Scott for Senate - Proven independent leadership for Frémont!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:47:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott for Senate - Proven independent leadership for Frémont!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Scott for Senate - Proven independent leadership for Frémont!  (Read 1367 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2020, 01:33:20 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2020, 11:29:54 PM by Scott 🤡🌏 »

Source: Mark Udall (D-CO) addresses crowd, businessinsider.com

Good afternoon, my friends!  Upon much consideration, today I arise from my brief Atlasia slumber to announce my candidacy for February's Frémont Senate race.

During my time both in and out of office, I have witnessed how petty tribalism and strife, which are almost always rooted in personal grievances rather than policy differences, have weakened the foundations of our game and democracy.  Indeed, Atlasia has simply become too much about clashes of personality and cliquish allegiances than those of ideas.  I am no stranger to these aggressions, but I also realize that they serve nothing more than to distract from critical issues facing ordinary people.

I want to be your senator so that we can start putting policy, not personality, back into the center of the game.  I will not compromise on my values, but nor will I again fall victim to the toxicity that plagues our national discourse.

As your senator, I will be a leading voice for civil rights and liberties.  Those who know me know that those issues have always been my priority, as one who co-founded the Atlasian Civil Liberties Union with then-GM Reactionary last year.  I will defend your right to speech, your right to self-defense, your right to privacy, and I will stand against those who wish to infringe on any of them - left or right.

I will work to build on our existing democratic structures so that everyone, not just the millionaires and billionaires, will have the opportunity to pursue the Atlasian dream.  Along with the rights guaranteed by our constitution, so too do I believe in a right to healthcare, a right to housing, a right to food, and a right for all people to pursue their visions.  In order for those things to be realized, we need to be pragmatic, but never should we shy away from those goals.

I will fight for our environment, having authored the original mountaintop removal ban act that was reintroduced by Congressman MB.  At the same time, I understand the need to ensure that coal miners who are displaced from their jobs continue to have their basic needs met, so that they can raise their families without having to leave home for work elsewhere.  One of my top priorities next session will be to introduce a coal miner relief bill.  As a citizen of Wyoming, I have seen firsthand the hard work and integrity of our great miners.

It is my belief that our country is no stronger than the weakest of us.  I say this as a person who knows what it's like to live in extreme poverty IRL.  And the more unequal our nation becomes, with almost all our economic gains going to the very wealthy, the weaker we become as a nation.  We need to fix our schools, and perhaps most importantly, we must realize the importance of strong families.  All progress comes from the bottom up, and all great change begins at the dinner table.

In the coming weeks, I implore the people of this great Commonwealth to support our campaign and work with me to bring about a new era in Atlasia.

Thank you.

Endorsements
MFP KoopaDaQuick
MFP PSOL
Chancellor SO19
First Minister Harry S Truman
Southern Archivist and Nat. Sec. Council Member Wulfric
FTP Speaker Roblox
Senator MB
MFP AustralianSwingVoter
Lincoln Council Speaker OneJ
Senator OntarioProgressive
Fmr. Rep. Ninja0428
Fmr. Senator Sestak
House Speaker Thumb21
Southern Governor Leinad
Former House Speaker YE
Vice President Pericles
JG
Lincoln Governor Jimmy7812
Fmr. Senator Clyde1998
leonardothered
cg41386
arjavrawal
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 01:58:58 PM »

Endossé ! Endossé ! Endossé !
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:03:24 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:11:35 PM »

Endorsed!!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 03:32:35 PM »

Endorsed! Love the logo!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 03:34:04 PM »

Roblox

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 06:01:15 PM »

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 06:13:55 PM »

can’t squash the Scott, you’ve got my support
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 06:29:50 PM »

Endorsed (though mildly annoying that you're going to end our streak of longevity of our incumbent senators)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »

Endorsed (though mildly annoying that you're going to end our streak of longevity of our incumbent senators)

To be honest, our region's delegation needs to be shaken up every now and again.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 10:56:17 PM »

Endorsed!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 10:24:04 PM »

Endorsed!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 10:34:09 PM »

Endorsed
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 04:39:53 AM »

Over the last three years, Scott has put together a record only a couple of other players can claim to match.

First, over his four terms in the Senate (as of writing, still both the longest continual and longest overall service ever in the post-reset Upper House), Scott was a consistent policy leader, crafting and working on dozens of well-reasearched and well-written bills - the most well known of them being the bipartisan 2017 healthcare reform act. He also proved a capable leader of the chamber during his two terms as PPT during the latter half of that year.

Since his move to Fremont, Scott has been a consistent and capable leader for both his region and his parties. In 2018, the Peace Party flourished under his leadership to reach new heights, while the regional Centre Party he founded (now the Meadowlark Party) is a major force in Fremont to this day. For the region itself, Scott served twice as Speaker of Parliament, both times helping facilitate activity in the legislature, and of course served as an extremely experienced and capable first minister for the better part of this past year - I am honored to have been able to work with him during my time in Fremont, and I am confident that his return to the Upper House will herald great things for both the Senate and for Atlasia. There is almost no one else for whom I would be willing to give as enthusiastic of an endorsement.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »

Over the last three years, Scott has put together a record only a couple of other players can claim to match.

First, over his four terms in the Senate (as of writing, still both the longest continual and longest overall service ever in the post-reset Upper House), Scott was a consistent policy leader, crafting and working on dozens of well-reasearched and well-written bills - the most well known of them being the bipartisan 2017 healthcare reform act. He also proved a capable leader of the chamber during his two terms as PPT during the latter half of that year.

Since his move to Fremont, Scott has been a consistent and capable leader for both his region and his parties. In 2018, the Peace Party flourished under his leadership to reach new heights, while the regional Centre Party he founded (now the Meadowlark Party) is a major force in Fremont to this day. For the region itself, Scott served twice as Speaker of Parliament, both times helping facilitate activity in the legislature, and of course served as an extremely experienced and capable first minister for the better part of this past year - I am honored to have been able to work with him during my time in Fremont, and I am confident that his return to the Upper House will herald great things for both the Senate and for Atlasia. There is almost no one else for whom I would be willing to give as enthusiastic of an endorsement.

Love

Thank you for that, Sestak!!  And thanks to everyone else who is supporting me. Smile
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 06:44:40 PM »

Strongly endorsed
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 10:07:18 PM »

Very strongly endorsed!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 11:04:41 PM »

Endorsed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 09:31:48 AM »

Endorsed
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 07:04:47 AM »

Sorry I hadn't seen this earlier, but ENDORSED!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 08:04:39 AM »

Endorsed!
JG

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 10:54:13 AM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »

Endorsed!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 01:18:13 AM »

Sorry I hadn't seen this earlier, but ENDORSED!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2020, 12:15:56 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies