Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:15:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 90821 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: February 06, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #726 on: February 06, 2020, 06:55:03 PM »

Last time I checked, 15.9 rounds up to 16%.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #727 on: February 06, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »

oh drat, how will the person who made this comic ever recover
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #728 on: February 06, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »

I'm sure 85% of Iowans were saboteurs employed by the Sanders campaign (two cases) or Trump supporters (the other case).
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #729 on: February 06, 2020, 07:21:38 PM »

[img width=760 height=760]https://i.ibb.co/hMTqwQy/vote-for

Are you going to be changing your username anytime soon
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #730 on: February 06, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »

[img width=760 height=760]https://i.ibb.co/hMTqwQy/vote-for

Are you going to be changing your username anytime soon
? I do not see why I would lol. He is still a co-frontrunner.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #731 on: February 06, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »

Someone can't take a joke lmao ( and I am pretty sure the guy was right if you go by PV). In any case, the comic is pretty lackluster.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #732 on: February 06, 2020, 08:24:18 PM »

Apparently Joe Biden has no events scheduled for tomorrow. I wonder why that is.

Most of the candidates have nothing planned or just one event, probably because they are all spending time on debate prep for Friday.

A-Bob!  Where you been, man?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #733 on: February 06, 2020, 10:31:02 PM »

Caroline Kennedy just endorsed Biden, this will seal the deal in SC
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #734 on: February 06, 2020, 11:44:47 PM »

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #735 on: February 07, 2020, 04:06:16 AM »

Caroline Kennedy is important endorsement, her Cruz, Maria Shriver is first Lady of California,  Bernie is no lock on Latino vote, until we see what happens in NV
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #736 on: February 07, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »

Biden team setting rather low expectations for NH:

redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »

Coming in THIRD would be a comeback? Yikes. That's not a comeback. It reminds me of the media obsessing over Rubio's rise despite Trump becoming the clear frontrunner in 2016.

Biden needs to come in second, which I wouldn't totally count out yet.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #738 on: February 07, 2020, 12:53:47 PM »

Will the Biden campaign employ her as a surrogate? I hope that her handlers remember to keep her away from electrical outlets and choking hazards.
If this has any effect, it will hurt Biden. She is a total joke who could not win as a democrat in Maryland.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #739 on: February 07, 2020, 01:10:22 PM »

“It was a cluster-f---” said one. “A sh**t show,” said another. “A f---ing disaster,” said a third.

Even Biden, who began Tuesday morning in New Hampshire bragging that he probably did well in Iowa, admitted Wednesday afternoon that he suffered a “gut punch.”

“I expected to do better,” Biden said at a CNN town hall in Manchester, New Hampshire, Wednesday evening. “And I expected that our organization would perform better.”

“Clearly the campaign underperformed its own expectations,” said one of the individuals familiar with the presentation.

“We believe South Carolina is our firewall and it is,” said a Biden adviser. “But if we lose three straight in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada, the fire can jump the wall.”

“Nevada is crying out for resources and we should give it to them, but some of us think we can rely on South Carolina and that’s a big mistake,” the adviser said. “Bernie is on the move in Nevada. It’s a caucus state. We just got crushed in a caucus state. Do the math.”

It's literally only MT Treasurer who claims there was nothing to see there.
Disclaimer: Biden is still one of 2-3 main players, but, maaaan, IA was a really bad for him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #740 on: February 07, 2020, 02:26:58 PM »

Biden is a good man, I liked his old-school brawler style.

But since his son died in 2015, Biden has not been the same.

Biden felt that Hillary did not have an economic message for the WWC, but Sanders/Warren have some of that dying breed of WWC left in the party.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #741 on: February 07, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »

Coming in THIRD would be a comeback? Yikes. That's not a comeback. It reminds me of the media obsessing over Rubio's rise despite Trump becoming the clear frontrunner in 2016.

Why would he need to be 2nd in lily-white NH with the 7th highest median household income in the nation? They can just claim it's unrepresentative (even more so than IA) and that "the real primary" starts in NV and SC, diverse states that "looks like America". 4-3-2-1 in the four early states should be enough, even if he likely needs a strong 2nd in NV. As long as he is competitive in NV and SC he should be able to turn this around.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #742 on: February 07, 2020, 05:05:53 PM »

If Biden can get 3rd in New Hampshire and then 2nd in Nevada, I think he'll be okay. He should still win South Carolina.

He needs to find a way to win Nevada, though.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #743 on: February 07, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »

Yes, a 4-3-2-1 comeback is his last hope.
But it won't happen.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #744 on: February 07, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »

Frankly, people are over-estimating the difference between 3rd and 4th in NH.

If Pete/Bernie are both at 25% and he and Warren are at 13%, it doesnt matter if he finishes .10% above her, its an awful look and it only solidifies the notion that Pete is the moderate candidate with a chance and Biden is a sinking ship.

He needs to get within striking distance of Pete, doesnt matter if thats 3rd or 4th, he needs to be up there.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #745 on: February 07, 2020, 07:16:44 PM »

If Pete/Bernie are both at 25% and he and Warren are at 13%, it doesnt matter if he finishes .10% above her, its an awful look and it only solidifies the notion that Pete is the moderate candidate with a chance and Biden is a sinking ship.

He needs to get within striking distance of Pete, doesnt matter if thats 3rd or 4th, he needs to be up there.

Are you sure hispanic voters in NV and black voters in SC will care how Biden does in a place like NH?
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #746 on: February 07, 2020, 08:09:30 PM »

Why would he need to be 2nd in lily-white NH with the 7th highest median household income in the nation? They can just claim it's unrepresentative (even more so than IA) and that "the real primary" starts in NV and SC, diverse states that "looks like America". 4-3-2-1 in the four early states should be enough, even if he likely needs a strong 2nd in NV. As long as he is competitive in NV and SC he should be able to turn this around.

At this point, Biden is more likely to run fifth or worse in NH than he is to place in second. He's failing for reasons that clearly originate with a bad campaign, weak fundraising, and him as an individual. How any of those would turn in the few weeks between the first primary and Super Tuesday eludes me.

I don't know what anyone expects South Carolina or Nevada to do for him at this point: The last couple of polls out of Nevada show him at just above 20%, losing support and barely ahead of Sanders, and unless the state has moved against the national trend since then he's probably not even leading it today.

It's true that some polls out of South Carolina - notably not the Post & Courier - show him maintaining a comfortable lead, but even if he maintains that, it's not as if he can win the nomination by winning only in the Deep South. An ironic fate given the infamous contrast that he drew between Jesse Jackson and the "clean and bright and articulate" Barack Obama...

My problem with that analysis is that I have a hard time seeing anyone else win. So if you're right it looks like we'll get a contested convention, which might end up with a Biden/Buttigieg unity ticket.

Biden is the only candidate that can prevent Sanders from getting a plurality. The Democrats aren't going to nominate a billionaire, Buttigieg can't win over PoC which gives him a fairly low ceiling, and Warren is not acceptable to enough moderates and donors, and also frankly suck at politics (I expect her to drop out after ST). Klobuchar might be a decent replacement for Biden (and would play well in the GE), but she's too far behind to matter. Sanders has less appeal to WWC and rural voters than he did in 2016, and even worse numbers among seniors so it'll be very difficult for him to get a majority of the delegates and I doubt Sanders + Warren will have one. Bloomberg, Warren, Steyer and Klobuchar are unlikely to support Buttigieg, since it's obvious he'll lose to Trump, so who else gets the nomination if not Biden if Sanders has less than 35-40% of the delegates? Will they draft John Kerry or Hillary? (unlikely) or pick a governor? (also unlikely). In the end I expect Buttigieg to settle for VP after finding out no one else wants him to head the ticket and then back Biden. Going from mayor of South Bend to VP would still be a major triumph for Buttigieg and since Biden clearly doesn't plan on running for reelection he'd get his chance in 2024 if they won.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #747 on: February 07, 2020, 11:31:08 PM »

Joe Biden, just now, on Pete Buttigieg: "I know Barack Obama. He's no Barack Obama."
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #748 on: February 08, 2020, 09:25:49 AM »

Are you sure hispanic voters in NV and black voters in SC will care how Biden does in a place like NH?

Hispanic voters in NV are already supporting Bernie.
Fargobison

« Reply #749 on: February 08, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »

Biden's new attack ad against Pete....

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1226200604218994689
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies