International COVID-19 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:59:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  International COVID-19 Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
Please try to avoid posting unverified info/spreading unwarranted panic.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 139
Author Topic: International COVID-19 Megathread  (Read 449525 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2020, 09:04:47 AM »

Two additionele cases in neighbouring municipalities other than the one i already talked about. My region in Belgium is clearly the most affected by corona
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »

My city was under lockdown for a few weeks, you could only leave the house once per two days. The lockdown is over, but a lot of businesses still can't open up again, so I'm working remotely. Around 20 cases so far, 3/4ths have already recovered, no new cases in over a week. I'm hoping things go back to normal soon but I'm grateful that the policies aimed at containing the virus to Hubei have been so successful.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2020, 10:45:50 AM »

My city was under lockdown for a few weeks, you could only leave the house once per two days. The lockdown is over, but a lot of businesses still can't open up again, so I'm working remotely. Around 20 cases so far, 3/4ths have already recovered, no new cases in over a week. I'm hoping things go back to normal soon but I'm grateful that the policies aimed at containing the virus to Hubei have been so successful.

Can you shop while leaving each 2nd day? Or how do you get your food and other stuff like cosmetics? Or dou you have everything storaged for weeks?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2020, 11:45:59 AM »

Confirmed cases in the UK up to 163.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2020, 11:58:50 AM »

Holy sh**t, why the sudden daily spikes in the UK? It was relatively calm there just a while ago.
Omega21

« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2020, 12:00:54 PM »

Serbia:

After meeting the Serbian president, child Pneumologist stated the following during a Govt press conference regarding the coronavirus.

Women ... Estrogens definitely protect women, they have milder forms and don't die from this virus. So, women, you are free to go shopping in Italy, because I hear there will be big discounts there because no one alive will go there now. Just prepare your husbands for that mentally.

The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2020, 12:19:12 PM »

Can you shop while leaving each 2nd day? Or how do you get your food and other stuff like cosmetics? Or dou you have everything storaged for weeks?

Yeah, shopping was the main thing, there were no public gatherings and most public places were closed off, so all there was to do was shop. The stores have been pretty well stocked with everything but masks during this time.

Right now, you can come and go as you please, but there's still a security guard at the apartment building (the one at my building is a young guy who I smoke with and talk to a lot), but there's still nothing to do. I am just ordering for restaurant delivery twice a day because being at home all the time is kinda draining and makes me not feel like cooking. So I have new food to try, and that's at least something to be excited about in the morning.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2020, 02:15:57 PM »

Another big hike in Germany, now at 670. Still zero deaths.

Worldwide over 100,000 now, with 42,000 infected at this point (55,000 have fully recovered). However, only yesterday, it was 39,000 current cases.

Two additionele cases in neighbouring municipalities other than the one i already talked about. My region in Belgium is clearly the most affected by corona

Stay safe, avoid crowds where possible and wash hands. Especially before you touch your face, which people do quite often without noticing.

My employer has now cancelled some business trips for a number of people (fortunately I'm not required to travel); one woman from our finance department has been sent home to work from there for two weeks, after a colleague of her husband has been tested positive. The spouse has not been tested because he wasn't in close contact with the said person.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2020, 02:32:53 PM »

Holy sh**t, why the sudden daily spikes in the UK? It was relatively calm there just a while ago.

Viruses spread very quickly and, of course, cases are being looked for.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2020, 02:52:53 PM »

Yesterday was first case of coronavirus in Moscow, man from Italy. Today another 4 and 1 in Nizhniy Novgorod; seems like epidemic finally has arrived to our backwoods.

Also 2 cases in Ukraine and 6 in Belorussia
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2020, 03:04:20 PM »

Yesterday was first case of coronavirus in Moscow, man from Italy. Today another 4 and 1 in Nizhniy Novgorod; seems like epidemic finally has arrived to our backwoods.

I don't believe Russian numbers are remotely accurate. They share a long border with China and have close economic ties.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2020, 03:14:59 PM »

Viruses spread very quickly and, of course, cases are being looked for.

Do you think that it's going towards a Germany\France\Spain level or is Britain still safer?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2020, 05:20:53 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2020, 05:28:05 PM by Trump/Blagojevich 2020 »

4,636 confirmed infections and 197 deaths in Italy. Now second-highest official coronavirus death toll worldwide (although unofficially Iran is probably higher).
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2020, 06:09:04 PM »

689 cases in Germany.

358 in NRW. Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria tied with 116 each. Then comes a huge gap and eventually Berlin, Lower Saxony, and Hesse with 19, 18, and 17 confirmed cases respectively.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2020, 11:33:43 PM »

Do you think that it's going towards a Germany\France\Spain level or is Britain still safer?

Everywhere in the world that doesn't declare an all-out Chinese style total war to stop the spread is going toward a Germany\France\Spain level and well beyond.

The West in general, and especially the USA, is being painfully slow to react.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2020, 02:57:27 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2020, 08:15:45 AM by kelestian »

I don't believe Russian numbers are remotely accurate. They share a long border with China and have close economic ties.

Border with China was closed long time ago.

I'm suspicious of official count, but in Central Asian states weren't many cases either, so maybe number is true. Also border Chinese provinces - Xinjiang and Heilongjiang - weren't damaged by virus as much as Southern provinces.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2020, 05:35:16 AM »

Everywhere in the world that doesn't declare an all-out Chinese style total war to stop the spread is going toward a Germany\France\Spain level and well beyond.

The West in general, and especially the USA, is being painfully slow to react.

Trump being Trump over this, I see.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2020, 10:31:42 AM »

Nicola Zingaretti, leader of the Democratic Party (PD) in Italy, has been tested positive on the coronavirus.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »

Reuters: Around 70 people trapped as hotel used for quarantine collapses in China

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - About 70 people were trapped in a collapsed hotel in the city of Quanzhou, in southeastern Fujian Province, the city government said on its website.

The collapsed hotel is used for coronavirus quarantine, according to the official People’s Daily.

The building collapsed at around 7:30 p.m., and by 9 p.m., 23 people had been rescued, the city government said.

No reason for the collapse was given.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2020, 11:07:25 AM »

Germany: 782 confirmed infections
- NRW: 377
- Baden-Württemberg: 170
- Bavaria: 117
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »

Germany: 782 confirmed infections
- NRW: 377
- Baden-Württemberg: 170
- Bavaria: 117

My prediction was we're going to hit 1,000 by Monday.

France is always close to Germany, now at 653.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2020, 02:40:29 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2020, 02:51:58 PM by 👁️👁️ »

Apparently Italy is going full Hubei. Good. Much of the rest of the world should follow suit. It will be easier to slow down now than if we dilly-daddle for another few weeks until things get worse. Epidemics do not get better on their own. --- correction, actually they do get better on their own... after a large % of the population has been infected...

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2020, 03:12:44 PM »

Reuters: Around 70 people trapped as hotel used for quarantine collapses in China

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - About 70 people were trapped in a collapsed hotel in the city of Quanzhou, in southeastern Fujian Province, the city government said on its website.

The collapsed hotel is used for coronavirus quarantine, according to the official People’s Daily.

The building collapsed at around 7:30 p.m., and by 9 p.m., 23 people had been rescued, the city government said.

No reason for the collapse was given.
Would now be a bad time for a “made-in-China” joke?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »

Apparently Italy is going full Hubei. Good. Much of the rest of the world should follow suit. It will be easier to slow down now than if we dilly-daddle for another few weeks until things get worse. Epidemics do not get better on their own. --- correction, actually they do get better on their own... after a large % of the population has been infected...

This is how we can beat the virus! It worked in China. Sadly, just like China, Italy took too long to do this. Still it is better than nothing. Let’s hope other countries take suit and remove any leaders who don’t by any means necessary.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2020, 03:29:40 PM »

UK confirmed cases up to 206. Reports of panic buying toilet rolls etc in some places.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 139  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies