Strategy Games
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:58:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Strategy Games
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strategy Games  (Read 764 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2020, 05:13:52 PM »

It's been two-three months since the last (non-election) strategy games (historical and ASOIAF-based) on the board were suspended due to varying reasons, and I was wondering whether there was any interest in reviving/remaking unfinished games or starting a new one.

I think I'd have to rule myself out as GM because I haven't been able to finish a game in a while and I simply don't want to disappoint people anymore (I have the time now, but it feels awful when RL forces me to suspend them, and I can't image me hosting would inspire confidence at this point). But I have to confess I do miss the experience of the games we've played and would enjoy playing one.

So... any interest on a setting? Any potential players or GM's?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 05:20:58 PM »

I would love Spamage to host the third season of his Concert of Europe game. But I guess he must be very busy.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 07:31:52 PM »

It's been two-three months since the last (non-election) strategy games (historical and ASOIAF-based) on the board were suspended due to varying reasons, and I was wondering whether there was any interest in reviving/remaking unfinished games or starting a new one.

I think I'd have to rule myself out as GM because I haven't been able to finish a game in a while and I simply don't want to disappoint people anymore (I have the time now, but it feels awful when RL forces me to suspend them, and I can't image me hosting would inspire confidence at this point). But I have to confess I do miss the experience of the games we've played and would enjoy playing one.

So... any interest on a setting? Any potential players or GM's?

Funny you bring this up now, as I've just recently been thinking about hosting a game set in 1620 at the beginning of the 30 Years' War. I've also been considering remaking my 1670 game, as I still have some lingering disappointment and want to see what would happen if I did things a little differently. I might be able to get started on either fairly soon, but I think I'd need some help. I would want an experienced assistant GM to be in charge of mapping and simulation, while I'd do the writing for turn prompts and results. With the work split up, maybe you'd be comfortable being the co-GM, Lumine?

I would love Spamage to host the third season of his Concert of Europe game. But I guess he must be very busy.

That would be great, but if we're ever to see a third installment it would probably be during the summer.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 09:02:22 PM »

I was considering on doing a game based in the War of the Spanish Succession, with a few minor changes to our history, regarding B-P and Poland's relationship as well as the Hohenzollern-Habsburg relationship. I might go further in detail if asked about it. I'll be focused on my 2024 election game for the first 2-3 turns, due to it being primary seasons, though I'll try to get each turn down by at least two days after the original deadline.

I'll also need a cohost and someone who can work maps and family trees effectively if this game happens, considering I am not as good at that sort of thing as I am at writing.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »

I have to say: I still think a WWI game would be fun, and I’d love to play Germany if we did one. Besides that? I’m up for pretty much any non-election game, and I suspect we would probably get at least 8-10 players.

I myself hesitate to host or even co-mod a game, but, if anybody needs/wants help, I would gladly help with a map.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 06:25:05 PM »

I'll try and write up an interest thread for my WotSS Alt History Idea tonight. Would it be alright if I message you to help with the map for the game, Kingpoleon?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 06:44:09 PM »

Certainly would be a lot of fun! That's a game to look forward to in the future.

Funny you bring this up now, as I've just recently been thinking about hosting a game set in 1620 at the beginning of the 30 Years' War. I've also been considering remaking my 1670 game, as I still have some lingering disappointment and want to see what would happen if I did things a little differently. I might be able to get started on either fairly soon, but I think I'd need some help. I would want an experienced assistant GM to be in charge of mapping and simulation, while I'd do the writing for turn prompts and results. With the work split up, maybe you'd be comfortable being the co-GM, Lumine?

Both sound rather interesting to me. I do admit my personal preference would be to play as opposed to crafting the game, but could step in as assistant GM if there are no workable alternatives.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »

I'll try and write up an interest thread for my WotSS Alt History Idea tonight. Would it be alright if I message you to help with the map for the game, Kingpoleon?
I’m happy to help. PM me specifics, please.

However, and no offense, you’re running two election games. If Lumine & Henry Wallace are putting together a game, maybe it’s a better idea to let them put theirs up. They have more experience than you or I, and it’s probably not a good idea to GM three games simultaneously. If you’ve considered that and are sure you can do it, though, I would gladly help draw up a map.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 07:31:57 PM »

Lumine, I did approach you with my Warhammer 40,000 idea to try something radically different. Depends on the level of interest here though.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 10:00:00 PM »

Lumine, I did approach you with my Warhammer 40,000 idea to try something radically different. Depends on the level of interest here though.

Apologies! Must have forgotten to reply back then, my mistake. Truth is I know absolutely nothing about Warhammer 40,000, so it's not really a setting I could play.

(I must confess that - from a purely personal point of view I am interested in the Napoleonic Wars at the moment, I do wish the 1813 game - or a Spamage 1804 game that was attempted like six years ago - had lasted longer.)
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 10:04:46 PM »

Im down to host ASOIAF and see it through, but I need proof of interest. I've got three unfinished games to restart but I'd be open to something classic or new. I have an ASOIAF Diplomacy variant that's much less planning and wordy than our normal games due to strategic nature, but requires frequent and fast communication, probably not best here. Could always due ACOK, been listening to Fire and Blood audiobook a work for two weeks.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 12:19:39 AM »

Aaaaaaaand it's gone
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies