Will Asian-Americans keep trending Democratic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:42:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Will Asian-Americans keep trending Democratic?  (Read 31852 times)
Jacobtm

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 07:23:27 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

There would be absolutely no reason or justification for Republicans to intern Asian Americans. I never said there was/would be.

Exactly.
I disagree with your assessment of the odds.

Republicans have already used up their internment quota. All the secret prisons and prison camps throughout the world are filled up with those the Republicans wanted to intern. They're done for now; they used up all there allowance.

However, it's a well known fact that every DNC building throughout the nation is easily convertible into a prison camp, incase Democrats should ever come to power and quickly need to intern a large amount of people.
Tell me if I understand what you're saying correctly.

You believe that internment worked, because the Japanese government was forced to get all it's info from caucasians, since all the Japanese Americans were interned, and thus unable to act as spies for the Japanese government?

It seems that you're actually making the case for internment...

Ok, lets stop on the republicans interning asian americans. It is never going to happen. Internment of a entire racial group is absurd nowaday's in america. I am tired arguing with you on this pointless issue.

On the case of where the japanese got there info from. President Roosevelt did not order the internment until after WW2, and before the pearl harbor attacks when the japanese WERE NOT interned, the Japan Government got the vast majority of there sources from CAUCASIANS. In other terms:

BEFORE INTERNMENT: JAPAN GOT INFO FROM CAUCASIANS
AFTER INTERNMENT: JAPAN GOT INFO FROM CAUCASIANS

Infact, japanese americans were and still are one of the most patriotic groups of americans.
I never said Republicans would intern Asian Americans, we're in agreement there.

The executive order authorizing internment was actually issued in 1942, and was implemented in that same year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_Internment#History

Before Internment: Japanese Americans may not have given info to the Japanese Government, but that's because they were scared of being interned.

After Internment: Japanese Americans couldn't give info to the Japanese Government if they wanted.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 09:09:06 AM »

I think the two of you just had one of the weirdest discussions on the forum where none of the participants were joking (as far as I can tell, at least).

I mean, come on...no one is gonna intern any ethnic group. Especially not Japanese.
Jacobtm

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »

I think the two of you just had one of the weirdest discussions on the forum where none of the participants were joking (as far as I can tell, at least).

I mean, come on...no one is gonna intern any ethnic group. Especially not Japanese.
America is quite different from Sweden. What seems totally out of the question in Sweden (i.e. the entire Bush Presidency) is 100% possible in America.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2006, 03:20:44 PM »

There would be absolutely no reason or justification for Republicans to intern Asian Americans. I never said there was/would be.

Exactly.

Republicans have already used up their internment quota. All the secret prisons and prison camps throughout the world are filled up with those the Republicans wanted to intern. They're done for now; they used up all there allowance.

However, it's a well known fact that every DNC building throughout the nation is easily convertible into a prison camp, incase Democrats should ever come to power and quickly need to intern a large amount of people.

You believe that internment worked, because the Japanese government was forced to get all it's info from caucasians, since all the Japanese Americans were interned, and thus unable to act as spies for the Japanese government?

Ok, lets stop on the republicans interning asian americans. It is never going to happen. Internment of a entire racial group is absurd nowaday's in america. I am tired arguing with you on this pointless issue.

On the case of where the japanese got there info from. President Roosevelt did not order the internment until after WW2, and before the pearl harbor attacks when the japanese WERE NOT interned, the Japan Government got the vast majority of there sources from CAUCASIANS. In other terms:

Infact, japanese americans were and still are one of the most patriotic groups of americans.
I never said Republicans would intern Asian Americans, we're in agreement there.

The executive order authorizing internment was actually issued in 1942, and was implemented in that same year.

Before Internment: Japanese Americans may not have given info to the Japanese Government, but that's because they were scared of being interned.

After Internment: Japanese Americans couldn't give info to the Japanese Government if they wanted.

Im sorry, I meant to say after WW2 started, my mistake.

How are you so sure that the japanese would have givin the information to the japanese government if they had the chance.
Jacobtm

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »

Exactly.

How are you so sure that the japanese would have givin the information to the japanese government if they had the chance.

We may never know if the Japanese Americans would have given information to the Japanese government.

However, I do know this:

1.) We interned Japanese Americans.

2.) The Japanese government (according to you) got it's info from caucasians, not Japanese Americans.

Let me ask a question of you: How do we know that Hitler wouldn't have stopped at Poland if Britain and France hadn't declared war on it?
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 09:22:15 PM »

No, we'll start to swing Republican as we grow wealthier.  We're basically jews except with slanty eyes Smiley.

I am also offended that we don't have asian smilies Kiki
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »

Exactly.

We may never know if the Japanese Americans would have given information to the Japanese government.

However, I do know this:

1.) We interned Japanese Americans.

2.) The Japanese government (according to you) got it's info from caucasians, not Japanese Americans.

Let me ask a question of you: How do we know that Hitler wouldn't have stopped at Poland if Britain and France hadn't declared war on it?

I agree with you on your first two points.

To answer your question: We might never know. Hitler wanted war anyway he could get it.
Jacobtm

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 12:07:52 AM »

No, we'll start to swing Republican as we grow wealthier. 
That's just want the Democrats want you to think.

One of the nice things about interning people is that you get to confiscate all their property in the process.

Let Asian Americans get wealthier, and think they can get away from the Democratic Party, and then BAM, the Democrats will imprison all the Asians, confiscate their property, and have a great new way of paying off all national debt.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 03:14:09 PM »

One of the nice things about interning people is that you get to confiscate all their property in the process.

Let Asian Americans get wealthier, and think they can get away from the Democratic Party, and then BAM, the Democrats will imprison all the Asians, confiscate their property, and have a great new way of paying off all national debt.

Your joking right.Huh??
Jacobtm

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »

Your joking right.Huh??
Do the Democrats have a better way to pay down the national debt?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 03:56:54 PM »

Your joking right.Huh??

The chance of a democrat imprisoning all asians are: 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Jacobtm

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2006, 04:06:03 PM »

Your joking right.Huh??

The chance of a democrat imprisoning all asians are: 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
After the Bush administration is done, with the national debt so high, you'd be quite surprised what the Democrats will be willing to do to look "Fiscally Responsible."
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 05:34:10 PM »

Your joking right.Huh??

After the Bush administration is done, with the national debt so high, you'd be quite surprised what the Democrats will be willing to do to look "Fiscally Responsible."

Are you suggesting that the dems will take back the white house in 08?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »

Imprisoning Asians would be seen as "fiscally responsible" by whom?
Jacobtm

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »

No, this is a long-term thing. As it was said earlier, Asians will start trending Republican once they become wealthier. There'd be little fiscal point in interning Asians until they've built up enough wealth that we could significantly pay down the national debt by selling off their posessions.

Imprisoning Asians would be seen as "fiscally responsible" by whom?
Everyone with a sound mind, once they see the national debt being paid down at an unprecedented level.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2006, 10:25:16 PM »

Everyone with a sound mind, once they see the national debt being paid down at an unprecedented level.

How would the additional burden of housing 3.6% of the population reduce the national debt?
Jacobtm

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2006, 09:07:48 PM »

How would the additional burden of housing 3.6% of the population reduce the national debt?
"Internment" and "Housing" are two totally different things, especially when you consider the costs.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2006, 04:33:46 AM »

But why Asians?  And, more importantly, what the Hell?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2006, 12:39:38 PM »

We already took the Catholics' goodies in the 18th century, Alcon.
Jacobtm

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »

This thread is about Asian Americans and their voting trends. Look back to the first post I made, the reason I started talking about this whole thing was that Asian Americans only trend Democratic because they're afraid of being interned again.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2006, 05:52:21 PM »

This thread is about Asian Americans and their voting trends. Look back to the first post I made, the reason I started talking about this whole thing was that Asian Americans only trend Democratic because they're afraid of being interned again.

What proof do you have for this, exactly?
Jacobtm

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2006, 10:29:52 PM »

What proof do you have for this, exactly?
Everything I've said in this thread has been providing evidence for the fact that Asian Americans trend Democratic because they're afraid of being interned. Look back to my older posts.

The whole internment thing isn't exactly a reason why Asian-Americans trend Democratic. Besides, Japanese-Americans do not constitute all Asian-Americans, and as far as I know, they were the only Asian group ever imprisoned (in large numbers). All I can say is that Hawaii, which probably has the largest Asian-American population in the country, is staunchly Democratic. I really have no explanation as to why Asian-Americans tend to lean Democratic considering that some groups are quite wealthy and don't really benefit from the Democratic economic policies...

You're right on one thing; many Asian Americans don't benefit from Democratic economic policies.

But all that does is show how very afraid they are of internment. Even though it's against their self-interest, they'll vote Democratic, to make sure they're not interned again/for the first time.

Japanese Americans are, of course, not all the Asian Americans in the USA, and groups like Koreans and Chinese Americans have never been "interned", perse, however, they're all well aware that they could be interned at any moment.

While we've only "interned" Japanese Americans, in the laste 1800's, an Act known as the "Chinese Exclusion Act" was passed to make sure no new immigrants from China, or any Asian nation, came to America for many decades. It's clear from history that Americans don't really value Asians in America, and want to either keep them out, or imprison them while they're here. The only reason those two things haven't been happening in the last 6 decades is that Asian Americans vote Democratic, and the Democrats won't allow a large segment of the population to be interned if that segment of the population votes Democratic. However, should Asian Americans prove disloyal to Democrats, Asian Americans will find themselves speedily interned.
Jacobtm

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2006, 02:59:45 PM »

You could say that about other minority groups, Arabs in particular (because of 9/11). Have the other parties (Republicans) ever attempted to intern Asian-Americans since WWII? I don't believe that internment is the main factor in this. Most other Asians aren't actively afraid of being interned - if the US government, regardless of its party domination, ever attempted to intern Asian-Americans for no bloody reason, our allies would be incredibly upset. It would be considered a human rights violation. I cannot think of anything that would prompt the government to ever detain thousands of Asians at the moment, so the paranoia has no real basis.

Besides, what party did FDR belong to?
I've answered these questions already.

"Look: if Republicans interned Asian-Americans, what would be the precedent, the context, for that? It would be totally out of nowhere. Are they gonna fight a War on Terrorism as well as a War on Asians? Hell no, they've got their hands tied.

However, Democrats would have much more reason, and justification, to intern Asian Americans.

First of all, they did it before, so there's a precedent for it.

Secondly, when they did it the first time, we won WWII. Coincidence? Who knows?

Thirdly, the Democrats have opposed Republican actions of interning all sorts of people in all sorts of illegal/immoral ways, and what has the result been? The Democrats have made no head-way. Besides the case of Jose Padilla, who FINALLY is getting a trial, no one else Republicans have detained has been set free by Democrats' efforts. The CIA prisons in Eastern Europe still exist, Gitmo is still up and running, along with TONS of other prison camps around the world. So Democrats have done all they can to oppose detainment of (mostly) muslims, and Republicans haven't budged. Therefore, who would say anything if the Democrats decided to intern Asian Americans? Republicans would be huge hypocrites if they said anything, and Democrats are probably just mad that they aren't powerful enough now to detain anyone for no reason anymore."
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2006, 03:10:52 PM »

The Bottom Line: IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India