APPROVAL RATINGS FOR ALL 50 GOVERNORS AS OF 1/19/06
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:46:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  APPROVAL RATINGS FOR ALL 50 GOVERNORS AS OF 1/19/06
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: APPROVAL RATINGS FOR ALL 50 GOVERNORS AS OF 1/19/06  (Read 4954 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 06:12:15 PM »

That's weird.  I wonder why Blanco nose-dived like that?  I for one am stumped.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »

That's weird.  I wonder why Blanco nose-dived like that?  I for one am stumped.

I don't know, it could maybe have something to do with a silly little thing that happened on August 29.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »

Nobody gets ironic sarcasm any more.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 06:21:14 PM »

I was being sarcastic too. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 06:40:31 PM »

w00t Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »

Re: Doyle

First off, he's on odd looking fellow, and has very poor public speaking abilities. Second, the state is 50/50 on most issues anyway, third, the Republicans have the bully pulpit in the legislature.  Doyle can't get anything great passed without compromising, which annoys the Dem base, and doesnt get much credit from the republicans.  But Doyle does have a ton of money and is a prolific fundraiser. Plus, he will go dirty early, which will nail Green or Walker hard in an otherwise Dem tilted year. It will be close no matter what, but Doyle should pull it out based on existing trends in National Politics and his warchest.

O, and he's really really boring

Tommy Thompson's idiot brother is also not sucking away votes in this election (another reason why the libertarians don't have the best views in my eyes). The last election was also very dirty which was why a lot of people left. Hopefully our great state will see Doyle for what he is, a bad politican for this state who won't do anything for the common people. Go Walker!!! *points to sig*
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »

Tommy Thompson's idiot brother is also not sucking away votes in this election (another reason why the libertarians don't have the best views in my eyes). The last election was also very dirty which was why a lot of people left. Hopefully our great state will see Doyle for what he is, a bad politican for this state who won't do anything for the common people. Go Walker!!! *points to sig*

Wow... cause Scott Walker has made Milwaukee County a gleaming beacon of sucess in this past term... Yeah, can't walk around the US without hearing "Hey, did you hear how great things are in Milwaukee?!"

Mark Green is the better republican, in real and political terms. He would beat Doyle more easily than Walker could

... and I'm from Wauwatosa
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

Wow... cause Scott Walker has made Milwaukee County a gleaming beacon of sucess in this past term... Yeah, can't walk around the US without hearing "Hey, did you hear how great things are in Milwaukee?!"

Mark Green is the better republican, in real and political terms. He would beat Doyle more easily than Walker could

... and I'm from Wauwatosa

I still say Walker has the best chance later in this election (not right now though, he's down in the polls). He comes from one of the areas where the GOP needs to win big to win this election, all he has to do now is try and spread that farther north to Green's area and I believe he can win. Although right now the state will probably stay stupid and stay with Doyle.  -_-
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 07:18:13 PM »

Highest approval ratings for Governors seeking re-election:

Rell, CT
Rounds, SD
Douglas, VT
Lynch, NH
Henry, OK

Lowest approval ratings for Governors seeking re-election:

Murkowski, AK
Schwarzenegger, CA
Baldacci, ME
Blagojevich, IL
Granholm, MI

It is interesting how the Dems in Bush states tend to have better approval ratings than the Dems in Kerry states.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 07:35:46 PM »

It is interesting how the Dems in Bush states tend to have better approval ratings than the Dems in Kerry states.

This doesn't seem too surprising to me: if you get elected in a state where you "shouldn't" have gotten elected, given your political party, there must be something good about you.  On the other hand, if you get elected in a state in which you "should" have gotten elected, there's a much higher chance that you're only mediocre and that you got in because of your party and because you didn't screw up too badly.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »

Unless several extreme mistakes are made by the Oregon GOP and their candidates, my Governor should be getting his walking papers in a few months.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2006, 02:08:18 PM »

It's hard to do sarcasim on an internet forum.  I hate that.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2006, 01:46:44 AM »

It's hard to do sarcasim on an internet forum.  I hate that.

Unless it's really obvious (or unless you're known to be a rather sarcastic person), it's often helpful (if you're worried about it) to end sarcasm with something like "</sarcasm>" just to let people know that what they just read was indeed sarcasm.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies