What's the Atlas bubble's biggest blind spot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:35:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's the Atlas bubble's biggest blind spot?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What's the Atlas bubble's biggest blind spot?  (Read 1381 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2020, 09:40:08 AM »

On a more serious note, I'd argue that the biggest Atlas blindspot is that folks here [all of us, myself included] sometimes forget when we're mad or just even annoyed with another poster forget that we're talking with another human being and not just an emotionless bot. [...]

True, but as you alluded to, that is definitely an general internet blindspot and not Atlas-specific. Also compounded by the fact that because everything is anonymous, there are no real consequences.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »

Generally, failing to understand voters' reasoning and motives.  Most voters really don't think about politics except when they're tuning into the debates or casting their ballots; most just want to grill for God's sake.

This is probably the most on-point analysis of political normies I've seen here:
If Trump doesnt open up Sports stadiums and Schools and bars, aside from clothing stores and restaurants,  Trump is destined to lose.

Voters care about sports, bars and schools the most

Never underestimate how stupid and uniformed the average voter is. The average voter could not even point out Canada or Mexico on a map, name 1 Supreme Court Justice, the Speaker of the House, or the Senate Leader.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies