2020 New York Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:09:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 New York Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 New York Redistricting  (Read 102752 times)
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« on: March 23, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »

Here is my latest Dem gerrymander of upstate NY. I did this exercise because I had a suspicion about something, which I might add, was confirmed. What might the old fossil have been brooding about?

To my untrained eye, it looks as if you've only coloured in the city limits and slightly beyond of various places - either just the one city in the case of Rochester, Syracuse and Utica, or the wider area in the cases of Albany and maybe Buffalo, and weirdly, missing out part of the city in Rome's case. I thought at first you were trying to get each into a separate district, but I don't see that happening and it's almost impossible on a 25 seat map. Perhaps the exercise was to see how much you could add beyond the city limits while meeting a certain D%, but then surely Ithaca would be far greater. Then I thought one of the cities might vote Republican - e.g. Rome, and enough territory has been removed to make it Republican. Or simply that you suspected Ithaca was the most Democratic of all the cities. Am I close at all? To be honest I really don't know, and I don't know why I chose to answer your question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies