President Forever Primaries Update!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:19:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever Primaries Update!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: President Forever Primaries Update!!  (Read 20403 times)
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2006, 07:24:39 AM »

They've got screenshots up now!!
http://www.80soft.com/development/pforeverp.htm

It looks pretty darn cool:

The update will be released in the second quarter of 2006.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »

Hmmm... they are bringing back different types of advertising again.  I like that.  I really hope we don't have to pay for this, though.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 06:23:16 AM »

Another update from the programmer:

Hi everybody,

Late June is release target. There should be another update soon for scenario developers to see how the new scenario files system will work. We are working on the core data structures and so on that allow us to simulate the various aspects of the primaries that need to be simulated first, with the more visual stuff that is dependent on those aspects of the game being added near the relative end.

We can't really take screenshots to show you how the data representation is now more scalable, or how voters can now have torn loyalties to parties and candidates, until that point.

To answer a few questions:

A scenario right now can have upto 32 parties (one for each candidate), but this isn't set in stone.

It will probably come with several hypothetical 2008 scenarios initially, and the existing scenarios will be carried over.

Third parties in 2008 include the various smaller parties (Libertarian, Green, Constitution in particular). There are other possible parties (Independents, rise of a strong third party).

Candidates can switch parties, and this includes becoming an Independent. This isn't a problem because the limit in any given game is actually the number of candidates, not the number of parties.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne
80soft.com
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 03:07:37 PM »

The developer's updates keep rolling in. If you havn't checked lately there is a lot to catch up on. The Ballot Access feature interests me the most. It is expected to be released within a month!

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 03:16:38 PM »

The developer's updates keep rolling in. If you havn't checked lately there is a lot to catch up on. The Ballot Access feature interests me the most. It is expected to be released within a month!

Well thank God for that. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again.

I like that ballot access feature it'll make things alot more interesting.

I'm also looking out for Congress Forever. Have there been any updates on that? I've been looking out for them and can't find any.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »

Colin: 80soft is doing the right thing IMO and halting work on pretty much everything else until PF+P is done.  I'd expect Congress Forever to take less time than PF+P though, as I've heard a lot of the new stuff in PF+P is also going into Congress Forever.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 05:23:25 PM »

Hasn't this been due to come out for over 2 years?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »

Hasn't this been due to come out for over 2 years?

Yup Tongue

I registered in 80soft's forum on August 17, 2004, and even then I registered with the hope of finding out more info on the update... Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 06:28:30 PM »

It seems like they have included some elements, like shaded states representing party support and more than four parties, that Prime Minister Forever Canada originally included.

It seems that this took two years because 80soft turned its attention to games such as PM4E, both British and Canadian editions, and Chancellor Forever. All of which I like, since I like international elections as much if not more than American ones. That almost certainly delayed P4EP from its original release date.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 09:59:26 PM »

It's offical!!!

President Forever + Primaries will be released on October 16th!!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »

It's offical!!!

Of 2007?  I thought so
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 03:07:19 PM »

It's offical!!!

Of 2007?  I thought so

Actually, 80soft has never given an exact date before.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 03:19:28 PM »

I know it takes them time and I don't mind but I wish they wouldn't get our hopes up only to disappoint us.  Its really annoying, hasn't Primaries been in production since 2005?  Also, is Congress Forever going to be released before the November elections?  Because if not it kind of defies the point. 
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 05:14:57 PM »

It's offical!!!

Of 2007?  I thought so

Well then what's this download doing in my inbox that states quite clearly "Thanks for your purchase of President Forever + Primaries!

You can download President Forever + Primaries here:"

Ehehe Grin
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 09:50:06 PM »

The new election night is awesome!! It's way better than expected. The game does have a few bugs right now but I'm sure that they'll get worked out eventually.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »

Hmmm... I paid for this last night, and they still haven't sent me an email back to download... I see that they are as timely as always.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 01:32:26 PM »

Hmmm... I paid for this last night, and they still haven't sent me an email back to download... I see that they are as timely as always.
Same here
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »

That's cuz you didn't preorder, silly Grin
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 10:27:09 AM »

I wish I hard ordered the disc as well - then you get the 1960, 1980 and 1992 Primary Scenarios. 
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »

ok, so I bought the original President4Ever and I think also PM4Ever (Australia, although it may have been Canada). Since then, whilst I was away, our other computer went crazy and *everything* on it was deleted-including, of course, the games. Is there any way I can re-download the original games, and will the primaries be offered to those who bought the original game as an update, as originally promised?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 04:45:29 PM »

I just played as Warner and lost to Clinton.  She starts with a massive advantage.  At least I came in 2nd (beating Kerry, Edwards, Clark, and Biden)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 01:19:15 PM »

The game has quite a few bugs in it. 
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 05:14:02 PM »

Has anyone acctually won the primaries in this game, yet?  Granted, I play with Giuliani each time, but My campiagn always seems to work out exactly the same way... I start out strong and then I crash after Mini-Tuesday.

It seems to be a foregone conclusion that McCain is gonna win every single time.  Even in my one game where Gingrich did really well, McCain still ended up clobbering him in a four way split convention... another unrealistic feature of the game - no one ever drops out until the end I got Romney to drop out once to be my VP after PA was already over.

Is there some secret to winning that I haven't discovered yet?  The Democrats seem to nominate someone different each time.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 09:42:52 PM »

ok, so I bought the original President4Ever and I think also PM4Ever (Australia, although it may have been Canada). Since then, whilst I was away, our other computer went crazy and *everything* on it was deleted-including, of course, the games. Is there any way I can re-download the original games, and will the primaries be offered to those who bought the original game as an update, as originally promised?

ilv?
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 11:35:01 AM »

I've decided I don't think the game is really very good.  All the candidates are aged 50 and they've not given us the option of choosing new candidates; for the Democrats where are Al Gore, Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh?  For the Republicans where is Condoleeza Rice or Mike Huckabee?  Also, the way the funds are doled out in the national races you can advertise for as long as you want in any state and make it competetive, i.e. Democrat could win Utah and a Republican New York.  I never liked dynamism but now its not even an option in the game, its already incorporated in it.  Plus I can't save games and then go back to them. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies