Ohio redistricting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:42:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Ohio redistricting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio redistricting thread  (Read 90020 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 10, 2021, 02:57:54 PM »

The Republicans drew extremely partisan maps,  they removed any seats they could that would be tossup or lean D, and packed Democrats whenever they could. 

I'd say this should be a very easy court case to make that the maps were drawn to favor a political party.

So are all 33 Biden House seats safe Dem?

Doubt it. There are probably a couple seats in the suburbs of Cincy and Columbus that are more Republican downballot.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »

This Breitbart article claims that an "anonymous GOP source" has seen a map that Gov. DeWine plans to introduce next week. Supposedly, Jim Jordan's district gets pulled into Columbus which would threaten him, and Mike Turner is put into the same district as Warren Davidson.

Of course, this article really serves as another "this Republican secretly wants to help Pelosi let's vote for his MAGA challenger" rally piece, so I doubt it is accurate at all, but such a map would be interesting to say the least.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/01/rigged-ohios-dewine-others-consider-redistricting-map-that-would-eliminate-jim-jordans-district-solidify-pelosis-majority/

That alone should make anyone take this with a huge grain of salt.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 04:10:12 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2021, 04:55:20 PM by Roll Roons »

So if this map does get struck down by the State Supreme Court, who redraws it? Do they do it themselves or does it go back to the legislature?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 09:17:20 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 09:42:42 PM »

Might have been asked, but when are we expecting a verdict?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 02:13:43 PM »

Frankly, if a state Supreme Court strikes down a map, they should be required to draw a replacement.

None of this crap.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 01:11:51 PM »

So what would the map look like if it was independently-drawn and didn’t take incumbent demands into account?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 08:26:10 PM »

Also it's not as bad as Wisconsin, but Ohio geography isn't very good for Democrats.

I edited Torie's map a bit: https://davesredistricting.org/join/f960d5b4-03e5-4a82-aeba-edf33713423d

There are three safe Dem seats (one in each of the Cs), plus four swing seats. If my map had been in place last year, Democrats would have likely walked away with six and possibly seven out of 15 seats. Not bad in a state that trended very hard against them in recent year.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2023, 10:52:42 AM »

OH-01 voted for Biden by 8.5 points. Would be pretty hackish to think R would be favored in that seat, although I guess those that did were probably expecting a red wave.

I think that's exactly why people thought Chabot was favored.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2023, 10:12:01 AM »

The perfect is the enemy of the good.  Angel

He can carpetbag to OH-15 in any event. Much of his district is already in it. Or OH-06, and Johnson can move to the northern part of his existing district.

Johnson lives way down in Marietta and represents much of OH-6 already, he ain’t moving.  And if we say OH-15 belongs to Balderson then you’ve drawn out Carey who has even more pull than Balderson.

I’m already assuming Davidson and Weinstrup are fine carpetbagging in your latest map, lest you think I am utterly without mercy Tongue

Why would Carey have more pull than Balderson?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 10:39:02 AM »

Now watch the nY high court side with the gop lol

Pretty gross to see red avatars rooting for disgusting gerrymander. You are an opponent of democracy.

The NY map is extremely fair. The initial one was a disgusting gerrymander.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies