2020 New York Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:37:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 New York Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 New York Redistricting  (Read 103041 times)
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« on: January 03, 2022, 04:31:26 PM »

The two halves of NY-10 are really stretching the definition of contiguity lmao

Speaking of, guess I'll be in Nadler's district once one of the maps gets approved. Wonder how much longer he'll stick around before retiring.
rhg2052

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 09:04:53 PM »

New NY-11er here. Very excited to vote out Malliotakis this fall, and very interested to see what the primary looks like. Park Slope, Sunset Park, and Staten Island all have very different segments of the Democratic electorate.
rhg2052

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 09:22:40 AM »

Basically brooklyn progressive whites and then mixed ideological minorities and lastly moderate Dems in Staten island

This is good news for Brittney Ramos Debarros

ENDORSED
rhg2052

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 11:21:36 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2022, 11:38:16 PM by rhg2052 »

Hang on, NY-10 could be very interesting. Unless I'm wrong, both Nadler and Maloney are in 12 and Velazquez would either stay in 7 or move to 11 (Doesn't she live on the Red Hook waterfront?). So we should have an open seat covering all of Lower Manhattan, much of Brownstone Brooklyn, and Orthodox Borough Park.

Edit: God damn it, de Blasio's gonna run for this seat, isn't he?
rhg2052

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 10:09:32 AM »

On a serious note Suraj Patel could run for the 10th and possibly win

I think he has little chance in our primary, which will be dominated by the ultra-progressive wing of the party centered in brownstone Brooklyn. He only came close to beating Maloney previously because Maloney was unpopular with the progressives, not because he himself had any particular appeal. He's not nearly left enough for this district when there's no incumbent to run against.

The mention of de Blasio... He would be a fool to run. He's not popular even in this district, and he would do quite poorly. An ally who is less polarizing like Maya Wiley is much more likely.

Who do you think could win it then? I think Carlos Menchaca is just outside in the 11th, and I don’t know where exactly Wiley lives Brooklyn but she’d be another possibility if we’re looking to failed mayor candidates. Maybe Yuh-Line Niou could run, though she’s from Manhattan

Maya Wiley could actually be a very interesting choice for this district, she definitely built up a ton of name recognition in the mayoral primary, she either lives here or just over the line in NY-9, and aside from Borough Park, she either placed first or second behind Garcia (or Yang in Chinatown) in most precincts in the district last year.

Also, I doubt she would run for this for several reasons, but Kathryn Garcia could definitely win here. She's a lifelong Park Sloper, came very close to winning the mayoral election, and did extremely well in most of the major neighborhoods in the district (again, aside from Borough Park). She does seem like more of an administrator than a legislator though, and currently has a major administrative job in the state government, so I don't think it's likely she runs.
rhg2052

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 06:22:07 PM »

I assume Biaggi still runs for NY-3 even though it no longer crosses the Sound, right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies