Supreme Court Action against Senators Boss Tweed, Michael Z, and ShapeShifter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:20:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Supreme Court Action against Senators Boss Tweed, Michael Z, and ShapeShifter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Supreme Court Action against Senators Boss Tweed, Michael Z, and ShapeShifter  (Read 6255 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 03:48:47 PM »

Why wasn't LEGAL action taken against JFK?  He has a UK avatar.

He has a CA avatar in his signature.

It shouldn't matter.  I am suing JFK.

Boss...if you object to changing your avatar, just do what JFK did and post a US avatar in your sig.
Or at least write: "New York avatar for Fantasy Elections" or something.
Demrepdan

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 05:07:15 PM »

As Attorney General.....I condemn the actions of the said Senators....for not complying with Constitutional rules. If you don't want to obey the rules....then.... you... Smiley (I'm a straight shooter) However....Chief Justice Migrendel has given them a ultimatum....stating that they must change their avatars....(or place the state they represent within their signature at the very least) with 5 days. If this is not done......I urge the Senate to vote articles of expulsion against the Senators in question.

Signed: Attorney General Demrepdan
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 08:12:08 PM »

Everyone knows where I live.  Hey Fritz-SHUT IT

Actually, I'm not real clear on where you live.  You started out with a New York avatar.  At some point, you changed it to a Louisiana avatar, and toyed with the idea of running for office in the southeast.  (Something should also be done about changing your avatars around just so you can run for that districts/regions office.)

Look, Boss.  Just change it to New York and everybody walks away happy.  Leave it the way you've got it now and you're out of office.  It Your Chose.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 08:25:15 PM »

Although I do believe the constititution is quite explicit on this matter, I think it's important that we not get so wrapped up in rules and regulations that we take all the fun out of the fantasy elections.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 08:29:18 PM »

Although I do believe the constititution is quite explicit on this matter, I think it's important that we not get so wrapped up in rules and regulations that we take all the fun out of the fantasy elections.

I couldn't agree more.  But they've made it clear they want tons of rules and regulations judging by the stolen election in District 4 a few weeks back.  So if they *want* all these rules to follow......
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2004, 06:43:20 AM »

MSNBC News

Randy Meier: We now join our chief legal correspondent, Dan Abrams, on the steps of the Supreme Court building.

Dan Abrams: Randy, I’m standing here with Secretary of Labor Fritz, whose actions have been stirring up quite a bit of controversy.  First, Secretary Fritz filed an action yesterday in the Supreme Court against three Senators who are members of his own party, alleging violations of the Constitution for improper avatar use by these Senators.  Mr. Secretary, can you explain to us why you would file an action like this against fellow Democrats?

Fritz: Well Dan, this is not about party.  I love this forum, and I strongly feel that the Constitution is the very cornerstone of our society.  These Senators swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, and have flagrantly violated that oath.  I have made attempts to bring this to the Senators’ attention on previous occasions, but have been ignored.  The Supreme Court action may have been a bit drastic, but it seemed to be the only way to get these gentlemen’s attention.

Dan Abrams:  I see.  Well, response from the three Senators has been mixed.  Senator ShapeShifter changed his avatar almost immediately after learning of this action.  Senator Boss Tweed, on the other hand, has defiantly announced that he will not change his avatar, even if it costs him his seat in the Senate.

Fritz:  Yes, Dan, I expected this kind of a response from Mr. Tweed.  I find it very troubling when an elected member of the Senate so outwardly defies his oath of office.  The Supreme Court has given him a deadline of five days to comply, there are now four days left.  I think we’re just going to wait for the clock to run out on this.

Dan Abrams: Have you heard any response from Michael Z?

Fritz:  No Dan, Michael Z has not been heard from in the forum since before this action was filed.  He may not even be aware of it yet.

Dan Abrams: NBC News has been attempting to get a reaction from the Senator as well.  Now, on another subject, Mr. Secretary, you have been taking some criticism for releasing an ad that criticizes the President’s opponents because of their age.  Do you have any comment?

Fritz:  That ad was a joke, pure and simple.  It wasn’t intended to offend anyone, but if it did I am sorry for that.  I take some comfort from the fact that Governor Ilikeverin, who is a young person himself, took the ad in the spirit it was intended.  Personally, I have not even made a decision whether I will vote for the President or for Gustaf.  I look forward to seeing the candidates debate.

Dan Abrams:  We thank you for joining us this morning, Mr. Secretary.

Fritz:  Thank you.

Dan Abrams:  Randy, back to you.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2004, 08:25:57 AM »

Hm, like Pete said...I state as the first sentence in my sig that I'm from MN for fantasy purposes. Is that sufficient? I think it should be, btw. This should be kept as simple as possible.

Also, Boss, I don't see how JFK should be sued. Shouldn't you sue the SC if you're unhappy with their ruling?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2004, 11:07:10 AM »

The action of the Court stands:

The Senators have five days to change their avatars back to the area which they represent in the Senate. If they do not, they formally forfeit their Constitutional privilege to serve.

does that apply to me also?

If so, I am happy to change to a CA avatar although I like having it in my signature better.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2004, 02:29:55 PM »

Can I sate in words in my signature "Resident of New York state"?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2004, 03:52:38 PM »

omg whats the big deal, just change it back
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 05:50:40 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2004, 05:51:06 PM by KEmperor »

omg whats the big deal, just change it back

Yes, just change it back to NY, and the problem is solved.  Shapeshifter already did it...
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 06:50:26 PM »

The Court has decided to allow a marking on the post which signifies the region of electoral representation to be of equal merit to the actual avatar being changed. They may keep their avatars, as long as they clearly mark on their posts that they represent a certain area.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 08:37:52 PM »

I will write that in my signature
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 11:28:23 PM »

boss its fine that u have it in your sig, but honestly whats the big deal? you cause so much contervsary over a tupid little thing like avator...
ShapeShifter

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2004, 11:48:48 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2004, 11:50:02 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

boss its fine that u have it in your sig, but honestly whats the big deal? you cause so much contervsary over a tupid little thing like avator...

huh? last time I checked, UAC members like KE and you were the one making a big deal out of it and playing double standards with JFK since he is a UAC member. Pathetic. That is why I still say UAC = joke.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2004, 12:57:07 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2004, 01:22:44 AM by KEmperor »

huh? last time I checked, UAC members like KE and you were the one making a big deal out of it and playing double standards with JFK since he is a UAC member. Pathetic. That is why I still say UAC = joke.

Please excuse the Supreme Court members for trying to uphold the Constitution, a Constitution that bears your signature by the way, Shapeshifter.  I would also point out that this action was not brought by anyone in the UAC, and that the court was unanimous on this issue.  I would also note that the other members of this court are being very generous in allowing a simple text listing to be acceptable.  I am opposed to that, but I don' t think I am in the majority.  I urge my fellow justices to require an actual avatar.  The constitution specifically says that a Senator must have an AVATAR in place from the region or district you represent:

Clause 4. No person shall be Senator who has not attained  thirty or more posts at the forum, and does not live within the region or district they represent. Their avatar must be in place indicating a state from his or her region or district.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2004, 10:09:59 AM »

I'm sorry, but this court simply won't truckle to violations of the law, regardless of who perpetrates them. And I'm decidedly not a UAC member and I think our court has handled this situation quite well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2004, 10:20:12 AM »

I'm sorry, but this court simply won't truckle to violations of the law, regardless of who perpetrates them. And I'm decidedly not a UAC member and I think our court has handled this situation quite well.

Don't worry, this is just ShapeShifter playing his partisan games. He takes every chance.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2004, 10:22:14 AM »

I know. But I have to admit, giving Boss Tweed the plaque might give us all some peace. (That comment was made as humorous, just so I don't have to hear that the Supreme Court is biased.)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2004, 10:31:56 AM »

I know. But I have to admit, giving Boss Tweed the plaque might give us all some peace. (That comment was made as humorous, just so I don't have to hear that the Supreme Court is biased.)

ShapeShifter would have attacked you directly for it... Smiley
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2004, 10:34:37 AM »

That's why I had to be so clear.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2004, 10:41:17 AM »

Do you speak English?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2004, 12:13:35 PM »

yes i do, i think your a loser you cause so much confustion here because of your stupid little avator. whats the big deal? just change it back so we can all get on with on lives...
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2004, 01:49:34 PM »

I would like to thank Senators Boss Tweed and ShapeShifter for complying with the Court's ruling on this matter.

Uh, Michael Z...?

I also need to bring to the attention of the Court, one more elected official who violates the Constitution in this regard.

It is VP Al.

Article 2, Section 2, Clause 2. No person shall be President unless he or she has an avatar declaring a residence in the United States.

Article 2, Section 2, Clause 6. The President and Vice President can never be from the same state. No person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the Atlas Forum.

I submit that by displaying a UK avatar (and having no declaration of United States residency in his signature, either), VP Al is constitutionally ineligible to the office of President, and therefore also to the office of Vice-President.

It is unfortunate that I continue to find elected officials from my own party violating the Constitution.  However, the facts are what the facts are.

I hope that VP Al will correct this matter forthwith, thereby making the Court's ruling a moot point.

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2004, 02:01:47 PM »

In the case of Mike Z, he hasnt been active on the fantasy forum in the past few days. Perhaps Mr. Secetary, you should send him a email.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies