What do WV Democrats do post-Manchin? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:10:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What do WV Democrats do post-Manchin? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do WV Democrats do post-Manchin?  (Read 6945 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 29, 2020, 05:53:57 PM »

just wait, WV is not WY and after 15-20 years in the Wilderness the Democrats will make a comeback.

This is probably the worst take I’ve seen this konth
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 11:56:34 PM »

I actually think WV Democrats have a good shot at winning AG this year. Probably their best bet of any row office, including the incumbent Dem Treasurer.

State Rep. Isaac Sponaugle is running, and he holds a blood red seat that even Manchin lost by 15% in 2018. The only reason he has a good shot is because Morrisey himself is (was?) very unpopular and had a 38/58 favorable spread in the exit polls. That was probably the only reason Manchin is still sitting in the Senate.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 06:21:32 AM »

My prediction for 2020 for WV is a Republican sweep

How very bold of you to predict that in a state Trump is going to win by 40+ points.

I think that’s the most likely scenario obviously, but there’s still a possibility that Morrisey or, yes, even Justice could lose this fall. I think Morrisey is the most likely of those to lose just because he was extremely unpopular in 2018, he’s a serial underperformer, and his opponent is probably the best the Democrats could get.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 06:23:33 AM »

Sit back, relax, and enjoy living in a state that even the coronavirus doesn't want to visit.

It’s a shame. I thought West Virginia was a beautiful state when I drove through it last spring if you ifnore all the trailer parks and industrial parks everywhere.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 01:01:04 AM »

Maintain a good organisation so if fluke circumstances like the Alabama or Massachusetts special Senate race arrive they are prepared to seize the opportunity and take the Senate seat for a few years.

All things considered, the WV and KY Democrats are probably the best Democratic State parties in the nation when you factor in their states’ leans. If you could transfer that competence to the FL and Texas Democratic Parties, imagine what the results could be.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 02:50:51 AM »

Maintain a good organisation so if fluke circumstances like the Alabama or Massachusetts special Senate race arrive they are prepared to seize the opportunity and take the Senate seat for a few years.

All things considered, the WV and KY Democrats are probably the best Democratic State parties in the nation when you factor in their states’ leans. If you could transfer that competence to the FL and Texas Democratic Parties, imagine what the results could be.

The TX And FL GOP doesn’t have any people as bad as Matt Bevin heading their ticket and they have been in power so long in both those states cause they have done an absolutely fabulous job governing those states.

Just look at the direction CA and TX has taken since the mid/late 90s and now TX is the better of two states . When CA was the more Republican of the two at the state level which was true even from 1966-1998 , CA was the better governed state and was by far the best state in the Union .

Look at the quality of education in Texas and Florida lmao
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 03:03:04 AM »

The TX And FL GOP doesn’t have any people as bad as Matt Bevin heading their ticket and they have been in power so long in both those states cause they have done an absolutely fabulous job governing those states.

Just look at the direction CA and TX has taken since the mid/late 90s and now TX is the better of two states . When CA was the more Republican of the two at the state level which was true even from 1966-1998 , CA was the better governed state and was by far the best state in the Union .

Look at the quality of education in Texas and Florida lmao

Better than Oregon lol and Im not kidding about that. Also look at the Texas economy compared to CA now and its obvious which state is better for the average person and its clearly just clearly Texas.

I’m not arguing that California has become ungovernable. I think that’s largely a result of it just having gotten so big and attractive that it forces prices to go up everywhere, thus pricing people out. Texas doesn’t have that problem. If one suburb fills up with people, we got tons of empty land to develop a new suburb if needed. California cities don’t have that luxury.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies