Syrians torch Danish and Norwegian embassies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:08:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Syrians torch Danish and Norwegian embassies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Syrians torch Danish and Norwegian embassies  (Read 5679 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2006, 12:22:19 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4681294.stm

Okay, Okay.

Pay attention protestors- here's a geography lesson for you.

Now was you can see from this childrens map, Denmark and Norway are countries see? Look at the pretty colours! Denmark is that nation in red (the colour of martyrs blood) at the bottom and that long nation above it is called Norway. N-O-R-W-A-Y. Okay. They are ruled by seperate rulers they are not the same okay?

Oh and that country next to Norway is called Sweden. Sweden also makes dairy products, but is NOT Denmark. You should all know what the Danish flag looks like now, so check the label on your groceries okay Smiley

Okay! Good!

Now for lesson 2.

This is the Danish flag.

I'm sure you've all seen one or stood on one.

Now that white thing is called a cross. And do you know what it stands for?

That's right. Jesus! So you have all been burning a Christian symbol. But I forgive you. I wouldn't want to be so hyper senstive about these things.

Okay. Lesson 3.

This is a cartoon from Egypt.

Funny isn't it! But wait, whats this?

Sharon wearing a swastika tie and devil horns. Don't you know thats very disrespectful? 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust..no no don't get all upset, it did actually happen. Now some might say that is an OFFENSIVE cartoon. And you know what? It is!

But do you want to know what else? You have a right to publish this if you want to. I don't like it, but I wouldn't say you cannot publish it.

Neither would I kidnap aid workers, boycott Egypt, set fire to their embassies or protest in the streets burning the Egyptian flag.

Its called freedom of expression. Come on now, Say it with me FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.

And it is a very, very good thing.

End sarchasm mode.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 12:57:22 PM »

More insane hypocrisy from the folks Bush came out in support of.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 01:05:18 PM »

Oh, here are some more fun pics from Muslim protests!

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »

More insane hypocrisy from the folks Bush came out in support of.

Bush didn't come out in support of the people doing this kind of thing
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 02:13:50 PM »

BRTD, I can find pictures of white people holding up racist signs and pictures of black people holding up signs resulting mass deaths of white people.  That does not automatically make the cause as a whole bad.

For someone who so vigourously defends communism as being a positive force, you sure aren't willing to look at Islam with the same eye.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 03:13:37 PM »

Ex-editor of Jordanian newspaper who printed the pictures and urged restraint has been arrested.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 03:40:17 PM »

Our embassy got damaged as well for being in the same building as the Danish one.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 03:46:22 PM »

Maybe they burned Norway's embassy down as revenge for lutefisk.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 03:53:23 PM »

This doesn't do any good and only helps to disgrace Syria - but it was an empty embassy and fortunally not the Danish Cultural Institute www.damaskus.dk
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 04:13:28 PM »

Muslims in general don't really deserve respect or sensititive, in my opinion, because they don't show any of it to others.  Why should anybody respect them?  Who cares about their opinions?
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 04:16:48 PM »

I thought this was rather interesting when I found it.

“I cobble together a verse comedy about the customs of the harem, assuming that, as a Spanish writer, I can say what I like about Mohammed without drawing hostile fire. Next thing, some envoy from God knows where turns up and complains that in my play I have offended the Ottoman empire, Persia, a large slice of the Indian peninsula, the whole of Egypt, and the kingdoms of Barca, Tripoli, Tunisi, Algeria, and Morocco. And so my play sinks without trace, all to placate a bunch of Muslim princes, not one of whom, as far as I know, can read but who beat the living daylights out of us and say we are ‘Christian dogs.’ Since they can’t stop a man thinking, they take it out on his hide instead.”

From Beaumarchais’ Marriage of Figaro, Act V, Scene 3

As posted on Andrew Sullivan's blog.

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 06:23:31 PM »

Muslims in general don't really deserve respect or sensititive, in my opinion, because they don't show any of it to others.  Why should anybody respect them?  Who cares about their opinions?
Republicans and Libertarians in general don't really deserve respect or sensitivity, in my opinion, because they don't show any of it to others.  Why should anybody respect them?  Who cares about their opinions?

Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »

I really hope you meant to say "Radical Muslims", because I really don't want to call you out for unintentional blanket statements like that. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 06:34:19 PM »

I really hope you meant to say "Radical Muslims", because I really don't want to call you out for unintentional blanket statements like that. Smiley

Joe, I'd recommend you don't even bother.  I've given up the quest to point out what I had previously imagined to be obvious, which is that the most vocal of any bunch are inevitably going to be the most extreme.  It just doesn't work.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 06:36:37 PM »

Republicans and Libertarians in general don't really deserve respect or sensitivity, in my opinion, because they don't show any of it to others.  Why should anybody respect them?  Who cares about their opinions?

Smiley

Excellent ilikiverin!  Good point about the pot calling the kettle black there.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 06:37:35 PM »

I would criticize that cartoon, but I don't want to be labeled as a disparager of the freedom of the press.  Also, people may accuse me of liking Jews.

All views are equally deserving of our unconditional respect.

<End sarcasm mode>
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 07:25:37 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/05/nflag05.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/02/05/ixportaltop.html

British Conservatives demand that the sort of protests with placards above, were an incitement to murder and they should have been arrested. (Arrest the parents obviously in the above case!)

'As fanatics - some dressed as suicide bombers - staged more protests yesterday, David Davis, the shadow home secretary, said the police should take action against what were clearly offences of incitement to murder.'
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 08:21:27 PM »

...The whole thing's a ghastly nightmare!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 02:48:45 PM »

Why aren't the bobbies beating the skulls of these terrorists in?
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 02:54:06 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2006, 03:10:17 PM by Huckleberry Finn »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/05/nflag05.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/02/05/ixportaltop.html

British Conservatives demand that the sort of protests with placards above, were an incitement to murder and they should have been arrested. (Arrest the parents obviously in the above case!)

'As fanatics - some dressed as suicide bombers - staged more protests yesterday, David Davis, the shadow home secretary, said the police should take action against what were clearly offences of incitement to murder.'

First I thought that those pictures were fakes and  I'm really shocked that they not! This is awful, a nightmare. We MUST stop Muslim immigration. I don't want to see Europe falling back the medieval society. Most muslims could be moderate and it's sad that we should descrease immigration because of those fanatics, but I don't really see an alternative way. I know I sound like a far right fanatic, but as I say I don't see other alternative here.

The population change has already effected in Finland and we have only 1 % Muslim minority. For example some schools have removed Christian songs from Christmas celebration because Muslims could be offended. That is, of course, most idiotic kind of political correctness and largely criticized by public opinion and media.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 03:10:33 PM »

First I thought that those pictures were fakes and  I'm really shocked that they not! This is awful, a nightmare. We MUST stop Muslim immigration. I don't want to see Europe falling back the medieval society. Most muslims could be moderate and it's sad that we should descrease immigration because of those fanatics, but I don't really see an alternative way. I know I sounds like a far right fanatic, but as I say I don't see other alternative here.

The population change has already effected in Finland and we have only 1 % Muslim minority. For example some schools have removed Christian songs from Christmas celebration because Muslims could be offended. That is, of course, most idiotic kind of political correctness and largely criticized by public opinion and media.

You are not a "right wing fanatic" you just love your country and worry about its' future. That's very commendable on your part! I wish your nation the best of luck in dealing with the religion of "peace".

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 03:22:53 PM »

Why aren't the bobbies beating the skulls of these terrorists in?

Because the group in question is just a bunch of fringe loonies hated by pretty much all other Muslims (even the extremist MPAC condemmend the protesters!). And because there's a right to protest peacefully here, o/c.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 04:21:46 PM »

The Danish consulate in Beirut was burned today. Lebanese politicians has condemmed the actions and Danish citizens are now leaving the country
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 05:34:43 PM »

The Danish consulate in Beirut was burned today. Lebanese politicians has condemmed the actions and Danish citizens are now leaving the country

Here is the crossroads. Do the Danish stand down or stand up to Islam? I'm hoping for the later.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2006, 05:37:16 PM »

That's funny, that's the second time in two days that somebody has accidentally left out the "radical" part when they criticize Islam.  Ironically, it has the unintentional consequence of making you look like a bigoted moron, so I'm guessing it was just a typo.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies