Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:08:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"  (Read 9850 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2020, 11:01:12 AM »

There's also the whole civility thing. The Bernie people don't slander me on a monthly basis, and they certainly never attacked me for telling a story about being abused.

Actual thing that someone actually did on here, for the record.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2020, 11:03:19 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2020, 11:10:37 AM by Crumpets »

You may hate what she says, but if you don't recognize that there's a major contingent of the Democratic base that agrees with all of this, you will probably struggle to build any sort of major movement on the foundation of the American left-liberal coalition.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2020, 11:05:30 AM »

We still have 2/3 IA and NH, but the closer it gets to election day, the voters are uniting behind Biden, due to fact Biden is the most electable,  and Trump and the GOP only want an extended primary fight, where it goes to June, and have a damaged nominee.

Even if Biden and his son is guilty on Ukraine, the R scandals are nothing like the GOP scandals, and Trump, not Biden has been found guilty by Crts and GAO and said Trump should be indicted while he is Prez
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2020, 11:24:51 AM »

I wonder what the reaction would be if Bernie said this about Joe Biden. Does this mean we don’t have to #VoteBlueNoMatterWho anymore?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »

Glad I left that party.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2020, 11:42:10 AM »

This is very clearly bitterness and resentment and nothing else. Yes, she has the right to be upset about losing the election, but to go after a candidate who tried to help her win the GE four years later is just childish. Some of us remember clearly some of the things that Clinton said about Obama in 2008 and didn't hold it against her in the 2016 GE, so I'm not sure why people can't move on and stop living in 2016. It seems like there's a decent portion of the Democratic electorate that wants civility from anyone supporting Sanders, but to also be free to crap on Sanders and anyone who supports him. Civility, "party unity", "being a team player" works both ways, folks.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »

Not that I don't get why she speaks out (and why she absoutely has the right to do so), but one would imagine she'd be smart enough to notice the reaction to her previous attempts to criticize/attack former rivals hasn't been successful or has probably backfired.

You'd think she'd be somewhat less transparent and a bit more efficient - such as not displaying a near complete lack of self-awareness - in settling old scores.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2020, 11:42:52 AM »

That being said, I don't think Hillary appreciates how many of Bernie's supporters voted for her for the same reasons, nor does she appreciate the work Bernie did to try and garner her as much support from his base as possible. It goes without saying that he and Hillary are about as ideologically divergent as two candidates for the Democratic nomination have ever been. And he still did the work to get her elected because he saw the same conundrum I saw.

Are you kidding me? If anything, it hurt her that he didn't endorse her sooner. And indeed it did. It was insane that he stayed in the race for so long after the voting had ended & she had clearly defeated him.

If you'll recall, the Democratic convention was in July, yet Bernie waited 6 weeks (until September) to begin campaigning in stride for her, whereas, when Obama won the nomination in 2008, Hillary was out on the campaign trail for him 2-3 days later after a convention which had served as the culmination of a much more brutal primary.

So please spare us the BS about Hillary apparently not "appreciat[ing] the work Bernie did to try and garner her as much support from his base as possible."

I wonder what the reaction would be if Bernie said this about Joe Biden. Does this mean we don’t have to #VoteBlueNoMatterWho anymore?

Big difference between voting blue no matter who & being caught dead campaigning for Bernie.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2020, 11:46:38 AM »

She's so awful.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2020, 11:47:15 AM »

Clinton's criticism of Sanders not getting anything done is rich because her own legislative record was pretty thin, and her Senate seat was mostly kept warm in anticipation for a presidential run.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2020, 11:49:01 AM »

That being said, I don't think Hillary appreciates how many of Bernie's supporters voted for her for the same reasons, nor does she appreciate the work Bernie did to try and garner her as much support from his base as possible. It goes without saying that he and Hillary are about as ideologically divergent as two candidates for the Democratic nomination have ever been. And he still did the work to get her elected because he saw the same conundrum I saw.

Are you kidding me? If anything, it hurt her that he didn't endorse her sooner. And indeed it did. It was insane that he stayed in the race for so long after the voting had ended & she had clearly defeated him.

If you'll recall, the Democratic convention was in July, yet Bernie waited 6 weeks (until September) to begin campaigning in stride for her, whereas, when Obama won the nomination in 2008, Hillary was out on the campaign trail for him 2-3 days later after a convention which had served as the culmination of a much more brutal primary.

So please spare us the BS about Hillary apparently not "appreciat[ing] the work Bernie did to try and garner her as much support from his base as possible."

Some seem to remember Bernie going out and putting in real work to get Hillary elected, but maybe that's just from some partisan hack, like...-checks notes-...Rachel Maddow?

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »

Yes, she has the right to be upset about losing the election, but to go after a candidate who tried to help her win the GE four years later is just childish.
Go after the candidate who remained in the race when he had long been mathematically eliminated and refused to endorse until six weeks after the last primary contest? K.

And his rallies for her were just him hawking his book and saying "Oh yeah, Trump is bad so Hillary I guess".

Him and his supporters lied on this woman, smeared her name, acted like petulant children when he lost the nomination, even went so far as to say her primary victory was irrelevant because she was winning in the former Confederacy Roll Eyes but want delicate kid gloves in 2020 after smears against other candidates. Hell, Bernie had volunteers going to the doors with negative talking points about Biden, Warren, and Pete.

How in the hell does Bernie and his sycophants continue to play the victim?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »

Imagine the reaction if Sanders refused to commit to support the nominee in 2020.

Anyway, this is just going to fire up the Bernie people right before Iowa and New Hampshire. Probably not a smart move on her part if she actually wants him to lose.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »

The constant Bernie bashing by the usual suspects is getting beyond tiresome. No Bernie staying in til June did not cost Hillary the election, the 2008 primary was 1,000 times more nasty than 2016, and anyone who has been giving Bernie crap for what his supporters say (you notice it’s never actually him) but are going “yes queen” here is a massive hypocrite
Epaminondas

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2020, 11:58:56 AM »

Who actually still listens to Hillary's opinion?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2020, 11:59:33 AM »

Some seem to remember Bernie going out and putting in real work to get Hillary elected, but maybe that's just from some partisan hack, like...-checks notes-...Rachel Maddow?

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1219636649648410624

That's irrelevant in regards to him not having done as much for her as she did for Obama, especially when her primary against Obama had been much more contentious.

Please stop trying to make it seem as if Bernie campaigned more for Hillary in 2016 than he actually did, because the facts are clear: the primary was effectively over on March 15th, Bernie kept campaigning against Hillary for at least another 3 months, & then promptly vanished for almost 2 months after the convention. It's as simple as that; he could've done much more, & didn't.

Really, Bernie could've been far more cognizant of the fact that either the U.S. was getting Hillary or the s*itstorm clusterf**k trainwreck that Jon Stewart so eloquently named F**kface von Clownstick. Unlike how Hillary went all out to help Obama & avoid McCain (who obviously would've been 100x better than Trump ever could be), he really didn't act like he wanted to go all out to avoid that.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2020, 12:07:36 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2020, 12:12:01 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

Quote from: Hillary Clinton
Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done.  He was a career politician. It’s all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it.

Which part of this are you guys saying is a lie?  Aren't you supposed to be proud that nobody likes him?  Isn't it supposed to be a plus that nobody wants to work with him?  Isn't the reason you guys have to go around calling him the "Amendment King" precisely because he didn't get anything done?

I mean can you tell me which congressman was his best friend in the House?  Which senator was his best friend in the Senate?  Even now, Bernie doesn't have any friends in the Senate -- just a handful of representatives like Ro Khanna who are using his movement to bolster their own careers.

I mean don't take it from me, take it from Barney Frank, author of Dodd-Frank, the kind of substantive Wall Street regulations bill that Bernie couldn't write in his wildest dreams:

“He screams and hollers,” Rep. Joe Moakley (D-Mass.) said… “but he is all alone…” Said Rep. Barney Frank, in ’91: “Bernie alienates his natural allies. His holier-than-thou attitude — saying in a very loud voice he is smarter than everyone else and purer than everyone else — really undercuts his effectiveness.”

has any of this changed in the last 30 years?  Has he become any less holier-than-thou?  Is he not still walking around saying he's smarter and purer than everyone else?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2020, 12:10:31 PM »

On the subject of Bernie "campaigning" for Hillary, there aren't many videos of it on YouTube, but I managed to find one.  Bernie starts at around the 40 minute mark.  You can watch for yourself and see just how valuable his "campaigning" for her was, how "devoted" he was, how much he prioritized helping her get elected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sxy5Plw9yQ

For instance, here's a direct quote from the video:

In America today, we have millions of working people, working for wages that are too damn low.  You can do the arithmetic as well as I can, and figure out that if someone is making the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, that person can not make it economically.  Not at 7.25, not at 9, not at 10 bucks an hour.  What Secretary Clinton knows, what you know, and what I know, and what Donald Trump does not know, is that we have got to raise the minimum wage to a living wage.  In my view, that minimum wage should be 15 dollars an hour.  And that is what the Democratic platform calls for.

Wow, such a ringing endorsement.  "Hillary Clinton agrees with me that the minimum wage should be higher.  Of course, I think it should be $15, but grumble grumble whatever"
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2020, 12:10:59 PM »

Every losing candidate has made comments after losing an election. In Al Gore's case, who also won the NPV, it was welcomed. Why the double standard? Why is she supposed to stay silent? Isn't HRC entitled to voice her opinions?

The difference is Al Gore was far better at holding himself accountable for that loss than she is with hers, Gore never blamed Bill Bradley or even Nader for his loss like she does with Bernie, and Nader actually did have a hand in Gore's loss IMHO.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2020, 12:12:34 PM »

She really is a nasty woman . Popcorn please. Dems just can't get it together.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »

It's clear that Hillary never got over the 2016 loss after pursuing the presidency for such a long time, which must be pretty traumatic for her. Anyway, she's welcome to criticise Sanders all she wants now, it doesn't matter since the voters are already pretty much set in and she's just a private citizen.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2020, 12:19:04 PM »

I get her point, but it is VERY unwise to say things like this. We all have to rally around the nominee, and it could be him.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »

Yes, she has the right to be upset about losing the election, but to go after a candidate who tried to help her win the GE four years later is just childish.
Go after the candidate who remained in the race when he had long been mathematically eliminated and refused to endorse until six weeks after the last primary contest? K.

And his rallies for her were just him hawking his book and saying "Oh yeah, Trump is bad so Hillary I guess".

Him and his supporters lied on this woman, smeared her name, acted like petulant children when he lost the nomination, even went so far as to say her primary victory was irrelevant because she was winning in the former Confederacy Roll Eyes but want delicate kid gloves in 2020 after smears against other candidates. Hell, Bernie had volunteers going to the doors with negative talking points about Biden, Warren, and Pete.

How in the hell does Bernie and his sycophants continue to play the victim?

Yes, I told so many lies about Clinton, acted like a petulant child (totally didn't endorse her the day the primary ended), and have said that her primary victory was irrelevant. Maybe try not painting everyone who has ever supported Sanders with broad strokes if you want people to take you seriously. I certainly didn't judge Clinton or all of her supporters based on the 2008 video of some of her supporters from West Virginia.

Clearly Sanders was just pushing his book when he described Clinton as the "only logical choice", praising her on climate change among other issues. Let's also not act like some won't say "Trump is bad so Sanders I guess" if he wins the nomination.

It's true that Sanders could've dropped out sooner and endorsed her sooner, but the fact of the matter is, he did, and did dozens of events for her. The 2016 primary is over, and if we want to win this year we have to move on and not have the same attitude. If you're going to say that Sanders needs to do more to win over black voters, that's a fair point. If you're going to say that it's fine for anyone to attack Sanders (but not for him to attack other candidates) because 2016, I don't know what to say.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2020, 12:23:28 PM »

The Bernie Bros don't seem to realize that like 70+% of the party still likes Hillary.  They're all trapped in their MAGA/Rose Twitter world where the Democratic Party is evil, Hillary is horrible, everyone hates her.  And they've become detached from the real world, where people still like her and care what she has to say.

That was the fun thing about her attacking Gabbard.  All the folks who like Gabbard* were so sure that this was a big victory for them.  "Nobody likes Hillary!  We want her to hate us!  She's a loser and she was wrong about everything!"  In reality, not only do Democrats like Hillary and listen to her, but the fight exposed the Gabbardites for what they are -- basically contrarians soaked in Russian propaganda and the worldview of the MAGA cult.

Then there are also people like my family, who never really cared much for Hillary but feel sorry for her and that the election was unfairly ripped away from her.  They certainly don't like to see the "Hillary is a loser!  Everyone hates her!  Shut the f**k up, bitch!" kind of language that Scott and friends are using in that other thread.  And they'll see that it's entirely Bernie Bros saying these kinds of things and think "I don't want to be associated with those hateful people."

*as we saw in the "rank candidates" thread, it's only Bernie supporters who like Gabbard, and 95% of other posters had her ranked as the worst candidate
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2020, 12:25:47 PM »

What a sad, pathetic human being. Of course this carpet bagger accusing anyone else of being a career politician is hilarious. And for legislation? What did she try to get done besides trying to ban flag burning, already campaigning for the "patriot" vote as early as 2005? Oh that's right, she tried to ban video games, needed to get those 1996 "soccer moms" that helped reelect her husband on board. Dick Morris taught her well. Bernie may not be liked in Washington, but outside of the YAS QUEEN bubble in social media (and more pathetically the actual media) almost no one likes Hillary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies