Iraq/Iran Megathread - Latest: U.S. to close Baghdad embassy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 09:34:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Iraq/Iran Megathread - Latest: U.S. to close Baghdad embassy
« previous next »
Thread note
Vigilabo ego sum vobis

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55
Author Topic: Iraq/Iran Megathread - Latest: U.S. to close Baghdad embassy  (Read 60517 times)
Cinemark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2020, 10:27:01 AM »

This is going to get ugly really quickly.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2020, 10:31:24 AM »

Dan Cuckshaw brandishing his maverick neocon credentials:

Truly the next John McCain.  lol at anyone who thought he would be anything different

Aww this is so based

Maybe if he forgets the whole red flag thing we can be friends again

Did you enlist yet?  Israel is counting on you.
This sounds like a trope!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2020, 12:45:22 PM by Special K »

Sounds like Iraq is going to declare war on the US alongside Iran just because the US defensively protected itself on Iraqi soil.

Maybe the president can negotiate better.  He's always championing himself as the best there is at negotiating.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2020, 10:36:54 AM »

Signaling his warmaking intent and admitting the utter failure of his professed deal-making skills in the very same tweet.  Extraordinary.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »

Does anyone here think the draft will be reinstated for whatever conflict ends up happening with Iran?

The body bags will make a draft necessary.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2020, 10:45:20 AM »

I was going to try and keep some sort of control over this thread, But there is just too much ignorance and stupidity being spewed, So you all go right ahead, I'm out.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »

Sounds like Iraq is going to declare war on the US alongside Iran just because the US defensively protected itself on Iraqi soil.

Maybe the president can negotiate better.  He's also championing himself as the best there is at negotiating.

Our President did the most tactical and presidential approach to the issue of this man, Soleimani. Knowing that he has been the leader behind countless decisions to attack US bases, coordinate with and support terrorist cells, and seeking to destabilize the Middle East to further Iran's foreign policy ambitions, we had every reason to engage Iran in a full-on war if they refused to turn him over. Instead, President Trump decided to take an excellent opportunity when he was isolated and on foreign soil, to assassinate him. Our President took the most peaceful possible approach to the issue while still securing security and justice for America and our soldiers who died because of this man.

I'm still not sure if you're for real or just trolling.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2020, 10:49:41 AM »

Maybe the president can negotiate better.  He's also championing himself as the best there is at negotiating.

Our President did the most tactical and presidential approach to the issue of this man, Soleimani. Knowing that he has been the leader behind countless decisions to attack US bases, coordinate with and support terrorist cells, and seeking to destabilize the Middle East to further Iran's foreign policy ambitions, we had every reason to engage Iran in a full-on war if they refused to turn him over. Instead, President Trump decided to take an excellent opportunity when he was isolated and on foreign soil, to assassinate him. Our President took the most peaceful possible approach to the issue while still securing security and justice for America and our soldiers who died because of this man.

The entire Middle East just got 50x less safe for Americans.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2020, 10:54:00 AM »

Signaling his warmaking intent and admitting the utter failure of his professed deal-making skills in the very same tweet.  Extraordinary.

Yuge! Fantastic, even! The best!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2020, 11:01:29 AM »

I'm still not sure if you're for real or just trolling.

I'm sure he's trolling.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2020, 11:09:04 AM »

It's kind of amusing seeing people quote someone screaming "OMG ARE YOU TROLLING?" to someone when all I see is a bunch of blue and "Ignored". Clearly the right call.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2020, 11:13:23 AM »

You guys all know that reinstating the draft would require Congressional approval right? And even if Trump could unilaterally...let's see how voters start responding to him if their kids are drafted in an election year. He'd lose in the biggest landslide since Mondale probably.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2020, 11:14:04 AM »

I assume that the latest - somewhat incoherent - Trump tweets are referring to that??

The Iraqis don't want to be dominated by Iran, but if they do they're free to make that choice? What is this? Huh
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »

Some right-wing trolls, retweeted by the "president", claim this guy was responsible for Benghazi. Is there any substance to that or is this (what I assume) another talkingpoint of Republican obsession over Benghazi?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2020, 11:41:37 AM »

Some right-wing trolls, retweeted by the "president", claim this guy was responsible for Benghazi. Is there any substance to that or is this (what I assume) another talkingpoint of Republican obsession over Benghazi?

None at all, at least to my knowledge. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2020, 11:42:48 AM »

So a general of a Shiite theocracy was working with Sunni terrorists to commit a terrorist attack during a protest. You know. The same Shiite theocracy that is propping up a fascist regime to make war against the said Sunni terrorists. The less you know!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2020, 11:46:54 AM »

So a general of a Shiite theocracy was working with Sunni terrorists to commit a terrorist attack during a protest. You know. The same Shiite theocracy that is propping up a fascist regime to make war against the said Sunni terrorists. The less you know!

It's just an attempt to cater to the "I know, I saw it on Facebook" crowd.  Hey! Heard of this bad guy, Soleimani? Heard of Benghazi? Well did you know that this bad guy was responsible for Benghazi???!!!!

Share with your friends! Let them know!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2020, 12:01:10 PM »

It's just an attempt to cater to the "I know, I saw it on Facebook" crowd.  Hey! Heard of this bad guy, Soleimani? Heard of Benghazi? Well did you know that this bad guy was responsible for Benghazi???!!!!

Saddam helped with 9/11, right?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2020, 12:35:36 PM »

The Iraqi Parliment will be voting shortly on removing the American presence from Iraq.

Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2020, 12:37:39 PM »

Good riddance to Soleimani, that terrorist! I'm glad we have a president who isn't afraid to confront a terrorist state like Iran. Let this be a lesson to all the other Islamo-fascists in the Middle East; if you mess with us, we will swoop in and assassinate you from the sky.

Are you a bot?

Seriously...is this a real person?
GWBFan
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2020, 12:38:01 PM »

The Iraqi Parliment will be voting shortly on removing the American presence from Iraq.

Wow, though I don't expect Trump to comply.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2020, 12:42:46 PM »

Saddam helped with 9/11, right?

Overthrowing Saddam was really a big mistake as he was the only check on Iran
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2020, 12:47:18 PM »

Well thank GOD there's finally going to be a voice of reason here.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »

Good riddance to Soleimani, that terrorist! I'm glad we have a president who isn't afraid to confront a terrorist state like Iran. Let this be a lesson to all the other Islamo-fascists in the Middle East; if you mess with us, we will swoop in and assassinate you from the sky.

Are you a bot?

GWBFan

I learned from my mistake.

Didn’t you vote for Trump?
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2020, 12:49:56 PM »

Are you a bot?

GWBFan

I learned from my mistake.

Didn’t you vote for Trump?

I learned from my mistake, too. But I have the good fortune of not having DJTFan as my username. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies