2020 Redistricting Master Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:51:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Redistricting Master Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Redistricting Master Thread  (Read 21316 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« on: December 30, 2019, 02:19:14 PM »

I was going to ping Moun after I returned from my holiday next week to create this sort of master thread, so good on you for taking  initiative. Suggestion to the mods: Please pin this thread.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 03:12:16 PM »

I'd recommend adding the 1-CD states (besides just Montana, which some project to gain a 2nd CD) and Rhode Island (which currently has 2 CDs but which most project to go down to 1) as there could be some interest in Legislative redistricting in those states (I had a thread on Vermont Legislative Redistricting in 2011).

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. Perhaps a East Coast small thread (VT/DE/RI), and a western one (AK/ND/SD/WY/MT(?)) would be best since the topics are going to draw less attention naturally on their own. For instance, AK is going to see an interesting legislative battle considering how Independents and Crossbench Republicans have determined who controls the lower chamber this decade.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 11:06:30 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2020, 11:23:31 PM by Oryxslayer »

Also, QOL request here. If you are going to post a map, don't just post the DRA link. Post an image as well so that those who are on mobile devices at the time are not totally in the dark, at least until said person returns to a computer.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:05:23 AM »

I'm not sure if we have a true Wisconsin thread yet so:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/479599-wisconsin-governor-rolls-out-proposal-for-redistricting-committee?amp

Evers presets a 'fair committee' to the state. Of course it's all unofficial, since power will be with the legislature and traditional mappers for the immediate future. However, Evers decision to claim this position will give him some capital when the maps inevitably go before the courts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies