What is your favorite province of Australia? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:37:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What is your favorite province of Australia? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your favorite province of Australia? * means territory
Australian Capital Territory*

New South Wales

Northern Territory*

Queensland

South Australia

Tasmania

Victoria

Western Australia

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: What is your favorite province of Australia?  (Read 2593 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 20, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »

Niue.

Queenslanders are boorish; South Australians are boring. Matter of personal preference, really.

Do you mean Nauru?
Niue is a dependency of New Zealand in Polynesia (New Zealand took over those British colonies that didn't want independence, except for some reason Pitcairn.) Over half of Niue islanders actually live in New Zealand rather than on Niue these days. IIRC NZ's ethnic structure is something like 82% White, 10% Maori, 6% other Polynesian. (And the appropriate racial slur for a new arrival from Polynesia is "fob".)

It's also ultra-socially conservative. From what I understand the island is completely dry, no alcohol allowed at all, and fishing is illegal on Sundays.

Anyway, probably ACT if what hugh says is true, what are the laws like? To find out more, I'll probably have to research on where the best strip clubs are.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:44:54 PM »

Niue.

Queenslanders are boorish; South Australians are boring. Matter of personal preference, really.

Do you mean Nauru?
Niue is a dependency of New Zealand in Polynesia (New Zealand took over those British colonies that didn't want independence, except for some reason Pitcairn.) Over half of Niue islanders actually live in New Zealand rather than on Niue these days. IIRC NZ's ethnic structure is something like 82% White, 10% Maori, 6% other Polynesian. (And the appropriate racial slur for a new arrival from Polynesia is "fob".)

It's also ultra-socially conservative. From what I understand the island is completely dry, no alcohol allowed at all, and fishing is illegal on Sundays.

Anyway, probably ACT if what hugh says is true, what are the laws like? To find out more, I'll probably have to research on where the best strip clubs are.

The best would either be Sydney or Melbourne, Melbourne would have a better average. The ACT...not sure; but they'd probably be alright if few. As I said, it's a lot more suburban. I think the ACT would better suit opebo; but I think Brunswick, a suburb of Melbourne, is designed for you. You have to catch a tram into the city (10 mins.) or over to St. Kilda (20 mins. with good connection) for the strip clubs, but it would be your kind of place. Maybe, Fitroy or Northcote. You'd be inner north, anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Suburbs_of_Melbourne

Well you know what I think of suburbs. I'd just live in Melbourne proper.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 08:09:54 PM »

Australia has lots of Vietnamese, but I don't know what areas they're in.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies