DFL replace Iron range Senate Minority Leader with Twin cities leader (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:10:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DFL replace Iron range Senate Minority Leader with Twin cities leader (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DFL replace Iron range Senate Minority Leader with Twin cities leader  (Read 2133 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 02, 2020, 11:46:57 PM »

This was a dumb move that plays into Trump/R's hands re: rural areas being ignored.
The average voter does not know who the Senate Minority Leader is, lmao.

After Trump goes on about how Dems abandoned the Iron Range at a local campaign rally, many will.

I'm not for rural areas being ignored, but I doubt that Trump knows, much less cares, about DFL politics.

Au contraire.

The Iron Range is full of historically Democratic union voters who are culturally conservative energy industry workers and miners who have been loyal, liberal Democrats for most of my life (and that includes during the McGovern debacle in 1972).  Trump is well aware that this move is another shift toward latte liberal suburban environmentalism at the expense of union workers in "dirty" industries that were the guts of the Democratic Party that I knew for most of my life, and was a party that I could generally support, even after registering Republican (for local political considerations) and even as the Democratic Party pushed its pro-life elected officials out of the party, one office at a time.

Today's Woke Dipstick Democrats are working hard to ensure that the 2020 Democratic Party nominee gets a lower portion of union voters than did George McGovern (whom the AFL-CIO did not endorse).  The latte liberals are now all Democrats, and the country is more socially liberal now than it was in 1972, and that's not ALL for the worse, but the Democratic Party has traded people who work at union  jobs for a living in exchange for socially liberal soccer moms and Woke Imbeciles.  That does make for a different Democratic Party, does it not?  I strongly suggest that this trade in constituencies has changed the Democratic Party by making it more elitist and less responsive to the people who actually do the work of our society.  If that's how they intend to rebuild the middle class, I suppose I'll learn to live with disappointment.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 03:02:48 PM »

The main reasons for Bakk being ousted is his positions on gun control and especially environmental issues, due to his opposition to many mining regulations. Obviously his region plays a role in those things but he wasn't ousted just based on being in the "wrong" area, or for being a man, which honestly would be even worse than if it was for his region alone.

And probably the decisive factor was him just being around too long.

I'm confident that Minnesota will swing to Trump this year.  Minnesota is finally a real swing state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies