NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:47:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 50413 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2020, 12:16:13 PM »

DDHQ is up: https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/2020/primary/nevada/president
Hydera

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2020, 12:16:54 PM »

Here's some election OCD. Its raining in Vegas but not in Reno and sparse snow/rain mixture in rural sparsely populated North Nevada. Even if Rain does affect Bernie supporters in Vegas it will be mitigated by clear sunny skies in Reno so don't put your hopes on weather affecting Bernie's support. And its likely that rain will dampen turnout of every candidate's base anyway.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2020, 12:18:45 PM »

BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2020, 12:20:14 PM »

This is going to be a boring night. The Russian asset has this all sewn up because the idiots on stage decided to take out all their rage on someone who's not even on the damn ballot here. Smh.

Bernie's baggage may be getting impossible for him now that he's under increased scrutiny. Hopefully tonight is his peak.
Too little, too late. There have been plenty of early votes in California.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2020, 12:26:45 PM »

Here's some election OCD. Its raining in Vegas but not in Reno and sparse snow/rain mixture in rural sparsely populated North Nevada. Even if Rain does affect Bernie supporters in Vegas it will be mitigated by clear sunny skies in Reno so don't put your hopes on weather affecting Bernie's support. And its likely that rain will dampen turnout of every candidate's base anyway.

Rain in NoVa.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2020, 12:27:15 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/02/21/nevada-ndas/
Nevada Democratic Party moves to muzzle election workers
The Democratic Party of Nevada is asking volunteers to sign nondisparagement agreements.
LAS VEGAS — The Democratic Party of Nevada wants to avoid the kind of embarrassments that plagued the Iowa caucuses. One way it hopes to accomplish that goal: Non-disclosure agreements that prohibit election volunteers from saying anything that might harm the party’s reputation.

As election volunteers stream into party headquarters near the Las Vegas Strip to pick up their election materials, including iPads that have been programmed to tally the caucus results, they’re being asked to sign a lengthy legal document prohibiting them from saying anything that might “impair or otherwise adversely affect the goodwill or reputation” of the party, according to the document viewed by The Washington Post. The agreement also prevents volunteers from speaking to the press and requires them to report any run-ins with reporters to higher ups, threatening legal action for any lack of compliance.

The unusual move to muzzle election workers has already caused at least three volunteers who spoke to The Post to quit in protest.

“I think it’s shady,” said Ziad Doumani, a retired firefighter and student who lives in Henderson, Nev., and volunteered to run one of the caucuses. While Doumani himself has not been asked to sign the NDA — so far, it has been reserved for “site leaders” who have shown up to pick up the materials — he said the lack of transparency is disturbing. “Why can’t we talk about it? Why are they being so secretive?”

They want to rig it!   Angry
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2020, 12:28:54 PM »

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2020, 12:29:12 PM »

Well I think if there's one important thing that we all bear in mind with these results, it's that it's pronounced "NE-VAD-UH" and not "NE-VAH-DUH". 

Got yelled at by a girl in my undergrad sorority for getting it wrong Tongue

As an Austrian, I pronounce it "Näh-wuh-duh".

But you probably pronounce "Strine" like "Styrian"
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2020, 12:30:41 PM »

This is going to be a boring night. The Russian asset has this all sewn up because the idiots on stage decided to take out all their rage on someone who's not even on the damn ballot here. Smh.

Bernie's baggage may be getting impossible for him now that he's under increased scrutiny. Hopefully tonight is his peak.

Biden was already under scrutiny,  like Trump wont make Biden Ukraine an issue, Biden was cleared by Ukraine,  not FBI, that's why Bernie is ahead. ST Bloomberg will split votes with Biden and cause Bernie to win, despite the SC caucuses
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2020, 12:31:14 PM »

Well I think if there's one important thing that we all bear in mind with these results, it's that it's pronounced "NE-VAD-UH" and not "NE-VAH-DUH". 

Got yelled at by a girl in my undergrad sorority for getting it wrong Tongue

As an Austrian, I pronounce it "Näh-wuh-duh".

But you probably pronounce "Strine" like "Styrian"

No, like „wine“ (cave).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2020, 12:33:40 PM »

Morning, y'all!

For comparisons' sake with today's results, I whipped up a quick visual guide showing an overview of the 2016 and 2008 Democratic Caucuses in Nevada:

This is the most annoying thing about the caucuses: you can win the vote, but still lose in delegate count (as evident with 2008).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2020, 12:33:59 PM »

Dems as well as Rs are connected in some way to Ukraine and Russia, Bernie, Biden and Trump, even Obama and Hilary
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »

I’m up.

Watching Baylor-Kansas but will update the OP and unlock the Bernie thread when soon.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »

They are now starting to let people into the caucus precincts to register and/or check in.

This will take 2 hours until the caucusing begins.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2020, 12:51:05 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2020, 12:53:53 PM »

When do entrance polls come
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2020, 12:55:47 PM »

Shortly after 3pm ET, most likely.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2020, 01:02:11 PM »

Morning, y'all!

For comparisons' sake with today's results, I whipped up a quick visual guide showing an overview of the 2016 and 2008 Democratic Caucuses in Nevada:

This is the most annoying thing about the caucuses: you can win the vote, but still lose in delegate count (as evident with 2008).
I think superdelegates were a factor too
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2020, 01:09:38 PM »

Sounds like a good thing for Sanders. Henderson should be prime Buttigieg/"moderate" territory, at least the more white/southern parts of it.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2020, 01:10:29 PM »

Morning, y'all!

I think superdelegates were a factor too

No, these are only pledged delegates.

Before this year, the county delegates elected at general caucuses were not pledged to vote for their preferred candidate at the county conventions, and then the state delegates elected at the county conventions were not pledged to vote for their preferred candidate at the state convention. In 2008 in particular, Obama was very successful at convincing Clinton county delegates and state delegates to flip to vote for him at the county/state conventions, so he increased his delegate count after those conventions. The same thing happened in most caucus states in 2008. That had been tightened but not eliminated by 2016, and I think Sanders did net one or two delegates by convincing Clinton county/state delegates to flip in some places, but not nearly as many. This year, county and state delegates are bound to vote for the candidate for whom they were elected, so they can't be flipped later.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2020, 01:10:56 PM »

Sounds like a good thing for Sanders. Henderson should be prime Buttigieg/"moderate" territory, at least the more white/southern parts of it.

It’s raining in all of Las Vegas ...
mgop
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2020, 01:12:30 PM »

Jeezus. I just noticed that PredictIt has Bernie with a +10% win in Nevada and winning every single state now (Bloomberg just overtook him in Florida as I was typing this).

every state, even florida, except alabama lol and that's what i can't understand: alabama is one of the poorest states in union, one of very few without minimum wage law etc. and when someone yells "communist" they vote for right wingers. what a sad state...
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2020, 01:12:43 PM »

Yes, but it said it was coming down "hard" in Henderson. Perhaps the rain is not as heavy in the more Bernie-friendly areas. I don't know, just saying that it might be since we don't have anecdotal reports from there. Although I suppose we could look at the radar.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/nevada/weather-radar
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2020, 01:14:31 PM »

It’s raining all over Nevada and the Southwest today
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies