Any Writers Out There?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:16:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Any Writers Out There?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any Writers Out There?  (Read 345 times)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2020, 01:38:52 PM »

So this was a random thought I had, but one that interested me. Anyone else out there with a deep vested interest in writing? Maybe working on their own literary projects? If so, and given our community's general propensity toward bouts of procrastination and writer's block, I figured a thread like this might be good for writer-to-writer support, encouragement, and feedback.

In my case: I'm working on a trilogy of novels I generally call Only Darkness. I've mentioned it a couple of times, but it's a science fiction series centered around an intergalactic revolutionary war that breaks out over the discovery of a good, old-fashioned, CIA-style military coverup. I'm twenty pages in and have been stuck at that number for a while, but I'm hoping to knock the entire first book out this year. Maybe even the second, too, if my brainpower holds up!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 01:39:40 PM »

I have a few projects that I think are solid conceptually, but I've been too lazy to do much with them.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 01:40:47 PM »

I have a few project, but I've been too lazy to do much with them.

That's me with the overwhelming majority of the ideas I think might actually be good. My creative outlets here lately have been my novels, two fanfiction (yes, I know), and D&D (YES, I KNOW).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 01:45:54 PM »

That's me with the overwhelming majority of the ideas I think might actually be good. My creative outlets here lately have been my novels, two fanfiction (yes, I know), and D&D (YES, I KNOW).

I have a published fanfic! It's been pretty well received. It's the only writing project I've been able to finish so far, though.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »

I have a published fanfic! It's been pretty well received. It's the only writing project I've been able to finish so far, though.

Ooo, I'd be interested in that. What fandom is it for? Cheesy My two are a Star Wars fic, based around the concept of making the sequels post-TFA make sense, and one for Telltale's The Walking Dead, based around the concept of making Season 2 of that game less absurd and morally-disgusting.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 03:24:36 PM »

Ooo, I'd be interested in that. What fandom is it for? Cheesy My two are a Star Wars fic, based around the concept of making the sequels post-TFA make sense, and one for Telltale's The Walking Dead, based around the concept of making Season 2 of that game less absurd and morally-disgusting.

I have one going for Game of Thrones. I was new to writing when I started it and made a lot of mistakes early, but ihave definitely matured and since I'm in the latter half of season 2, it's in my home ground: medieval warfare.

After I saw The Godfather for the first time when I was 18, I tried writin a mafia book, but abandoned. Having seen The Irishman, I might try it again.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 06:36:17 PM »

First wrote some short stories in my youth, at 16 or something.

Currently participating in a writing circle which meets every two weeks. First went there about a year ago. Going there because otherwise I wouldn't write much due to blockade/laziness/procrastination.

Current goal: Participate in a poetry slam sometime this year.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 12:21:53 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2020, 01:20:43 AM by I Beg to Dream and Differ »

I have one going for Game of Thrones. I was new to writing when I started it and made a lot of mistakes early, but ihave definitely matured and since I'm in the latter half of season 2, it's in my home ground: medieval warfare.

After I saw The Godfather for the first time when I was 18, I tried writin a mafia book, but abandoned. Having seen The Irishman, I might try it again.

God, if ever a series needed fanfiction. I loved Game of Thrones up until the fourth season, but found that it completely s**t the bed after that point. In other words, godspeed and good luck; having participated in two roleplays alongside you, now, I have full faith in your abilities.

First wrote some short stories in my youth, at 16 or something.

Currently participating in a writing circle which meets every two weeks. First went there about a year ago. Going there because otherwise I wouldn't write much due to blockade/laziness/procrastination.

Current goal: Participate in a poetry slam sometime this year.

I never could wrap my head around poetry, but I have all the respect in the world for people who can successfully pull it off. Needless to say, I wish you all the best in that. Smiley
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 03:04:40 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 02:49:05 AM by Meclazine »

I write for my business website.

It's a more interesting part of our business and customers actually do read it, so i need to be to very consistent in what i put forward.

There's a theme, a paradigm, a thought process you are trying to get your customers to bind with without insulting their intelligence.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »

Sorta.

I've had one sorta, idk, multi-adaptational story going on for quite some time.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2020, 01:05:45 AM »

I have a few projects that I think are solid conceptually, but I've been too lazy to do much with them.

Conversely, I'm extremely diligent and regimented about writing and spend some time doing it every day, but most of my premises are unhinged swill, albeit thinking person's unhinged swill.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2020, 02:21:30 AM »

I once wrote 40 chapters of a poli-sci-fi novel but I shelved it a few years ago. My world-building was solid but my characters needed more definition.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 11:22:57 PM »

So this was a random thought I had, but one that interested me. Anyone else out there with a deep vested interest in writing? Maybe working on their own literary projects?

I do a good amount of writing.  For me, it's mostly opinions and observations, somewhat in the vein of Andy Rooney (if you know who that was).  One of these days, I'll collect my writings, and perhaps see if I can get them published. 

In my case: I'm working on a trilogy of novels I generally call Only Darkness. I've mentioned it a couple of times, but it's a science fiction series centered around an intergalactic revolutionary war that breaks out over the discovery of a good, old-fashioned, CIA-style military coverup.

Kind of like a Babylon 5 style of thing? That sounds EPIC cool.  I'd love to read some of it, when you're ready to have someone take a look!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies