Kansas Gov: Sebelius (d) leads but cant break 50%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:31:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kansas Gov: Sebelius (d) leads but cant break 50%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kansas Gov: Sebelius (d) leads but cant break 50%  (Read 1332 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2006, 09:49:22 AM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State%20Polls/January%202006/Kansas%20Governor%20January%2015.htm

Sebelius 46%
Jennison 32%

Sebelius 46%
Barnett 35%

Key stat is that Sebelius currently has support from a quarter of Republican/Conservative voters and 56% of moderates.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »

Those numbers are a bit dissapointing, but who are Jennison and Barnett and has Rep. Tiahrt ruled out a run yet?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:35:20 AM »

I thought her numbers would be higher than that, but I still expect her to win.

Kansas is such a heavily Republican state that it's a miracle she won in the first place.
MissCatholic

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »

Kansas is such a heavily Republican state that it's a miracle she won in the first place.

45% of the state is Republican. Plus Sebelius has been attacked hard by the far right as the governor who supports Tiller the abortion doctor. but she survived
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 12:18:13 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2006, 12:26:40 PM by J-Mann »

Not surprising at all -- the Republican Party split, as it may well do again in this election.

Those numbers are a bit dissapointing, but who are Jennison and Barnett and has Rep. Tiahrt ruled out a run yet?

I doubt Tiahrt will run.  I could be wrong, and have been before, but even so-called sure bets have opted to sit this race out.  Rep. Jerry Moran could have won this race if he chose to run, but he risked damaging his own reputation by further stirring up the tensions between the moderate Republicans and the conservatives.

I expected House Speaker Doug Mays to stay in the race, and expected Attorney General Phill Kline to run.  Neither are running against Sebelius.  She's got a lot of support from Dems and moderate R's.

Plus Sebelius has been attacked hard by the far right as the governor who supports Tiller the abortion doctor. but she survived

Not even really an issue.  It cropped up a time or two in 2002, but Republicans aren't attacking her on abortion -- if anyone is, they are a very small (though potentially vocal) minority.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 12:21:03 PM »

I can't seem to find this poll on the Rasmussen website?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 03:29:24 PM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State%20Polls/January%202006/Kansas%20Governor%20January%2015.htm

Sebelius 46%
Jennison 32%

Sebelius 46%
Barnett 35%

Key stat is that Sebelius currently has support from a quarter of Republican/Conservative voters and 56% of moderates.

Looks like a granholm v DeVos poll. How are the gov's approval rating in that state anyway.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 03:33:52 PM »

Looks like a granholm v DeVos poll. How are the gov's approval rating in that state anyway.

The last SUSA poll put it at 61% approve - 31% disapprove.

I have a feeling Sebelius will win, and that the only reason it's close is because a Republican can really only go so low in as conservative a state as Kansas.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 03:36:11 PM »

The last SUSA poll put it at 61% approve - 31% disapprove.

I have a feeling Sebelius will win, and that the only reason it's close is because a Republican can really only go so low in as conservative a state as Kansas.

So in a more moderate state she would probably have about 60% of the vote maybe.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »

I'm with Gabu. A Democrat won't break 50% this early in Kansas.
MissCatholic

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 11:25:14 AM »

I think we have to acknowledge what a great job she has done as governor and i hope she is considered for vice president. Her father was popular in Ohio and she would pull alot of moderate republicans in the state.

Ohio is the hly grail win that and the republicans need help.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies