VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC  (Read 21731 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »

McAuliffe is a giant amongst Lilliputians in fund-raising. 

It's hard to see him not being elected.

Aye, I think McAuliffe's definitely the frontrunner, and Herring's probably finished.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2020, 11:38:46 AM »

Virginia’s Riggleman Says He’s Considering Bid for Governor

Congressman Riggleman is thinking about running. Not necessarily as a Republican.

If he ran as an indy, how well would he do?
Probably not great. People are polarized nowadays.

It would depend a lot on who the GOP nominee was. If the GOP nominates Amanda Chase, Riggleman could get a lot of people looking for a "sane Republican," like in the 1994 Senate race. But that would still only be good for high single digits IMHO.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »

Amanda "Karen" Chase. A interaction like this from her is not just unsurprising, it's why she is probably going to end up as the nominee.

This tale is currently being magnified thanks to VA Democratic groups.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2020, 09:42:45 AM »

McAuliffe filed paperwork yesterday to set up a 2021 gubernatorial campaign committee. He appears to be running.

https://twitter.com/vpapupdates/status/1296454306590334982
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2020, 09:48:27 AM »

McAuliffe filed paperwork yesterday to set up a 2021 gubernatorial campaign committee. He appears to be running.

That likely ends the primary before it began.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »

yeah it's over before it begins. oh well
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2020, 09:52:48 AM »

How likely is it that they pass legislation to get rid of the one-term limit? I really don't get why the governor is term-limited, but the LG and AG aren't.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2020, 10:00:47 AM »

Does he really think he could defeat Chase in a primary? He's got way too much baggage that can be attacked from the right...and the left if he gets that far.

what baggage?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »

Does he really think he could defeat Chase in a primary? He's got way too much baggage that can be attacked from the right...and the left if he gets that far.

what baggage?

I think it was also blackface. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2020, 12:12:26 PM »

How likely is it that they pass legislation to get rid of the one-term limit? I really don't get why the governor is term-limited, but the LG and AG aren't.
I mean from an "elections fan" perspective, the term limit is great. Keeps things interesting in comparison to other states. 

what baggage?

You may be thinking of the Virginia state senate GOP leader Tommy Norment. Norment never appeared in blackface but he was one of the editors of a racist college yearbook that had a lot of blackface and Klan attire in it.

As a white guy who went to JMU and Colonial Heights High School in the 70s, it's possible Cox has this stuff as well, but nothing's come out yet.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2020, 12:16:19 PM »

what baggage?

You may be thinking of the Virginia state senate GOP leader Tommy Norment. Norment never appeared in blackface but he was one of the editors of a racist college yearbook that had a lot of blackface and Klan attire in it.

As a white guy who went to JMU and Colonial Heights High School in the 70s, it's possible Cox has this stuff as well, but nothing's come out yet.

I don't like to give Republicans too much credit, but I'd have to imagine that he wouldn't be opening himself up to a run for Governor unless he was absolutely, positively certain without a shadow of a doubt that there isn't stuff like that on him that could potentially be uncovered.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2020, 02:02:47 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2020, 03:57:56 PM by President Johnson »

If T-Mac jumps in, he definitely has this in the bag. I very much like him and think he was a great governor. But I also find Jennifer Carroll Foy a very inspiring candidate, who could make history by becoming to first black woman as governor. Should T-Mac actually get in, maybe they can strike a deal and have her run for lieutenant governor instead, with T-Macs support. In 2025, she could run to replace him. She's still 38 years and could get some additional experience in the second spot.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2020, 04:00:44 PM »

If T-Mac jumps in, he definitely has this in the bag. I very much like him and think he was a great governor. But I also find Jennifer Carroll Foy a very inspiring candidate, who could make history by becoming to first black woman as governor. Should T-Mac actually get in, maybe they can strike a deal and have her run for lieutenant governor instead, with T-Macs support. In 2025, she could run to replace him. She's still in her early 40s and could get some additional experience in the second spot.
IMHO Jennifer Carroll Foy is not any better than the other two state legislators already running for Lt. Governor, Hala Ayala and Elizabeth Guzman.

Interestingly, all 3 women were elected in 2017. They all live in Prince William County, in the outer suburbs of DC. They live in neighboring districts and according to VPAP, all have Woodbridge addresses.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2020, 09:26:52 PM »

If T-Mac jumps in, he definitely has this in the bag. I very much like him and think he was a great governor. But I also find Jennifer Carroll Foy a very inspiring candidate, who could make history by becoming to first black woman as governor. Should T-Mac actually get in, maybe they can strike a deal and have her run for lieutenant governor instead, with T-Macs support. In 2025, she could run to replace him. She's still in her early 40s and could get some additional experience in the second spot.
IMHO Jennifer Carroll Foy is not any better than the other two state legislators already running for Lt. Governor, Hala Ayala and Elizabeth Guzman.

Interestingly, all 3 women were elected in 2017. They all live in Prince William County, in the outer suburbs of DC. They live in neighboring districts and according to VPAP, all have Woodbridge addresses.

I really wish all three of those delegate seats wouldn't be open and wish at least two of them would run for re-election.

They seem to be reach seats for the GOP. Especially under Biden.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »

I really wish all three of those delegate seats wouldn't be open and wish at least two of them would run for re-election.

They seem to be reach seats for the GOP. Especially under Biden.
I hate to say "the realignment is permanent," but in this case I think it will be durable. The demographic shift is immense. A hell of a lot of new immigrants arrived in the county, and after 2016 they figured out that Virginia also has odd year elections. The new maps will also aid Democrats, since Prince William and Loudoun are growing compared to the rest of the state.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2020, 10:13:59 PM »

So now we turn our attention to the race for Lt. Governor and Attorney General...
Lognog
United States

« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2020, 11:25:10 PM »

So now we turn our attention to the race for Lt. Governor and Attorney General...

exactly, thankfully besides a random cabinet job in a Biden admin or Harris admin I don't see Tmac going any higher than VA gov. Certainly won't be in the senate, I think Warner and Kaine are lifers and they are Tmac's age.

So it's time to build up the state wide progressive base in lower state wide offices
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2020, 04:14:17 PM »

The only ratings I see for VA Gov 2021 are either Safe D or Safe Gop pickup.

While I believe democrats will hold on to it, we should stop pretending Amanda Chase will be the nominee for the GOP. It will take effort to hold the office.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2020, 07:09:56 PM »

Herring out, probably understands his lane is going to be occupied by TMac.

Also, can we get the thread title changed?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2020, 12:43:56 AM »

Perhaps 2025 will finally be his time Tongue
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »

If Herring's smart he'll drop out of the Attorney General's race too. There's no place in statewide politics for someone who wore blackface.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2020, 07:20:33 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2020, 07:30:17 PM »

Endorsed. He got screwed over by a stupid system that shouldn't be in use anymore.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2020, 07:36:42 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2020, 08:14:15 PM by Rep. FalterinArc »

If the Virginia GOP don't want to get less than 40% of the vote in 2021, then they should go for him.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »

If theVirginia GOP don't want to get less than 40% of the vote in 2021, then they should go for him.
Nope. It's going to be Amanda Chase. Virginia GOP is one of the worst state GOP's in the nation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies