Loudoun County VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:26:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Loudoun County VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loudoun County VA  (Read 3671 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: February 10, 2006, 01:58:55 AM »

Loudoun County is really cool because its the fastest growing county in the United States yet is nearly in the Northeast and trending Democrat.

I know someone from Northern Virginia and he says that Loudoun is a nice place to live but is quite expensive to buy a house in. That may be a sign that they are running out of land.

The Northern Virginia Suburbs are really getting far out into the country, places like Stafford, Spotsylvania and Fauquier are starting to grow rapidly. Unlike Douglas, CO and Forsyth, GA (2 other of the fastest growing counties) Northern VA is looking great for the Dems.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 03:29:06 AM »

As long as Democrats focus on bread-and-butter issues like education, transportation, and suburban sprawl, they will do well in such counties like Loudoun, Prince William, and perhaps even Stafford counties.  In time to come, while we may eventually lose the 9th district in Southwest Virginia coal country to Republicans once Rick Boucher either retires or dies in office, we look set to gain Frank Wolf and Tom Davis' districts (both based in Northern Virginia) once they leave office.   

Whats Stafford County like compared to Fairfax and Loudoun? Is it becoming more liberal too?

On a side note, the worst traffic jam I have ever been in was in Northern Virginia on I-95. If anyone has to use that road, I advise to take US Highway 13 instead, which goes through Maryland's East Shore and Delware, its more miles but no traffic and nice scenery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies