Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:04:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!  (Read 3542 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2020, 06:18:04 PM »
« edited: September 06, 2020, 12:04:39 PM by Rep. Spark »

Office of Southern Delegate Spark

Southern Delegate Spark498 (F-FL)

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Welcome Southern citizens! This will serve as my office. I plan to be most active on weekends to vote, research, and introduce bills.

I plan to post a list to legislation I've proposed/sponsored. You may also leave questions/concerns down below.

Legislation

17th Session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates
Regional Sport Act (Passed)

Restructured Employment For Miners Act
(Passed)

Tenant Protection Act
(Passed)

Youth Risk Prevention Act
(Passed)

Community Empowerment Act
(Passed)

Affordable Transit Act (Passed)

18th Session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates
Ethanol Incentive and Infrastructure Act (Tabled)

Daylight Savings Time Amendment 2.0 - Sponsor (Passed)

Juvenile Justice Transitory Act - Sponsor (Passed)

Autonomous Technology Regulation Act (Tabled)

19th Session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates

Access to Early Childhood Education Act - Sponsor (Passed)

Healthcare Reduction Act - Sponsor (Passed)

Improved Public Transit Act - Sponsor (Passed)

Autonomous Technology Regulation Act - Reintroduced as Sponsor (Passed)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 11:01:02 PM »

Issues

Hello my fellow Southerners! Please let me know if you have any concerns, comments, or questions! I am considering holding a town hall soon.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:19:37 AM »

Activity Levels + Re-election Campaign

Hello my fellow Southerners,

I wanted to share a few priorities with you and some things I have been doing in the Chamber this session. As promised, I've already proposed five bills related to mining, education, and housing. These priorities are important to me because the South deserves quality legislation. The activity level by the leadership of the Southern chamber has been less than optimal this session. This is the reason I would encourage our leadership to become more active or to step down from the roles. Out of the fairness to the Southern people, they deserve activity and to have their needs and interests adequately accounted for in a timely manner.

As for my future in the Chamber, I plan to run for re-election in April. I hope to gain your support as we continue to address important priorities for the South. I will begin campaigning again around our wonderful region at some point next week.

If you have any questions or recommendations for bills please don't hesitate to leave them below or PM me. I look forward to continue working for the South and all of our people!

Thanks.

Best,

Delegate Spark
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »

Endorsed for reelection! Let Sparks fly in the South!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 10:47:08 AM »

Endorsed for reelection! Let Sparks fly in the South!

Thank you Senator LT. Much appreciated.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 10:51:59 AM »

Statement on EO by Southern Governor

I commend the Southern Governor for recognizing the importance of recovery in our region after the horrible tornadoes in Tennessee. We stand with the people of Tennessee and hope to do whatever we can to ease the burden of this natural disaster.

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 01:01:57 PM »

Opposition to Free Kansas Amendment

Hello my fellow Southerners, I wanted to speak with you today regarding the state of Kansas. I will be advocating against this amendment that is currently under consideration in Fremont to incorporate Kansas into the Commonwealth of Fremont. Kansas is a pivotal and critically important state in our region and should remain as part of the South.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2020, 10:57:25 PM by Southern Delegate Spark »

Motion of No Confidence Regarding the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber

Hi my fellow Southerners. I wanted to provide you reasoning for why I introduced a motion of no confidence for-cause in relation to the leadership of the Southern Chamber. While I do have immense respect for Tim (of whom I served with as Deputy in 2018), and PragmaticPopulist, who are both devoted public servants, this level of inactivity is insufficient for the South. I am certainly not perfect, and have had a history of this occurring myself, but I have changed my ways. I have proven to be an active delegate this session and am committed to accomplishing priorities for the Southern people. The leadership have seemed to have disappeared during this time of crisis in our nation, and we have to ensure that we have a continuity of government operations. I have been in close contact with our Governor, WestMidlander, who has done very much in supporting this region thus far.

I hope to gain the support of my fellow delegates to assume a leadership responsibility if that scenario does arrive on Sunday.

Once again, this is nothing personal against Tim or PragPop. It is understandable that unforeseen events do occur, but we need to accept responsibility in being more active or taking a LOA. If we cannot fulfill the responsibilities of our positions, we should step down and let someone else fulfill them. I am ready to do that in case that situation arises. I will not stop fighting for the South.

The campaign events will proceed on Saturday, 3/14 with the proper precautions.

Thank you all.

Best,

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 06:30:07 PM »

Goal of Activity and Bills Introduced

I wanted to inform you all that I have met my campaign promise of introducing five bills this session and will not stop there. I plan to introduce some more quality legislation and respond to any exigencies that may arise.

As for IRL updates, my classes have been cancelled for a number of weeks.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 11:36:49 AM »

Future of the South and Activity of Chamber Leadership

Hi my fellow citizens, I am ready to reach a compromise with Speaker Tim in order for activity to increase for the remainder of this session.

We all have your best interests in mind.

Thank you.

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 07:23:24 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2020, 10:56:33 PM by Southern Delegate Spark »

Updates on Activity Level in Chamber

Hi all, it is my formal recommendation that if PragmaticPopulist cannot fulfill the role of Deputy Speaker that he step down immediately. Actions have spoken louder than words this session, and he has not been active. This has been detrimental to the region.

If anything else other than putting the region first is decided upon, Prag will need to face the voters via a recall election.

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »

Recall Petition

I have started a recall petition for PragmaticPopulist for failing to conduct duties effectively this session.

I encourage fellow citizens to consider signing in the best interest of the South.

It may be found here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=364365.msg7237169#msg7237169

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 01:05:56 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2020, 01:12:48 PM by Southern Delegate Spark »

Compromise for the South

I have encouraged activity on the part of the Southern Chamber leadership this session and helped them to understand their responsibility and duty to the Southern citizenry. I have reached a compromise with Deputy Speaker PragmaticPopulist that he will not be seeking nomination again for his post in the subsequent session. I am keeping him to his word, and if he fails to be active for the rest of the session there will be consequences. As a result of these events, I am moving to withdraw the motion of no confidence in its entirety as well as the recall petition.

I thank both the Speaker and Deputy Speaker for their time and that they pledge to be more active for the duration of this current session. I hope to get much accomplished for our region and its people. I do not want this turn of events to distract from those priorities.

Thank you all.

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 01:23:06 PM »

Campaign Office

I have moved my re-election campaign to a seperate office. Please keep update to date and follow my events!

Thank you.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=364378.0
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 09:41:37 PM »

Executive Order #007

I am declaring schools in the Southern region closed through April 17, 2020. I encourage state and local authorities to close schools for longer, including through the rest of the school year, where they deem necessary. I am not mandating a closure order for a longer period of time to accommodate for parts of the Southern region where the crisis is not as severe.

I encourage my fellow Southerners to not hoard vital supplies including masks and to follow item limitations in-use now by some stores. All bars, theaters, and other non-essential businesses are closed effective tomorrow at noon.

I am declaring a stay-in-place order for the Southern region. Residents of the Southern region should not go to work unless working in vital industries such as food service or at grocery stores, gas stations, or pharmacies. Additionally, plumbers, construction workers, and electricians will be allowed to continue working. Childcare services are urged to stay open as well and will be allowed to do so.

I am continuing to urge social distancing and recommend a self-quarantine of all senior citizens in the Southern region, particularly in nursing homes.

At this time, I am declaring a recommendation that all events of ten or more people be canceled or virtually hosted.

I support the Governor's EO on this matter. We don't want to stretch the stockpile too thin. PPE is essential to maintaining the safety and protection of our healthcare workers on the front-lines. It is crucial that they receive the funding, equipment, and support that they need. The Governor's order in this case prevents further spread of the disease. This will flatten the curve and allow communities to be prepared.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 07:49:02 PM »

Statement on Free Kansas Amendment

My fellow Southerners, I come before you today to proudly state that I am opposed to this egregious and blatantly unconstitutional amendment. I initially was not going to speak out against it to remain on the sidelines, but my convictions for the South do not allow me to do so. This amendment threatens the balance of power between regions and has encourage each region to circumvent each other's authority. I support the lawsuit filed by former President and Governor TM against the Commonwealth of Fremont. Whether it was intended as a political statement or not, interfering with regional integrity is a dangerous and flawed idea. Nor do I support the acquisition of New Mexico from Fremont. I support the federal government maintaining the current balance of regional power. I wholeheartedly support Kansas. My hopes are that this will be put to rest soon.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 07:52:01 PM »

My fellow Southerners, I come before you today to proudly state that I am opposed to this egregious and blatantly unconstitutional amendment. I initially was not going to speak out against it to remain on the sidelines, but my convictions for the South do not allow me to do so. This amendment threatens the balance of power between regions and has encourage each region to circumvent each other's authority. I support the lawsuit filed by former President and Governor TM against the Commonwealth of Fremont. Whether it was intended as a political statement or not, interfering with regional integrity is a dangerous and flawed idea. Nor do I support the acquisition of New Mexico from Fremont. I support the federal government maintaining the current balance of regional power. I wholeheartedly support Kansas. My hopes are that this will be put to rest soon.
I would like to express my total and complete agreement with my Colluegue (darn, I never remember how to spell that word correctly).
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 07:54:02 PM »

I would like to express my total and complete agreement with my Colluegue (darn, I never remember how to spell that word correctly).

Thank you Mr. Speaker, glad we are in agreement on this matter. And I believe it is colleague.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 09:11:12 PM »

Ethanol Incentive and Infrastructure Act

I have just introduced this bill to help our farmers and motor fuel outlets!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 01:23:30 PM »

Ethanol Incentive and Infrastructure Act

I have just introduced this bill to help our farmers and motor fuel outlets!
best of luck in passing this bill when it reaches the floor!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 12:07:21 PM »

Chamber Leadership Elections

My fellow Southerners, I am proud to announce that I have been elected as Deputy Speaker for this honorable Chamber once again. I am eager to serve alongside your Speaker, YoungTexan to pass many needed initiatives for the South. I hope to serve in this capacity to the best of my ability and allow the necessary reforms to be implemented.

Deputy Speaker Spark
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 03:28:42 PM »

Ay! Said notion prods the inner reservoirs of vicious want of self-improvement.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 03:44:11 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2020, 03:53:05 PM by Majestic Kim Yo Jong »

Ay! Said notion prods the inner reservoirs of vicious want of self-improvement.

Hi, good to hear it. I am much improved, there is still work to be done.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2020, 02:38:51 PM »

IRL Activities

My fellow Southerners, I feel that you have an obligation to know what is transpiring IRL. As you know Speaker YT took a LOA for finals, I am also taking finals as well. I graduate from college on May 9th. I plan to do my best to remain active during this time. If I need to take an official leave of absence, Delegate Reagente as Dean of the Chamber shall preside.

Thank you for your understanding during this period. I hope to accomplish very much for the South and am putting you all first!

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2020, 09:29:34 AM »

Stepping in for Chamber

Hello my fellow Southerners, I am helping to ensure that the Chamber's activity remains ideal while Speaker YT is away. Everything will run smoothly. I hope to think of some new bill ideas soon. Stay healthy, and stay home.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies