2020 Liberal Democrats Leadership Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:10:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2020 Liberal Democrats Leadership Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Liberal Democrats Leadership Election  (Read 24340 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« on: January 29, 2020, 02:29:47 PM »

I think a name change would be an interesting idea though.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 02:14:21 AM »

I'd still probably vote for Ed Davey if I was a Lib Dem; as others have discussed the best route back for them still appears to be remaining credible enough in tory held seats (which requires a very delicate dance)

Moran however I fear appeals very much to the types of Lib Dem members who doom the other centre-left parties.

Isn't there a fairly obvious skeletal closet situation with Moran?

And that's not the only one...

Theres more to her assault charges and her pansexuality?
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 03:35:27 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2020, 07:05:09 AM by Zinneke »

I'm reading the "Fall Out" book of the Brexit negotiations and the 2017 election and the author said that Farron's team in his London HQ was "half gay, half Christian" (leading to the difficult situation during gaygate)...how representative is that Christian wing of the Lib Dem party membership and activists? Is there still a quite prominent Christian wing, inspired a bit by Christian Democratic parties across the EU?
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 08:00:18 AM »

It strikes me that there is no way of knowing how many people would vote Lib Dem if there were PR in a national election where they gain momentum like they did with Cleggmania and to a lesser extent the anti-Iraq War (forget about low turnout EU elections). So the argument that they are also a party that fundamentally lives off the scraps of the FPTP system seems also far fetched. Given the volatility of current electorates compared the past, you can see why the party is in favour PR. Its a Hail Mary too - they can't really do any worse can they?
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 12:14:17 PM »

He might has well have come out and said that he won't contend the sky is blue for all that actually matters at this point

Well, it's worth remembering how fringe Brexit as an idea was until some Innovative political entrepreneurs took hold. Maybe LDs could have fulfilled a similar function.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »

So...what is Davey actually doing?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies