Canadian by-elections, 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:52:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian by-elections, 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian by-elections, 2020  (Read 11318 times)
Dipper Josh

« on: August 22, 2020, 02:21:14 PM »

Low income seats in Toronto-Centre are the future of the NDP, if it stays low income. I think the NDP should absolutely go all out to try and win this seat because it may give them a huge momentum boost heading into the fall election.

They would need to recruit Kristyn Wong-Tam. I know it's unlikely she gives up a seat on council to run for a party that may not even have any power if the Liberals win another majority. Which is precisely why they need to roll out the red carpet for her. Promise her they're going to spend more money on the upcoming federal election than 2019. Promise her Minister of Transport in the event of a coalition government. Last but not least, She's only 49 and Jagmeet ain't gonna be around forever.

Realistically though, the odds the NDP even tries to recruit her are probably low.
Dipper Josh

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 04:21:03 AM »

Don't see Kristyn Wong-Tam going federal where she has little chance of winning.  She has mayoral aspirations.

She won't but she could win. She's beloved in her ward and a 13 point swing in a by-election with an outgoing scandal ridden Liberal MP? Winnable.

I don't think the NDP is strong enough to win it with anyone else but I think they have it with her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies