World's Worst Cat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  World's Worst Cat
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: World's Worst Cat  (Read 136 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2020, 10:08:52 PM »
« edited: January 25, 2020, 10:12:28 PM by Meclazine »

Poor puss puss!

https://www.facebook.com/MitchellCountyAnimalRescue/posts/10156661883252341

https://www.wxyz.com/news/animal-shelter-says-worlds-worst-cat-is-up-for-adoption

"The “world's worst cat” is available for adoption — just ask the Mitchell County Animal Rescue organization in North Carolina.

The shelter about 55 miles (89 kilometers) northeast of Asheville is waiving adoption fees in the hope that someone will take the cat named Perdita off their hands."

I have had a cat once that was the most repugnant painful animal in existence, but I would not shame it on the internet.

This is defamatory to the cat's right to exist.

Existential disparagement.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 06:18:15 AM »

I'm reminded of a local establishment Cromer's P-Nuts that proudly proclaims "Guaranteed Worst in Town". The story about why they have that slogan is interesting.

In 1935, Cromer's was founded by midlands South Carolina farmer Julian D. Cromer. Shortly thereafter, Cromer's took on near legendary status when he added fresh roasted peanuts to his produce stand at the Farmers Market in depression-era Columbia. Although Cromer insisted on roasting a new batch every morning, a competitor would yell out to his customers, "Don't buy those mine are the best! Cromer's are no good." Cleverly Cromer agreed and posted his own slogan, "Guaranteed Worst in Town." Curious people soon flocked to his stand to try "the worst."

In any case I sincerely doubt Perdita cares about what we silly humans do, or the silly things we say about her. Not should you worry about shaming her. The only thing less capable of feeling shame than a cat is Donald J. Trump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies