Ukraine security services search 1+1 channel’s office over PM wiretap
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:41:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine security services search 1+1 channel’s office over PM wiretap
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine security services search 1+1 channel’s office over PM wiretap  (Read 626 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-politics/ukraine-security-services-search-tv-channel-office-over-pm-wiretap-idUSKBN1ZZ32S

“The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) conducted a pre-trial investigation into the illegal use of special technical means of obtaining information at the premises of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine,” the SBU said in a statement.

It added that its investigators had found that “individuals who periodically visited the office of “1+1” may be involved in the unlawful use of special technical means of obtaining information”.

The security service said it suspected undisclosed individuals had edited and distributed the audio recordings.

Can any Ukrainian posters tell us what the situation on the ground is. Is PM Zelensky getting flak for this by the general public.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 05:41:28 AM »

Kolomoyskiy's team, including 1+1 (he owns this TV channel, it played crucial role in Zelenskiy's presidential campaign) journalists-turned-MPs (Dubinskiy, Tkachenko) are fighting for influence on Zelenskiy. Recently they've lost some battles to Pinchuk wing and Pro-western-NGO wing, as Zelenskiy is trying to distance himself from controversial oligarch Kolomoyskiy.

PMs wirerap is seen as another step by Kolomoyskiy team in this game. There are rumours that PM's Security had recorded conversations and sell them to oligarch.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 05:33:48 AM »

There has been absolutely no attention to this event in Ukraine. Although I am a total critic of Zelensky, I can say that 50% of the population are now satisfied with his leadership, although life in Ukraine has deteriorated. You can often hear on the streets: "Oh, what a bad Prime Minister Goncharuk. He is the worst PM in Ukraine history, we would be happy when he will retire. And Zelensky is the best of the best." Many people do not realize that Goncharuk does not decide anything and is completely dependent on Zelensky and his advisers.

The 1 + 1 office searches were designed to convince people that Kolomoysky had no real impact on Zelensky. Although this is not true, Zelensky can not make any decision without the approval of Kolomoysky
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 03:25:20 PM »

There has been absolutely no attention to this event in Ukraine. Although I am a total critic of Zelensky, I can say that 50% of the population are now satisfied with his leadership, although life in Ukraine has deteriorated. You can often hear on the streets: "Oh, what a bad Prime Minister Goncharuk. He is the worst PM in Ukraine history, we would be happy when he will retire. And Zelensky is the best of the best." Many people do not realize that Goncharuk does not decide anything and is completely dependent on Zelensky and his advisers.

The 1 + 1 office searches were designed to convince people that Kolomoysky had no real impact on Zelensky. Although this is not true, Zelensky can not make any decision without the approval of Kolomoysky

I don't think it's true. Zelensky is independent figure, not some sort of Kolomoisky's puppet. Especially recently, first, he established good relations with another oligarchs, second, Kolomoisky became more and more destructive in his war with Centrak Bank, IMF, new land ownership legislature etc.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 03:42:02 PM »

I don't think it's true. Zelensky is independent figure, not some sort of Kolomoisky's puppet. Especially recently, first, he established good relations with another oligarchs, second, Kolomoisky became more and more destructive in his war with Centrak Bank, IMF, new land ownership legislature etc.

Zelensky may also be less dependent on Kolomoysky than I think. But he does not exactly make significant decisions independently. Now he is beginning to show his independence, but I do not think that Kolomoysky will allow and forgive him. In fact, all of Zelensky's team was formed by Andriy Bogdan, who is Kolomoysky's personal lawyer, though he also resigned recently. Again, Bogdan, Ermak, and Shefir - three key figures in Zelensky's team had common affairs or any other relationship with Kolomoysky
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 04:05:12 AM »

Zelensky may also be less dependent on Kolomoysky than I think. But he does not exactly make significant decisions independently. Now he is beginning to show his independence, but I do not think that Kolomoysky will allow and forgive him. In fact, all of Zelensky's team was formed by Andriy Bogdan, who is Kolomoysky's personal lawyer, though he also resigned recently. Again, Bogdan, Ermak, and Shefir - three key figures in Zelensky's team had common affairs or any other relationship with Kolomoysky

Only Bogdan is mainly Kolomoisky's man. Ermak and Shefir are longtime Zelenskiy's friends from Kvartal, they are mostly his men.

Kolomoyskiy's problem is that he hasn't much tools against Ze. Look at recent votings in Rada - even if some were bad for Kolomoiskiy, those votings succeeded. He has only 10-20 MPs in "Servant of the People" and 10-20 MPs in other fractions.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 08:27:06 AM »

Only Bogdan is mainly Kolomoisky's man. Ermak and Shefir are longtime Zelenskiy's friends from Kvartal, they are mostly his men.

Kolomoyskiy's problem is that he hasn't much tools against Ze. Look at recent votings in Rada - even if some were bad for Kolomoiskiy, those votings succeeded. He has only 10-20 MPs in "Servant of the People" and 10-20 MPs in other fractions.

"Kvartal-95" was initially funded by Kolomoisky, which is why he is personally familiar with all the main players of the "Kvartal-95". And the fact that Bogdan personally held meetings with the candidates for ministers confirms that Kolomoysky has a great influence on the government

In Verkhovna Rada in "Servant of the People" is a so-called "Kolomoisky group", which according to various data includes 15-20 deputies. They defend the interests of Kolomoysky directly. Kolomoisky also controls almost all of the "For the Future" faction. Of course, hes has a greater influence on one of the deputies, less on someone, and no one on others. In fact, the "Servant of the People" faction is made up of 20 Kolomoisky's deputies, 20-30 Zelensky's, and others more neutral. The very fact that he recruited people without knowledge and without education (in part) into the deputies makes it clear that these deputies are completely controlled by someone
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 05:07:43 PM »

https://provybir.in.ua/#parties

Very good test for whoever you vote for in Ukraine was timed for last year's parliamentary elections. Only in Ukrainian but can be translated by Google Translator
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 06:44:58 PM »

Help me out Andriy, I got

SOTP: 28
Voice: 28
Ukraine CPAT and some other words on a white background: 26
Sunflower and bird: 23
Poroshenko: 23
Tymoshenko: 21
Heart: 21
What looks like a C with the Ukrainian flag at one end: 21
Hand with flag on yellow background: 21
Pitchfork: 21
Yellow words on blue background: 21
Nazis: 19
White words crossing blue shadings on blue background: 16

So from the results, they only included the legal establishment parties. No good lefty parties like the Agricultural party, social democrats, or the Communists. Anyway, can you give us some info on what the current political situation in Ukraine is?

Oh and yeah, we really need To bump the Ukrainian Megathread.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2020, 09:35:15 AM by АndriуValeriovich »

Help me out Andriy, I got

SOTP: 28
Ukraine CPAT and some other words on a white background: 26
Sunflower and bird: 23
Poroshenko: 23
Tymoshenko: 21
Heart: 21
What looks like a C with the Ukrainian flag at one end: 21
Hand with flag on yellow background: 21
Pitchfork: 21
Yellow words on blue background: 21
Nazis: 19
White words crossing blue shadings on blue background: 16

So from the results, they only included the legal establishment parties. No good lefty parties like the Agricultural party, social democrats, or the Communists. Anyway, can you give us some info on what the current political situation in Ukraine is?

Oh and yeah, we really need To bump the Ukrainian Megathread.

So, you get this results:
Servant of the People: 28
Ukrainian Strategy of Groysman: 26
Opposition platform - For Life: 23
European Solidarity: 23
Fatherland: 21
Strength and Honor: 21
Civil Platform: 21
Radical Party of Lyashko: 21
Stenght of People: 21
Svoboda (Freedom): 19
Opposition Bloc: 16

Yeah, I will bump or create megathread about Ukraine and give analysis about current situation in country
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies