2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Tennessee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:29:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Tennessee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Tennessee  (Read 17376 times)
Unelectable Bystander
« on: January 10, 2022, 02:33:43 PM »

Huh, I had hope that the Nashville seat was going to survive after seeing the GOP spare the Louisville and Kansas City districts. Oh well.

Your mistake was in equating the half-decent GOPs of MO and KY with the utterly polluted, disgusting, disgraceful and shameful TNGOP. Tennessee's Republicans are utterly sick, even more so than Kentucky's and Missouri's are. No comparison. (Interestingly, just 1/5 KY House Republicans - and that person was Hal Rogers of all people - voted to overturn, while 7/7 TN House Republicans did. 5/6 MO Republicans supported overturning, the exception being Ann Wagner, who represents a suburban district that just barely voted for Trump in 2020.)

As an Illinois resident, cry me a river about gerrymanders
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 04:28:40 PM »

This article gives a decent idea of what the preferred plan by the senate might look like. The plan is to do a two way split of Davidson which is three districts with Green taking in some of Nashville along with 1/3 of Williamson, Rose taking in some of Nashville and Cooper's seat taking in some of Nashville and the rest of Williamson.

https://onthehill.tnjournal.net/threes-a-crowd-senate-gop-would-have-green-desjarlais-cooper-districts-meet-in-nashville/

Based on those descriptions I think it will look something like this:

Even though TN-7 is only Trump+18 there are no bad trends and it's safe along with all the other ones. Trump actually increased his margin of victory in all the Nashville districts and the PVIs all moved to the right as well

What’s up with the Nashville trends? Urban and rural shifts outweighing the suburban shifts? 59-38 still seems risky in a future wave if it turns into Austin. Then again, not everyone moving to Nashville is left-leaning
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 11:53:42 AM »

It looks to me like the House is scared of trends in Rutherford County and wanted to avoid using that in their split.  Also, I bet Mark Green demanded to still represent Williamson County, which meant they had to get creative.

Any info on election results for each district? Probably smart to exclude Rutherford, it seems like the high growth and eventual bluing is happening there and southern Williamson right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies