A Campaign which will Shape a New Decade- A 2020 Election Prediction Mini TL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:01:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Campaign which will Shape a New Decade- A 2020 Election Prediction Mini TL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: A Campaign which will Shape a New Decade- A 2020 Election Prediction Mini TL  (Read 8914 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2020, 01:20:25 AM »

For anybody who is curious, this would be the results if Biden lost every state he won by less than ten

Pretty much what people consider a ceiling trump win

now here is if Biden won every state he lost by less than ten

Pretty much also the standard ceiling for democrats

was that on purpose or did it turn out that way by conincidence
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2020, 01:39:51 AM »

^^Well competitive races basically mean only states that can be won in a best-case scenario or lost in a worst-case scenario are decided by less than 10 points.

Now Virginia/Colorado can vote for a Dem by double digits but I doubt it would in a competitive race, and same with Texas/Ohio on the Republican side it wouldn't in a competitive race.

Now Oregon could be decided by less than 10 points but that would take a Trump EV win , and IN/MO could be decided by less than 10 points but again that would take a solid Dem win , probably even an 2008 style victory.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2020, 12:42:12 PM »

Buttigieg had better get some kind of role.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2020, 05:27:18 PM »

President-Elect Biden Names Foreign Policy Team:

Secretary of State: Former UN Ambassador Samantha Power

Secretary of Defense: Former Florida Senator Bill Nelson

National Security Advisor: Former Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken

UN Ambassador: Former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Buttigieg

BigVic
Australia

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2020, 06:46:03 PM »

DNC Chair Tom Perez to head transition team for President-Elect Biden and will become his Chief of Staff once he takes office

Head of Transition team and Chief of Staff: DNC Chair Tom Perez

Tapper: These choices is no surprise and was widely expected , but now the question becomes who will be the new DNC Chair as since there will be a Democrat in the White, President-Elect Biden will get to pick. Some names we are hearing as part of that short list are: Stacey Abrams, Beto O'Rourke, Andrew Cuomo , Eric Garcetti, and Richard Cordray .

Former President Obama announces he will not accept any Cabinet Role and reiterates he has retired from politics.

Lemon: I know you have said no to this question in the past, but given your popularity all around the world and given how many of our relationships with our allies has gone down over the past few years would you accept say a role as Secretary of State and before you say anything let me finish.

Obama: No Don, I would not as I have given Michelle a promise that after I left office I would retire from politics officially and I fully intend to keep that promise. Besides, there are tons of people who are qualified for the job and would do a great job as Secretary of State so I dont see the need for me to come back into politics .

Lemon: Will you still advise the President-Elect

Obama: Of course, but only privately and not in any official role

President-Elect Biden meets President Trump in transition meeting:

Trump: I just had a fantastic conversation with President-Elect Biden and I look forward to working with him over the next few weeks to make sure their is a proper and smooth transition because while I am was not happy of the results of the election , a huge part caused by the fake news media, I care about America First so I will do my best to ensure a smooth transition.

Biden: It was good meeting the President and his team to talk about ways we can make this transtion period as smooth as possible and I look forward to working with him over the next few weeks to make sure we have a smooth transition.

Trump: Thank You

I hope Trump behaves like this should he lose despite different views.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2020, 06:51:04 PM »

DNC Chair Tom Perez to head transition team for President-Elect Biden and will become his Chief of Staff once he takes office

Tapper: These choices is no surprise and was widely expected , but now the question becomes who will be the new DNC Chair as since there will be a Democrat in the White, President-Elect Biden will get to pick. Some names we are hearing as part of that short list are: Stacey Abrams, Beto O'Rourke, Andrew Cuomo , Eric Garcetti, and Richard Cordray .

Former President Obama announces he will not accept any Cabinet Role and reiterates he has retired from politics.

Lemon: I know you have said no to this question in the past, but given your popularity all around the world and given how many of our relationships with our allies has gone down over the past few years would you accept say a role as Secretary of State and before you say anything let me finish.

Obama: No Don, I would not as I have given Michelle a promise that after I left office I would retire from politics officially and I fully intend to keep that promise. Besides, there are tons of people who are qualified for the job and would do a great job as Secretary of State so I dont see the need for me to come back into politics .

Trump: I just had a fantastic conversation with President-Elect Biden and I look forward to working with him over the next few weeks to make sure their is a proper and smooth transition because while I am was not happy of the results of the election , a huge part caused by the fake news media, I care about America First so I will do my best to ensure a smooth transition.

Biden: It was good meeting the President and his team to talk about ways we can make this transtion period as smooth as possible and I look forward to working with him over the next few weeks to make sure we have a smooth transition.

I think Trump will behave like this if he loses the tipping point state is beyond a half a percentage point. Otherwise he probably tries to drag it out by trying to file for recounts and if they are denied , he will try to fight those in the courts.

Otherwise I believe he will concede then just blame the media non stop for rigging the election against him like he is basically doing here.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2020, 10:51:50 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2020, 12:57:25 AM by Old School Republican »

President-Elect Biden Names Economic Team:

Secretary of Treasury: Federal Reserve Board of Governors Member Lael Bainard

Secretary of Commerce: Utah Senator Mitt Romney

Secretary of Labor:Former Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Richard Cordray

Director of Office Management and Budget: Representative Seth Moulton

Director of National Economic Council: Economist Heather Boushey

King: We were told that the President-Elect original choice for the commerce role was Michael Bloomberg, but Bloomberg declined. He also considered John Kasich but Kasich too declined, then after a meeting with Senator Romney, he offered him the Secretary of Commerce Job. I want to let people know that President Obama too nominated a Republican for the job originally but some things fell apart which is why he didnt have a Republican Commerce Secretary during his first term

Lastly, now that Mr.Cordray has been named the Labor Secretary he will obviously no longer be in contention for DNC Chair and we are told that Stacey Abrams declined the job too as she is interested in a Gubernatorial run in 2022. Although we are told former Montana Governor Steve Bullock now is the leading contender to be the next DNC Chair
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2020, 01:18:50 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2020, 01:23:13 AM by Old School Republican »

President-Elect Biden announces Law Enforcement/National Security Team:

Attorney General: Alabama Senator Doug Jones

Department of Homeland Security: Former Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas

CIA Director: Former Congresswomen Jane Harman

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2020, 01:52:34 AM »

President-Elect Biden names Energy/Environmental team:

Secretary of Energy: Washington Governor Jay Inslee

Secretary of Interior: Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

Secretary of Agriculture: Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Karen Ross

Director of the EPA: Former Presidential Advisor Heather Zichal

Cooper: These picks send a clear message that climate change will be a top priority of President-Elect Biden's administration and not only in contrast to President Trump but even more than former President Obama too
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2020, 02:03:31 AM »

President-Elect Biden names new Education Secretary and announces who he will be appointing to head DNC

Secretary of Education: Congresswomen Jahana Hayes

Chair of Democratic National Committee: Montana Governor Steve Bullock

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2020, 09:24:42 PM »

President-Elect Biden appoints rest of cabinet:

Secretary of Health and Human Services: Congresswomen Terri Sewell

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti

Secretary of Transportation: Businessman Robert Wolf

Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Former Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs Sloan Gibson

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2020, 04:36:14 PM »

President Trump's farewell address:

Trump: My fellow Americans, tonight will be the last time I will be addressing you as your President and I want to thank you for the great honor you gave me of serving you the people as your President. 4 years ago our nation was in deep trouble: with our economy growing at an extremely small rate , wages being lower then they were a decade ago, China and nations around the world laughing us as they ripped us off in trade, radical Islamists growing in power and illegal immigration being out of control. Today our economy is better than it ever has been in our history, wages have grown at historic speeds over the past 4 years, radical islamists have been destroyed , illegal immigration problem no longer being problem and we are winning on trade again.

4 years ago our campaign promised we would make America great again , well not only have we done that but we have made America greater than we ever despite record obstructionism from the Democrats with the Russia Hoax and Impeachment, the dishonest media spouting fake news every day for 4 years and guess what they did succeed but they didnt stop me from winning for the people I promised I would win for. I became President not to win a second term but make America great Again and we succeeded so the fact is in reality they failed because we did win where it matters.

Decades from now historians will consider our administration the greatest administration since World War II with the possible exception of the great Ronald Reagan and once they take into account the type of dishonest media attacks we faced, we will be considered the best administration since Lincoln . We did great things and the people who worked for this administration will continue to great things in the future.

Thank You May God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2020, 11:11:10 PM »

That does mark the end of this mini TL , though if someone wants to cowrite this TL with me(PM me if you are interested)  I would be willing to continue it
538Electoral

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2020, 11:53:45 PM »

Fine timeline though wasn't happy how it ended.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »

Well written TL, but looks like your prediction was way off. Unless Biden makes a stunning comeback. Something I I don't see anymore.

what do you think of this now
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2020, 03:23:02 PM »

I think Trump will behave like this if he loses the tipping point state is beyond a half a percentage point. Otherwise he probably tries to drag it out by trying to file for recounts and if they are denied , he will try to fight those in the courts.

Otherwise I believe he will concede then just blame the media non stop for rigging the election against him like he is basically doing here.
I honestly think that President Donald Trump is going to try to use the military to launch a coup if he loses re-election even if his losing margin is substantial. I know that a lot of rank-and-file service members are strong supporters of President Donald Trump despite his utter disregard for the military, so such a coup might actually succeed.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »

Bump
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »

Not bad Smiley
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2020, 03:27:12 AM »

Difference here is Amy Klobuchar instead of Kamala Harris as running mate (no George Floyd) and Trump actually concedes and meets Biden in the WH instead of filing for lawsuits IOTL. Biden would’ve lost MN if he picked Klobuchar IRL.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2020, 03:30:05 AM »

Difference here is Amy Klobuchar instead of Kamala Harris as running mate (no George Floyd) and Trump actually concedes and meets Biden in the WH instead of filing for lawsuits IOTL. Biden would’ve lost MN if he picked Klobuchar IRL.

Also got GA and NC switched up lol
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »

Democrats Win Control of Senate as Mark Kelly wins Arizona in Senate race and Vice President Biden wins Arizona's 11 electoral votes.

Blitzer: As you know this year , the state of Arizona decided to just release the results of all its mail in ballots at once and the results after those are counted are that Vice President Joe Biden will win the state of Arizona and in the Senate , the Democrat Mark Kelly will win the seante race which means the Democrats will win control of the seante regardless of the results of the Georgia senate race due to the fact that they will control the Vice Presidency.

Final Results of Election:

Presidential:

Former Vice President Joe Biden(D-DE)/Senator Amy Klobuchar(D-MN) 305 51.5%
President Donald Trump(R-FL)/Vice President Mike Pence(R-IN) 233 47.4%

States decided by 10 points or less:

Georgia: Trump 49.8% Biden 49.5%
North Carolina: Biden 49.7% Trump 49.3%
Arizona: Biden 50.1% Trump 48.8%
Wisconsin: Biden 50.3%, Trump 48.7%(Tipping Point State)
New Hampshire: Biden 50.4%, Trump 48.5%

Florida: Trump 50.7% Biden 48.6%
Iowa: Trump 50.5%, Biden 48.3%
Pennsylvania: Biden 50.8% , Trump 48.3%
Michigan: Biden 51.1% Trump 48
Nevada: Biden 51.5%, Trump 47.2%

Minnesota: Biden 51.8% Trump 47.1%
Ohio: Trump 52.2% Biden 46.9%
Texas: Trump 52.3%, Biden 46.6%

Maine: Biden 52.6%, Trump 46.1%
Colorado: Biden 53.1% Trump 45.8%
Virginia: Biden 53.5%, Trump 45.5%

Senate:

Note: Florida on the map stands for Georgia Special Election

Democrats 50(+3)
Republicans 49(-3)
To be Decided in Runoff: 1

House of Representatives:

Democrats: 232(-3)
Republicans: 203(+4)

Gubernatorial Races

Republicans: 27(+1)
Democrats: 23(-1)

Holy shoot, This basically almost predicted what actually happened. Good job!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2021, 08:02:01 PM »

Democrats Win Control of Senate as Mark Kelly wins Arizona in Senate race and Vice President Biden wins Arizona's 11 electoral votes.

Blitzer: As you know this year , the state of Arizona decided to just release the results of all its mail in ballots at once and the results after those are counted are that Vice President Joe Biden will win the state of Arizona and in the Senate , the Democrat Mark Kelly will win the seante race which means the Democrats will win control of the seante regardless of the results of the Georgia senate race due to the fact that they will control the Vice Presidency.

Final Results of Election:

Presidential:

Former Vice President Joe Biden(D-DE)/Senator Amy Klobuchar(D-MN) 305 51.5%
President Donald Trump(R-FL)/Vice President Mike Pence(R-IN) 233 47.4%

States decided by 10 points or less:

Georgia: Trump 49.8% Biden 49.5%
North Carolina: Biden 49.7% Trump 49.3%
Arizona: Biden 50.1% Trump 48.8%
Wisconsin: Biden 50.3%, Trump 48.7%(Tipping Point State)
New Hampshire: Biden 50.4%, Trump 48.5%

Florida: Trump 50.7% Biden 48.6%
Iowa: Trump 50.5%, Biden 48.3%
Pennsylvania: Biden 50.8% , Trump 48.3%
Michigan: Biden 51.1% Trump 48
Nevada: Biden 51.5%, Trump 47.2%

Minnesota: Biden 51.8% Trump 47.1%
Ohio: Trump 52.2% Biden 46.9%
Texas: Trump 52.3%, Biden 46.6%

Maine: Biden 52.6%, Trump 46.1%
Colorado: Biden 53.1% Trump 45.8%
Virginia: Biden 53.5%, Trump 45.5%

Senate:

Note: Florida on the map stands for Georgia Special Election

Democrats 50(+3)
Republicans 49(-3)
To be Decided in Runoff: 1

House of Representatives:

Democrats: 232(-3)
Republicans: 203(+4)

Gubernatorial Races

Republicans: 27(+1)
Democrats: 23(-1)

Holy shoot, This basically almost predicted what actually happened. Good job!

thanks
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2021, 07:44:18 PM »

My guess is the electoral vote totals from 2016 are reversed as Biden flips AZ, GA, MI, NE-02, PA, and WI, therefore getting 306 EVs (with around a 5 point PV win). NC might also flip though, guessing it is held by Trump with a very narrow margin.
This is a perfect prediction
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies