2020 CDU Leadership Contest (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:00:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2020 CDU Leadership Contest (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 CDU Leadership Contest  (Read 12973 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: September 24, 2020, 06:41:45 AM »

Merz links homosexuality to pedophelia:

Merz, a candidate in the CDU election set to take place in December to find a replacement for Angela Merkel, who is stepping down — made the comment to German media outlet Bild.

On the news segment named "The right questions," Merz was asked whether he would have reservations if a gay chancellor were to lead Germany.

"No," Merz replied to Bild. "Concerning the question of sexual orientation, as long as it is within the scope of the law and does not concern children — at this point I reach my absolute limits — it is not an issue for public discussion."

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-cdu-leadership-hopeful-slammed-for-comments-on-homosexuality/a-55008417

Disgusting comments.

??

If the translation is correct, he basically said that all sexual orientations are fine as long as one is not a pedophile?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 02:50:47 PM »

Yes, of course people should be careful what they say and try not to be a**!$#?s.

But the fact that several people who I would consider decent persons didn't recognize how unsensible Merz' remark could sound, makes me think that this isn't about being a decent person or not. It's about being aware of how yesterday's platitudes ("as long as it is within the scope of the law and does not concern children") put into the wrong context can evoke highly unfortunate associations and therefore be insensitive. Wokeness in the positive sense includes being aware about that, wokeness in the negative sense includes automatically assuming bad intentions when people fail to follow the code.

I understand what you say.
I guess I just think that jumping on that and calling it "disgusting" belongs more to what you called "wokeness in the negative sense".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies