Headquarters - Yates for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:05:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Headquarters - Yates for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Headquarters - Yates for Senate  (Read 1549 times)
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2006, 04:56:02 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2006, 05:10:55 PM by Yates »

Declaration of Candidacy - Yates for Senate
Council Bluffs, Iowa

My Fellow Midwesterners and Friends:

Two months ago, I made the decision to join Atlasia.  I signed up in Iowa, in the Midwest Region; I could not have made a better choice.  Midwesterners are amazing, friendly people.  Some are wise fans of Herbert Hoover.  Some love cheese, more than the ordinary person.  Some give warm, loving hugs.  I am honored to call each and every Midwesterner my friend.  All of you are wonderful people, and have made my Atlasian experience joyful and happy.

With your help and advice, I have been able to become immersed in fantasy politics.  I have been proud to serve alongside Q as Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs.  I have been proud to be accepted into this lovely community so soon after I joined it.  With your help and confidence and me, with your kindness, I have been able to become established in the Atlasian community.  And, with the support and advice of my dear friends, I hereby declare myself a candidate for Midwest Senator.

In my address to the Independent Liberal Party Convention, I spoke about the virtue of having independence.  Though I belong to a party, I assure you that as your Senator, I will do whatever necessary to better both this region and Atlasia.  My dedication to serve will surpass all else.  When I am Senator, I will contact every Midwesterner weekly to inform them about events in Nyman, including bills on debate, and how I plan to vote on them.  I will open the door for any Midwesterner to contact me by having a thread dedicated for questions and debates about my stances on policy.  I am a firm believer in the assumption that authority should be questioned.  As Senator, I will encourage those who disagree with me to publicly question my judgement.  I will justify all of my actions as Senator by explaining my votes to all Midwesterners.  A Senator’s job is to represent his constituents, and that is precisely what I will do.

While your views are the ones that matter, I also have my own core set of beliefs and values.  I believe in small government, government by the people and for the people.  However, I do believe that the government must step in and intervene in the lives of its constituents if those lives are in danger.  By danger, I mean not only a physical danger, such as a criminal or an enemy nation, I also mean a danger of financial woes such as excessively high taxes, economic woes such as poverty, and other problems which may harm a person in more ways than physically. 

I am a firm believer in improving and expanding the Atlasian dream.  It was that dream that encouraged religious rebels to sail across the Atlantic Ocean and land on Plymouth Rock.  It was that dream that drove our Founding Fathers to declare independence and fight for freedom.  It was that dream that drives families oppressed under dictators to risk everything to come to our nation.  As Senator, I will fight for the working family, by doing what I can to reduce financial burdens on middle and lower income tax brackets, so that everyone, rich or poor, is able to live that beautiful Atlasian dream.

I enter this campaign asking for your votes.  I will, during the course of this campaign, contact each Midwesterner individually to ask for your vote.  Please, inquire in my campaign headquarters about any questions or concerns you may have.  I will do my very best to prove myself worthy to all Midwesterners.

With that, I embark upon my first Atlasian campaign.  I hope sincerely to prove to you why I, Yates, am worthy to represent you in the Senate.  With Midwestern pride, we can, together, achieve great things.  Anyone can make a difference, and I ask you to make a difference by voting for me for Senate.

Thank you for all, God Bless you, and May God Bless the Midwest and Atlasia!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 04:57:08 PM »

Interesting, Good luck!
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 05:19:54 PM »

Thank you.

This thread will later be used as my campaign headquarters.  In this thread, I will deliver policy speeches and make campaign announcements.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »

Best of luck, Yates. Is this for the seat that Ernest and Trondheim ran for this past weekend?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 05:21:17 PM »

I wish you the best of luck!

Is this for the seat that Ernest and Trondheim ran for this past weekend?
Yes, I believe it is.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »

Best of luck to you Yates. This will be an interesting race.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »

Good luck, Yates!  Nice speech
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »

Good Luck to you!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »

You've got my vote. Smiley
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 06:04:05 PM »

Thank you all.

I wish to take this opportunity to congratulate Ernest for his victory in the special election, as well as Lewis Trondheim for his well-fought campaign, and for his near victory.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 06:07:42 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2006, 06:12:07 PM by Governor TCash »

OK, now I'm really confused. Was this election result changed too?

OK, I see. This forum has really got some problems with election results, lay (sorry but true) calling of elections and concessions of candidates.
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 06:10:14 PM »

OK, now I'm really confused. Was this election result changed too?

Ernest was declared the winner by Governor Jas.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 07:32:36 PM »

Yay! God Yates for senate!!! (inside joke, Yates'll get it  Wink)
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 07:36:56 PM »

Yay! God Yates for senate!!! (inside joke, Yates'll get it  Wink)

Haha! Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 07:52:23 PM »

Nice to see you back Smiley

Could you participate in this please? https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=35663.0
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 08:18:49 PM »

Thank you, Al.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 11:44:21 AM »

Interesting developments here. Smiley
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 05:10:39 PM »

Platform - Yates for Senate

I will paste links here after making policy addresses regarding the issues.
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 06:07:28 PM »

I apologize for the lengthly delay.  The first policy plank shall be posted this evening.
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »

Good evening.

Tonight, I wish to briefly speak about Forum Affairs.  I will attempt to make these policy planks brief, for I understand the fact that many here do not wish to read through my long, occasionally dull speeches.

While I do not intend to boast about my previous credentials, as Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, I was able to entirely understand the process and work that is required in order to sustain the Department of Forum Affairs.  This department is required to do the organizational work of Atlasia, a job which I sincerely doubt many people would wish to do.  Those selected to serve as Secretary of Forum Affairs are generally competent, and are more than able to coordinate the Department.  Q, for example, has been a superb Secretary.

While I am perfectly satisfied with the manner in wish Forum Affairs are currently being conducted, I do see a niche for reform.  It has come to my knowledge that a bill has been proposed in the past which separated the Forum Affairs Department into two different sections: one for elections, and one for maintaining rosters, populations, registered voters, etc.  This bill is, in the opinion of this Iowan, representative of a step forward for the Forum Affairs Department.  While I, as Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, did not have an unbearable workload, I know that the workload of the Secretary was quite significant.  Of course, this does not change the fact that Q has effectively managed the workload.  However, it is too much for one single individual.  As Senator, I will support the articulation of the Department of Forum Affairs.  By providing a lesser workload to more individuals, it will ensure that Atlasia is more effectively managed.

Good night.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 08:53:03 AM »

Looks familiar Wink

Good luck Smiley Yates

Dave
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 09:04:59 PM »

Dave, I apologize if this photograph has been used in the past by others.  Thank you for your well-wishes, Senator.
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 09:55:43 PM »

Legislative Initiatives
If elected to the Senate, I will propose legislation for the purposes outlined below.

1. Reducing abortions by providing greater funding to adoption programs.  This funding would come from excess spending in several Cabinet Departments.
2. Providing tax cuts to those workers who have lost their jobs as a direct result of free trade.
3. Establishing a more articulated and divided Department of Forum Affairs in order to better organize the Department, which is the backbone of Atlasia.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 10:42:17 PM »

1. Reducing abortions by providing greater funding to adoption programs.  This funding would come from excess spending in several Cabinet Departments.

Abortion and the right to regulate abortions is currently a regional issue not a federal one as per the Second Constitution so I believe this would be unconstitutional and go against federal precedent if such a law was proposed. However if you would like to pass a law such as that in the Midwest you can.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 10:49:51 PM »

Abortion and the right to regulate abortions is currently a regional issue not a federal one as per the Second Constitution so I believe this would be unconstitutional and go against federal precedent if such a law was proposed. However if you would like to pass a law such as that in the Midwest you can.

I think Yates is proposing federally-funded adoption-promotion programs, not laws on abortion.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies