VA-Monmouth: Sanders and Bloomberg tied at 22
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:34:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  VA-Monmouth: Sanders and Bloomberg tied at 22
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VA-Monmouth: Sanders and Bloomberg tied at 22  (Read 1981 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 07:23:23 PM »

Imagine how the “BeRnIe MiGhT lOsE vA tO tRuMp” crowd would react to Sanders winning the primary in VA.

Didn’t realize that VA is trending Republican and that Sanders is going to benefit from a VA Republican running in the primary.
Faith257

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 08:39:54 PM »

These are naturally decent numbers for Sanders being tied in VA, and for whatever reason folks seem to forget about an extremely large Asian-American, and Latino-American population within NOVA...

VA will likely be relatively close in the '20 DEM PRIM, and Bernie is doing much better among the Black, Brown, and Asian Minority voters than he did in '16.

Sure White Wealthy folks do their own thang.... Bernie will not rack up margins in the rural White Communities like he did in '16....

Coalitions shift, Coalitions change.... nobody is a hater on either sides of the Democratic Civil War.

Still, the future is coming and many 45+ are worrying, and although they are a fearin' that Trump might be able to close the deal, they are still listening to the Siren songs of their Children and Grandchildren knowin' that a New Earth and a New Future is singing upon the waves....

I agree with you first point about NOVA as it’s extremely diverse in terms of ethnicity and income.  Rural VA has a lot of college towns in the mix so I’m not sure.  Virginia Tech, UVA, James Madison etc.

A geographic cross tab would be helpful.  I’ve lived all over VA as it is my home state yet I moved away Each area is like a different world.  It’s an interesting state.

There is a geographic breakdown, but into 3 very broad areas ("East" includes Hampton Roads, Richmond, & varied rural areas):

JB    BS    EW  PB  AK   MB    TG  O   U
15% 21% 9% 7% 12% 26% 0% 1% 9%      NoVa CD8\10\11
19% 25% 2% 14% 7% 21% 2% 0% 11%    East CD1\2\3\4\7
22% 19% 5% 9% 10% 19% 1% 0% 16%    West CD5\6\9

btw Steyer's on the ballot, right?   Why wasn't he included in the poll?

Thanks!

I grew up in CD2 (military family that is still there), undergrad CD9 and grad school in CD8/11.  Yes, very broad.   These groupings are so dissimilar it doesn’t tell us much.  3 and 4 are distinctly different west of Suffolk.  North of Newport News to Richmond are more like 5 and 7.  8/11 and eastern portion of 10 is not considered “VA” by the rest of the state, it’s “DC”.  It may be the only grouping that makes sense.

Yes, Steyer is on the ballot.  Not sure why he wasn’t polled.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 01:50:06 AM »

Virginia will not vote for Sanders by 9% in November. Jfc no.

It will be a very close race in which Trump will not be able to find the last few votes he needs to win the state.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies