Statehouses Gleam for Democrats in 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:49:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Statehouses Gleam for Democrats in 2006
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statehouses Gleam for Democrats in 2006  (Read 1042 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2006, 05:02:55 AM »

This is Larry Sabato's latest on this years Gubnatorial elections:

Statehouses Gleam for Democrats in 2006: But not all That Glisters is Gold

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-2_3_06_LS_pf.html

Any thoughts?

Dave
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 11:20:47 AM »

We SHOULD do well in the 2006 gubernatorial races, but I doubt we're going to do as well as some are predicting.  WI and IA are probably going to go GOP.  NY and MA will go DEM.  After that, I see mostly wishful thinking.  CA, maybe, but dont bet the farm on it.  MD looks good, but once the campaign heats up and the dirt comes out on O'Malley, I expect Ehrlich to win in a squeaker.

Of course all of these predictions are subject to change.  Wink
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 12:09:37 PM »

We SHOULD do well in the 2006 gubernatorial races, but I doubt we're going to do as well as some are predicting.  WI and IA are probably going to go GOP.  NY and MA will go DEM.  After that, I see mostly wishful thinking.  CA, maybe, but dont bet the farm on it.  MD looks good, but once the campaign heats up and the dirt comes out on O'Malley, I expect Ehrlich to win in a squeaker.

Of course all of these predictions are subject to change.  Wink

I tend to agree.

Dems will do well, but not as well as some would like to predict.

New York and Massachusetts are pretty safe to call pickups right now for the Dems, California will be much tougher than folks seem to think and I would imagine that Arnie will hold on. Beyond that I think tight contests in both Ohio and Arkansas should favour the Dems, and should Knowles run (is he the only democrat in the state or something?) then so should the contest in Alaska.

At the same time however I’d say that Iowa and Wisconsin are vulnerable to the GOP and (if the Steelers win Smiley ) then Pennsylvania could well be vulnerable as well… yet I’d say that both Oklahoma and Michigan are more secure than they seem.

So overall I’d expect the Dems to lose 2 and win anything from 2-6… then again we are dealing with the Democratic Party here and even when events are working in their favour they seem able to foul up somehow?!?       
Galactic Overlord

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »

I think the Democrats have a good chance in Colorado.  The GOP there has a bad case of shooting itself in the foot, and they have an incredibly nasty primary at the moment.

On the other hand, Ohio may turn out to be a disappointment.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies