Ohio redistricting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Ohio redistricting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio redistricting thread  (Read 90270 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: December 25, 2019, 01:01:02 AM »

so it sounds like Republicans are likely to lose the seat that is lost?  (because it's so gerrymandered in their favor to begin with)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 08:10:23 PM »

Looks like this process is off to a great start!  Just like Virginia...

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/31/ohio-redistricting-commission-meeting-set-rules-first-deadline-maps/5648031001/
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:34:31 PM »

Democrats should follow this brilliant logic in their states....New York Democrats won 100% of statewide elections in the past decade so I guess they're entitled to 100% of the seats, correct?

Can whichever blue avatar wrote that memo please defend their thinking here.  tyia
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 10:36:27 PM »

Democrats should follow this brilliant logic in their states....New York Democrats won 100% of statewide elections in the past decade so I guess they're entitled to 100% of the seats, correct?

Can whichever blue avatar wrote that memo please defend their thinking here.  tyia

I mean it is LOL TIER thinking although the tweet does slightly misquote it. They said take the average statewide share(54%) and average statewide win share(81%). This is 67%. They really just wanted a way to get up to 67%.

I feel like they should have just taken the share of counties that voted Trump vs. Biden in Ohio.  Or better yet, calculate the landmass percentage share.  I think a really large farm deserves more clout than half of Cleveland. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies