Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:52:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!  (Read 3544 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »

Juvenile Justice Act

A bill I sponsored has recently passed! Take a look here:

Juvenile Justice Transitory Act

Section 1. Definition and Purpose
a. The title of this act shall be the Juvenile Justice Transitory Act
b. The purpose of this legislation shall be to meet the housing needs of juveniles exiting the correctional facilities across the South

Section 2. Establishment
a. The South shall establish a housing cash fund
b. The housing cash fund will be administered by the Attorney General's office
c. The purpose of the housing fund will be to provide housing assistance for persons with behavioral, mental health, or substance use disorders.

Section 3. Funding
a. The housing fund shall be financed by the use of income taxes, interest, and property taxes
b. The housing fund may provide grants and loan disbursement for housing related expenses
c. All moneys not utilized shall be returned to the cash fund

Sponsor: Spark498

Governor, the above bill has passed the Chamber 3-0-2. It now awaits your signature.

x

Thanks.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »

My constituents, please find my closing statement in the debates below:

Closing Statement

I'd first like to thank our wonderful Senator LT for choosing to host this debate. I also have enjoyed debating everyone and hearing their perspectives for our wonderful region. I wish you all the best of luck.

As we look back on the past six months, I'd like for you to ask yourself what Delegate and Deputy Speaker Spark has accomplished in office. From criminal justice reform to mining to putting our communities first, I will keep working tirelessly to protect the rights and prosperity of you and your families across the South.

This office means much more than upholding an oath, it's a duty to protect and provide for all of us especially those who are marginalized and struggling to survive. From the beginning when I arrived in the South, I have been a committed and principled advocate who has stopped at nothing short of delivering on the promises I made.

During the next session, I plan to continue in doing that so that the promise of the South can be experienced across this region. With these new legislative priorities we can begin to revitalize our region even more. I am a steady hand who can work to lead this Chamber and improve activity levels. I stepped in when the region needed it most and worked with your Governor. We need someone in office who leads and listens. That is what I will deliver to the Chamber.

I would be honored and humbled to have your support in the election this weekend.

Thank you.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22:41 PM »

Elections this weekend

Hello my fellow Southerners, I call your attention to the voting scheduled to take place over this weekend. I encourage you all to fulfill your civic duty in our region. Please take a look at my record and my legislative accomplishments this session. I believe I am best positioned to lead the Chamber next session and transform the Southern region.

If I am re-elected, here are my priorities for next session:

Next session (if elected) I pledge to-

-Protect the rights of the unborn
-Cut taxes and regulation to stimulate economic growth
-Providing an tax credit for childcare
-Move toward universal pre-K
-Remain active in voting and bringing bills to the floor and become even more active in debates
-Standing for Speaker to ensure that the South has a stable leadership and consistent vision for the future
-Reduce health insurance premiums for employees by providing tax credits to businesses
-Grant premium tax credits (regional subsidy) based on the poverty level in lower income communities across the South
-Invest in regional infrastructure such as railways, highways, and bridges via subsidy
-Expand autonomous automobile technology by encouraging research and development
-Keep advocating for our coal miners but also allow for them to transition to other fields
-Safeguard our parks by allowing limited drilling and logging
-Urge federal admin to take tougher stance on China while avoiding foreign entanglements abroad
-Protect regional sovereignty of the state of Kansas

I would be honored to have your vote in this election. Let's continue forging forward to keep the South the best region in Atlasia! Remember, Proven. Principled. Pragmatic. A vote for Spark is a vote to keep our region moving forward.

Thank you all.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »

Polls Are Open

Please remember to vote this weekend! I hope to earn your support and keep fighting for the South!

Best,

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2020, 04:25:50 PM »

Last Day To Vote

Hello everyone, today is the final day of voting in the Southern elections. I appreciate everyone who has casted their ballot for me so far. I hope to continue serving you in our honorable Chamber for another term. I have many priorites I'd like to accomplish and will not stop until they are completed. Our citizenry deserves the best and brightest public servants. I know that myself and other candidates are qualified to represent you. I am grateful for your confidence.

I will keep fighting for the South.

Thank you.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2020, 10:23:44 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 12:18:18 AM by Deputy Speaker Spark »

Victory Speech

Well everyone we did it yet again. I cannot thank everyone enough for their support. A win for me is a win for the South. I hope to deliver on my campaign promises and have a productive third term in this honorable Chamber. I plan to work with the Delegates-elect and some old friends. You will not be disappointed by what we will accomplish. Continue to have faith in your officeholders and most importantly, your region. The South is the best place to live, work, and serve in Atlasia. I will not let you down and I will keep fighting for you and your families each day. There is nothing we cannot do when we stand together. I plan to forge the path forward for each citizen in the South. I plan to get to work immediately this week.

Once again, your support and confidence is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Best,

Deputy Speaker Spark
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2020, 02:59:28 PM »

Congrats on winning another term!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2020, 03:02:41 PM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2020, 07:53:32 PM »

Thank you
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2020, 10:48:21 PM »

Congratulations!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2020, 11:35:12 AM »

Thank you Rep. Cao!
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2020, 11:53:29 AM »

congrats
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »

Congrats
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2020, 02:43:37 PM »

Much appreciated!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »

I appreciate that.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2020, 04:05:32 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2020, 12:56:38 PM by SeaBass »

Standing for Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates

My fellow Southerners, I wanted to inform you of one of my campaign promises. I plan to deliver on this promise by standing for speaker in the 19th Session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I urge you all to encourage the members of the Chamber to support my nomination as speaker. I have done very much work in the Chamber in the last few sessions since I became Deputy Speaker on April 28th. I've stood in (as acting speaker) during times of need such as after the resignation of former Speaker YoungTexan to keep the Chamber running. I have the necessary experience in order to effectively keep the Chamber moving and improve activity. I am a steady hand who is capable and ready to lead on day one of this new session.

The South needs clear and decisive leadership. That is what I bring to this honorable Chamber. I plan to make these positions clear during the public debate for the speakership with Delegate-elect Tmth. As Tmth knows, I have listened to his concerns regarding the Chamber and will continue to do everything I can to encourage active debate and participation on critical legislation that pertains to the Southern region. While I have great admiration and respect for Tmth, he has been out of the game for some time and my concern lies that the South will be leaderless once again. I cannot let that happen. Tmth has said he will only serve one term as Speaker, this concerns me as well. The game becomes better when stability is granted. I will never let you down and always put you all first.

I hope to have the consideration of each delegate for my nomination to the speakership.

Thank you all.

Spark

UPDATE: I have dropped my bid for leadership this session. I wish the best to those entrusted with this responsibility for the time being. I hope for the best.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2020, 10:01:57 PM »

New Bills

I have introduced the following bills for the 19th session:

Access to Early Childhood Education Act

Section 1. Title
i. The title of this act shall be the "Access to Early Childhood Education Act"
ii. The purpose of this legislation is to establish a early childhood education fund

Section 2. Definitions
i. The "early childhood education and care program fund" is created as a fund in the state treasury. The fund consists of distributions, appropriations, gifts, grants, donations.
ii. The early childhood education and care department shall administer the fund. Money in the fund is subject to appropriation by the legislature for early childhood education and care services and programs.

Section 3. Authorization
i. The fund may be utilized when a parent/guardian wishes to send their child to a preschool across the South
ii. The fund shall be utilized for school/daycare related expenses
iii. The fund shall not exceed an amount of $1 million

Healthcare Reduction Act

Section 1. Title
i. The title of this legislation shall be the Healthcare Reduction Act
ii. The purpose of this legislation is to reduce health insurance premiums for low income families and employees

Section 2.
i. The government of the South shall provide reinsurance payments of premiums to insurance providers for individuals below the poverty threshold
ii. The government of the South shall provide reinsurance payments of premiums to employees of businesses
iii. This legislation minimizes out-of-pocket costs

Improved Public Transit Act

Section 1. Title
i. The title of this act shall be the Improved Public Transit Act
ii. The purpose of this legislation is to strengthen our public railways and incentivize Southerners to walk and bike

Section 2.
i. The government of the South shall contract private entities such as non-profit organizations to repair sidewalks, roadways, and railways
ii. The contractors are subject to targets and performance measures reflecting state transportation goals and objectives. Performance measures shall also include conditions of bicycle and pedestrian facilities, accessibility and safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, and transit users on the state highway system.

I also have reintroduced the Automation bill. I do hope that these pieces of legislation will better our region.

Delegate Spark
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2020, 11:08:37 PM »

SeaBass?!
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2020, 11:51:29 AM »

Mr. President you may find this link useful for understanding what that is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_bass
Smiley
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2020, 12:54:44 PM »

Leave of Absence

My fellow Southerners, in light of RL events, I will need to take a short LOA for a few days. I have just introduced legislation this session. I believe it will be in my best interest to take time for myself.

Spark

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2020, 06:14:30 PM »

Back to Work for the South

I have returned from my brief LOA to create yet another term of prosperity for the South. I have recently commented on the Southern Budget Update, Gas Tax, and Schools Reopening.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2020, 08:14:47 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2020, 08:21:52 PM by SeaBass »

Declared for House

Hello my fellow Southerners, I have just declared what will be my 3rd bid for House of Representatives. My highest priority remains serving you, my fellow citizens of the South. We will get much accomplished this term and I already have a few bills in the queue. I will not stop working for you all!

Thank you for your support.

Delegate Spark
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2020, 09:49:24 PM »

Declared for House

Hello my fellow Southerners, I have just declared what will be my 3rd bid for House of Representatives. My highest priority remains serving you, my fellow citizens of the South. We will get much accomplished this term and I already have a few bills in the queue. I will not stop working for you all!

Delegate Spark

Endorsed!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2020, 12:00:01 AM »

Declared for House

Delegate Spark

Endorsed!

Means a lot!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2020, 12:05:41 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2020, 12:40:15 AM by #JokeMala »

Future in Southern CoD

My fellow Southerners, I come before you today being elected as a Representative to our nation's lower House. I have tremendously enjoyed serving the best region in Atlasia and will always be extremely humbled by your support. During my time as delegate and Deputy Speaker in the South, I was able to reach consensus with multiple Governors and fellow Delegates, and introduced insightful legislation that made positive changes to the South. From social issues, to crime, to healthcare and education, I believe that I stood by my principles each step of the way all while taking your perspectives into account. I legislated because I care about this region and its people. I legislated because I knew people were struggling and I wanted to change that. We made the South better.

I will need to resign my seat in the CoD effective September 3rd at midnight EST due to my election. But don't worry Southerners, I plan to be back again in the future!

Thank you.

Best,

Delegate Spark
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies