International COVID-19 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:35:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  International COVID-19 Megathread (search mode)
Thread note
Please try to avoid posting unverified info/spreading unwarranted panic.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: International COVID-19 Megathread  (Read 449227 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 20, 2020, 06:13:50 AM »

I have seen Peru get hit very hard by the Covid virus, even worse than Brazil when scaled for size. Latin America seems even harder hit than most of the rest of the world with exceptions like India or South Africa.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 11:45:13 AM »

Iceland was doing nearly as well as NZ, yet they seem to have lost that high ground.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »

Argentina is in bad shape right now, especially considering their size.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 06:36:01 AM »

Norway and Finland look like they are barely holding on. In Canada, Quebec and Manitoba are heading towards more Covid.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 07:57:22 AM »

Ukraine is in serious trouble as a country form Covid. Their own President got it at one point too.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 11:27:37 AM »

Hard lockdown has just been announced, starting on Tuesday (until December 6).

All retail and service stores will be closed (excl. supermarkets and gas stations), all kindergartens and schools get closed (excl. for kids who have nobody at home) and there’s a general 24-hour curfew in place. People are only allowed outside for walks, sport, shopping groceries, work or to help people in need.

https://www.ft.com/content/33242eab-79c3-4b93-a266-9e3a7be6164e

Vienna today (lines of stupid people who still need shoes or clothes or gardening utilities):

The German language version of Amazon is more useful. You can’t spread Covid on their internet.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 06:42:28 AM »

Hey guys, lots of great information on here.  We really need an "opinions/discussion from unqualified people" thread for people like me so I don't derail anything productive.  Canada saw a record 7,000 cases yesterday, so we're at about the same level of infection the U.S. was during the summer.  Things are not going so well here despite all the lockdowns and mandates.  One big difference is that a lot of schools are still open, and I've noticed the last couple months that people are not taking the distancing thing so seriously.  I am of the opinion that distancing is probably more effective than mask wearing.  I can't imagine the negative impact all the Black Friday/Christmas shopping will do in places that are still open this week.  S*** is about to hit the fan.
That number is pretty scary once you scale it. People will visit their relatives over the holidays as well.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 08:05:39 AM »

Sweden at 70% of ICU capacity, new polls shows only 42% of Swedes have confidence in the authority's ability to fight the virus, 44% worry that they are not doing enough.

Currently averaging about 4800 cases per day, projected to go up to 8000 per day in December. And we're back to about 20-40 deaths per day.
Having the second worst record in the industrialized world is a serious problem.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 06:53:01 AM »

Looks like we might be entering some sort of twilight zone. Ontario now expecting 10k cases a day in late December. Record high of 1855 set today. 
Canada seems to going down a similar path to America but at a lower level.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 07:46:20 AM »

For the rest of Europe, the vaccine will only be approved after Christmas.
Where’s Canada in the vaccine approval???
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 07:50:45 AM »

Seems like Israel was already vaccinated 20% of their population, according to German news sources. If true, this would be incredible. If this continues, cases and deaths should severely drop in a few months. I'm no fan of Bibi by any means, but seems like he's actually doing a good job on this one.
They have a rather small population tbh.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 06:18:48 PM »

Why is Brazil doing so horribly these days??? Even with a President worse than Trump and the severe poverty, I didn’t think it’d ever get this bad. Hospitals are running out of oxygen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies