2020 New York Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:46:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 New York Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 New York Redistricting  (Read 102916 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 06, 2020, 10:46:43 PM »

If New York loses only one district, I think NY-27 (Chris Jacobs) will be the district eliminated.

If New York loses two districts, I'd expect three targets. Jacobs and Jamal Bowman would probably get their seats eliminated, with AOC also being drawn out of her district (though she'd still have a district to represent, if she wants it, it just likely would be territory that might not be winnable for her).

I don't think the legislature would bother with Bowman or AOC if New York only loses one seat (though they might target AOC in the sense that they'll draw her out of her district, but still give her a seat to run in, that's unwinnable for her)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 10:58:00 PM »

If New York loses only one district, I think NY-27 (Chris Jacobs) will be the district eliminated.

If New York loses two districts, I'd expect three targets. Jacobs and Jamal Bowman would probably get their seats eliminated, with AOC also being drawn out of her district (though she'd still have a district to represent, if she wants it, it just likely would be territory that might not be winnable for her).

I don't think the legislature would bother with Bowman or AOC if New York only loses one seat (though they might target AOC in the sense that they'll draw her out of her district, but still give her a seat to run in, that's unwinnable for her)

How exactly do you propose cutting up NY 27 without  giving the most red territory in NY to either  Buffalo or Rochester?

Actually, that district would probably be divided three ways. The Wyoming, Livingston and Ontario County portions would go in Tom Reed's District (currently New York 23), the Erie and Niagara County sections would go Brian Higgins's Buffalo based district, and the Monroe and Ontario County portions would go in Joseph Morellle's Rochester based district.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 10:49:09 PM »

AOC could solve one problem herself by running against Hochul or Schumer, or pulling a Delaney and announcing a 2024 Presidential bid early and not running for reelection in 2022.

Then it would be her district getting chopped up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies