John Ford: He'll Get What He Wants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:28:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  John Ford: He'll Get What He Wants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Ford: He'll Get What He Wants  (Read 1081 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:12:56 PM »

This is a thread for John Ford to tell people that they don't trust each other.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »

And make bold and false assumptions about other people too?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 11:20:03 PM »

And make bold and false assumptions about other people too?

Yes, most certainly.  It is his style.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 11:22:09 PM »

This spin by the White Hous is reaching shark-jumping proportions given that this thread was started by someone who just a few minutes ago minutes ago said this:

And if anyone needs to "update his resume," perhaps you should speak to your vice presidential candidate about the issue of loyalty?

While yesterday his President said this:

It (TD's running for VP) hasn't affected my opinion on whether I'll reappoint True to the DoS after the election, if that means anything.

It is kind of hard to take this level of contradiction seriously.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 11:23:34 PM »

OH SNAP

Q HAS OWNED AGAIN
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 11:26:54 PM »

This spin by the White Hous is reaching shark-jumping proportions given that this thread was started by someone who just a few minutes ago minutes ago said this:

And if anyone needs to "update his resume," perhaps you should speak to your vice presidential candidate about the issue of loyalty?

It (TD's running for VP) hasn't affected my opinion on whether I'll reappoint True to the DoS after the election, if that means anything.

You seemed to have jumped to the conclusion from my deliberately ambiguous post that I would be reappointing TD to the DoS all by yourself.  You're getting better at that, because in this case you were actually correct.

Secondly, how were Q and I contradicting each other?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 11:27:23 PM »

Those quotes don't really have anything to do with each other.  The first quote was not, in fact, questioning Joe Republic's cabinet policies but asking you a question about yours', which you have failed to answer.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 11:28:24 PM »

This is gonna be a fun thread.  Tongue
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 11:30:59 PM »

Its pretty clear that Joe does not want to be criticized for anything he does, and takes any criticism personally.  Given that he's had a pretty rough day in terms of managing the government, you'd think at least some humility would be in order.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 11:31:55 PM »

Q, I am very disappointed in your behavior.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 11:32:26 PM »

Its pretty clear that Joe does not want to be criticized for anything he does, and takes any criticism personally.

Another false assumption?  I suppose you made it in the right thread.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 11:38:50 PM »

Its pretty clear that Joe does not want to be criticized for anything he does, and takes any criticism personally.

You've decided to make this campaign pretty personal, and its obvious to me you somehow didn't expect that your opponents would say they thought you were doing things the wrong way.  I've tried to stick to substance this whole way, and you've stuck to name calling.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 11:39:50 PM »

Hope you and Daniel aren't feeling left out that none of the mud slinging includes you guys.

I joined Atlasia shortly after the Feb. 2005 Pres. Election and this is indeed the most attacked based election I have seen.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 11:41:35 PM »

You've decided to make this campaign pretty personal, and its obvious to me you somehow didn't expect that your opponents would say they thought you were doing things the wrong way.  I've tried to stick to substance this whole way, and you've stuck to name calling.

How exactly is "false assumption" a form of name calling?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

How could I not expect my opponents to say that I'm doing things wrong?  That's the penalty for being an incumbent, and I fully expected it.

As you know, I haven't even started campaigning yet, because I haven't declared.  All I'm doing now is defending myself and my administration from... for want of a better word... lies.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 11:44:39 PM »

Hope you and Daniel aren't feeling left out that none of the mud slinging includes you guys.
Nope, I prefer to have a positive campaign while the other two fight each other, other than my nonsensical commentary. Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 11:48:12 PM »

All I'm doing now is defending myself and my administration from... for want of a better word... lies.

Is it a lie that it took you six days to write an amendment and that during that time you did not discuss, delegate, or ask for help from your cabinet officer who's speciality is the bill in question?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 11:50:18 PM »

How could I not expect my opponents to say that I'm doing things wrong?  That's the penalty for being an incumbent, and I fully expected it.

As you know, I haven't even started campaigning yet, because I haven't declared.  All I'm doing now is defending myself and my administration from... for want of a better word... lies.

The assumption is tht you're running, and I'm pretty sure every record of you saying something on the record will indiciate that you will run for re-election.  It is not a fair or realistic assumption to think that you would be insulated from criticism before your announcement.

It is also not in any way dishonest to say that there is an apparent lack of cinegy between you and the SoFA.  When asked why you didn't enlist the help of the SoFA to amend the bill you said you couldn't ask him because he didn't agree with you.  If that doesn't mean that there is a lack of trust, I think its a fair question to ask what exactly it does mean.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 03:34:41 PM »

This is a highly amusing thread.  All I can say is that I'm glad the bill failed.

And as for the troop deployment thingy, I can't help in answering questions if everyone isn't on the same page.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 06:37:28 PM »

I joined Atlasia shortly after the Feb. 2005 Pres. Election and this is indeed the most attacked based election I have seen.

*clears throat loudly*
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 06:48:45 PM »

*clears throat loudly*

Did anybody hear something or was that just the wind? j/k there ilikeverin. Tongue
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 08:18:24 PM »

Could you all try to calm it down?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies