Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 04:29:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 155
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)  (Read 153909 times)
atheist4thecause
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »

I'm watching CNN and they are talking about Biden and comments from his campaign...wow is the Biden campaign downplaying expectations. They must have internal polling that shows he is not going to do well. He's dominating in South Carolina/South according to polls, so he's probably trying to hang on until then without losing too much momentum.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2020, 05:35:46 PM »

[transcription]

Graham Ambrose
@Grahambrose
WATCH: supporters of @BernieSanders chant and cheer at this caucus site in Des Moines#IowaCaucuses

(video embed)

4:24 PM - Feb 3, 2020
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2020, 05:36:16 PM »

Two points with regards to the retirement home number in Florida.

I had Klobuchar only losing by 50k to Trump which is nothing but Sanders losing by 300k.
The old vote is going to critical for any democratic nominee in Florida/Arizona if a dem is to win here. Sanders offers different strengths like in ohio, kentucky, west virginia but I don't think he can win in florida or arizona.

Klobuchar does expand the map but she has zero support with young people or people in the liberal states.

Dems think the fracking policy is bad but its actually sound policy for votes in the midwest.

As if the liberal states are going to vote Trump.
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »

Sanders is going to rack up massive amounts of votes in Johnson county.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2020, 05:37:54 PM »

I'm watching CNN and they are talking about Biden and comments from his campaign...wow is the Biden campaign downplaying expectations. They must have internal polling that shows he is not going to do well. He's dominating in South Carolina/South according to polls, so he's probably trying to hang on until then without losing too much momentum.

Biden isn't dominating in South Carolina though, he is losing support to Steyer there. And seemingly losing support to Bloomberg in super Tuesday states, at least if the national polls are an indicator of super Tuesday states.
bilaps
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2020, 05:39:13 PM »

They've been downplaying expectations for a few days now. I think that some polls showing Biden ahead or tied didn't do him any favours. His lane is clogged more than progresive one and if Klobuchar is surging, that's really really bad news for him.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »

I don’t understand why biden campaign is so confident that nh and Iowa results won’t affect his South Carolina performance
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2020, 05:40:47 PM »

Don't look now, but there is a would-be Bennet voter in Arizona.

The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru
@Garrett_Archer
Meet Tim. He is sitting in the uncommitted section. He initially wanted Bennet but he doesn't seem to have representation here. He will be watching what happens in the first two rounds. #IowaCaucusAZ
4:30 PM · Feb 3, 2020·Twitter for Android

Bennetmentum? Almost? ... ?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2020, 05:40:53 PM »

I think it's clear that Klobuchar is doing better than expected.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »

I don’t understand why biden campaign is so confident that nh and Iowa results won’t affect his South Carolina performance

Seriously. With Steyer and Klobuchar apparently building a legitimate base in the South out of Biden's own voters, he absolutely cannot afford to be so suicidally cocky.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2020, 05:42:02 PM »

I had Klobuchar only losing by 50k to Trump which is nothing but Sanders losing by 300k.
The old vote is going to critical for any democratic nominee in Florida/Arizona if a dem is to win here. Sanders offers different strengths like in ohio, kentucky, west virginia but I don't think he can win in florida or arizona.

Klobuchar does expand the map but she has zero support with young people or people in the liberal states.

Dems think the fracking policy is bad but its actually sound policy for votes in the midwest.

1) I don't agree that Klobuchar has 0 support in liberal states but...

2) Trump lost Minnesota by only 1.5%

If Amy Klobuchar is elected, that takes Minnesota out of play to the point where time and money doesn't even need to be spent there to defend it. Other candidates may need to defend Minnesota. She's also likely to do much better in the Midwestern toss up states than the other candidates.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #311 on: February 03, 2020, 05:43:17 PM »

I quite hope we get a Klobusurge tonight.
Hydera

« Reply #312 on: February 03, 2020, 05:43:52 PM »

If Amy Klobuchar is elected, that takes Minnesota out of play to the point where time and money doesn't even need to be spent there to defend it. Other candidates may need to defend Minnesota. She's also likely to do much better in the Midwestern toss up states than the other candidates.

Hillary did bad in Minnesota because working class democrats despised her not because she wasn't centrist enough.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #313 on: February 03, 2020, 05:43:53 PM »

It may be telling that Sanders' best performances in the satellite caucuses are actually in Iowa so far. The demographics of those that caucused in Ottumwa, Keokuk, Fort Madison, and Cedar Rapids (much more young, working-class, and diverse) are far more indicative of who will turn out tonight in the regular caucus.

CNN showing the Des Moines satellite caucus and it looks like Bernie is winning it. The reporter said there was a large group for Bernie, and smaller ones for Buttigieg and Warren. No mention of Biden.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: February 03, 2020, 05:44:40 PM »

It may be telling that Sanders' best performances in the satellite caucuses are actually in Iowa so far. The demographics of those that caucused in Ottumwa, Keokuk, Fort Madison, and Cedar Rapids (much more young, working-class, and diverse) are far more indicative of who will turn out tonight in the regular caucus.

CNN showing the Des Moines satellite caucus and it looks like Bernie is winning it. The reporter said there was a large group for Bernie, and smaller ones for Buttigieg and Warren. No mention of Biden.

Jesus.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2020, 05:44:47 PM »

NYT is live with precincts, models, and NEEDLES.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2020, 05:44:54 PM »

A Klobsurge at Biden's expense in Iowa is great news for Sanders. But if it allows Klobuchar to stay in until Super Tuesday and win Minnesota over Sanders, that might be a net negative for him.
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2020, 05:45:40 PM »

what % of the democratic base is voters over 65?  anyone know?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2020, 05:45:44 PM »

I would have so much fun if Biden ended up 5th. He'll probably do well in rural low educated areas, esp. near the Missouri border.
bilaps
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2020, 05:45:58 PM »

Wow, Zeleny trying his best not to say that there are literaly 50+ Sanders supporters and all others have like 10. There is a group of Warren supporters he says, there are 3 of them and there is a groupo of Sanders supporters.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »

Is it possible that Biden gets Jeb'ed tonight?
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2020, 05:47:17 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2020, 05:48:47 PM by YE »

First round vote so far:

18 Sanders (75%)
  2 Buttigieg (8%)
  2 Klobuchar (8%)
  2 Warren (8%)

Second round vote:

19 Sanders (83%)
  2 Buttigieg (9%)
  2 Klobuchar (9%)

Post deleted by moderator

Please dont.

I am very glad they had the foresight to delete that. Honestly, that was an absolutely reprehensible thing to even allude to.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »

Is it possible that Biden gets Jeb'ed tonight?

Why not? He's a weak candidate.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Hillary did bad in Minnesota because working class democrats despised her not because she wasn't centrist enough.

Completely untrue. Hillary did poorly in Minnesota because of one issue: Health Care. Any Democrat would've done bad in Minnesota because the ACA was hitting the Middle Class Minnesotans particularly hard. The rates were outrageous.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2020, 05:47:55 PM »

I would have so much fun if Biden ended up 5th. He'll probably do well in rural low educated areas, esp. near the Missouri border.

If the results right now are any indication at all, that very well might end up being the case. I would be s**tting a hole through the crust of the Earth if I were the Biden campaign right now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 155  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies