Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:22:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 63
Author Topic: Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness  (Read 131437 times)
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2020, 12:10:20 PM »

The immunity process is not going to end before the election and then it will have to start over

I actually think that is not correct. Once a Knesset special committee denies a request for immunity not only is the immunity process self-evidently over but it cannot be revived with a new Knesset, either.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2020, 03:36:20 PM »

The immunity process is not going to end before the election and then it will have to start over

I actually think that is not correct. Once a Knesset special committee denies a request for immunity not only is the immunity process self-evidently over but it cannot be revived with a new Knesset, either.
I should start taking legal bets here.

Anyhow, it’s a semi judicial process with attorneys and he has very good attorneys who can drag it out. The formation of the committee will be challenged in the SC, and the decision of the committee either way could be challenged. This is not going to take 2-3 weeks.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2020, 05:31:00 AM »

Moshe Kahlon is retiring from politics. Can’t say I’ll miss him- he stood for nothing.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2020, 06:21:28 AM »

Moshe Kahlon is retiring from politics. Can’t say I’ll miss him- he stood for nothing.
Already reported it on Friday:) his party lives on with the incoming Welfare Minister to mooch more money through party funding.

Israel politics at the moment has no room for a party between Likud and B&W.

Labour and Meretz are heading for a joint run followed by a post election breakup. Peretz basically wants to be in B&W’s future coalition and they aren’t going to get Meretz in.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2020, 06:28:37 AM »

Already reported it on Friday:) his party lives on with the incoming Welfare Minister to mooch more money through party funding.

Labour and Meretz are heading for a joint run followed by a post election breakup. Peretz basically wants to be in B&W’s future coalition and they aren’t going to get Meretz in.

I think this is probably for the best. I’m assuming it’ll just be a technical bloc, right?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2020, 06:48:36 AM »

I think this is probably for the best. I’m assuming it’ll just be a technical bloc, right?
Yes. Though I can’t see both a parties carrying on as independent entities for much longer. I assume that Meretz post election with only 2-3 MKs will go into “liquidation”
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2020, 11:11:45 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2020, 11:21:40 AM by Parrotguy »

Amir Peretz said there's no choice but to unite with Meretz. It's happening, the only obstacle I can see now is Orly Levy. Hopefully the Labour team leads the campaign efforts, Meretz always seems to run awful campaigns. Peretz was basically forced to do it by his MKs, some of them were reportedly threatening to join Meretz or other parties.

According to channel 12: Labour-Gesher going to demand 7 out of the top 10 list, the fight will likely be about whether the 4th Meretz representative (Ilan Gilon, I assume) will be 10th or 11th.

As a side note, Tamar Zandberg gotta be the most useless politician on the left. She lead the effort to stab Stav Shaffir in the back and now she's probably going to take a place that could be given to a politician like Ilan Gilon, who has at least some electoral worth.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2020, 02:14:43 PM »

Well, Orly Levy announced a union with Meretz is necessary, so this obstacle is gone. And according to unofficial agreements, Stav Shaffir is off the list- read, backstabbed.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2020, 03:51:16 PM »

Well, Orly Levy announced a union with Meretz is necessary, so this obstacle is gone. And according to unofficial agreements, Stav Shaffir is off the list- read, backstabbed.
The union will land 6-8 seats and hopefully Gilon is out. Wretched parties
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »

And where will those 3-5 seats go? B&W?
Most of them. 0.5-1 seats would go to the JL. Now that they can’t scare voters we can see their real worth.
B&W would be aiming for the 40 seats and a big gap from Likud for a clear victory picture
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2020, 01:04:14 AM »

Labour-Gesher-Meretz union official. Looks like the top 5 will be this:
1. Peretz
2. Levy
3. Horovitz
4. Zandberg
5. Shmuli
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2020, 01:28:52 AM »

1. Peretz
2. Levy
3. Horovitz
4. Zandberg
5. Shmuli
6. Michaeli
7. Golan
8. Gilon
9. Bar Lev
10. Suede
11. Freg

Poor Freg, I thought pushing Shaffir down was to make room for him...oh it was a spin.

I hope they get 7 seats
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2020, 01:42:31 AM »

The joint run will not get six seats. Good grief. They will clearly get at least 8 and probably nine or ten.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2020, 01:46:40 AM »

1. Peretz
2. Levy
3. Horovitz
4. Zandberg
5. Shmuli

I have no idea why they're clinging so toghtly to Orly Levy. She isn't very good at politics and would definitely fit in better with Blue and White, which I imagine would be willing to offer her two seats (maybe #25 and #37?). She is taking up such a prominent position as a right winger on a left wing list. Is this Peretz trying to be edgy?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2020, 01:50:49 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2020, 02:05:58 AM by Parrotguy »

1. Peretz
2. Levy
3. Horovitz
4. Zandberg
5. Shmuli
6. Michaeli
7. Golan
8. Gilon
9. Bar Lev
10. Suede
11. Freg

Poor Freg, I thought pushing Shaffir down was to make room for him...oh it was a spin.

I hope they get 7 seats

Freg is apparently angry now that he's outside the top 10 and is demanding for Golan's reserved spot to be cancelled. What a power-hungry, useless politician. He thinks he speaks for all Arabs for some reason and uses it to backstab other people left and right (mostly left Tongue)

I want them to get 10 seats so that Bar Lev and Swid can be in. But looking at this list makes me realize how bad Meretz is- aside from Horovitz I don't really like any of them.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2020, 02:22:17 AM »

The joint run will not get six seats. Good grief. They will clearly get at least 8 and probably nine or ten.
Want to have a bet? Lunch next time I’m in Jerusalem

I’m positive this list gets no more than 7 seats. B&W will get 38, JL 14
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2020, 03:11:45 AM »

I'll take that bet. But your prediction is awfully close to mine. I just think the extra Meretz sear will get them close to a left wing majority and one more (so 9) will get them 61. I think they'll get 8. It's just the ninth that I'm uncertain about.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2020, 03:19:06 AM »

1. Peretz
2. Levy
3. Horovitz
4. Zandberg
5. Shmuli
6. Michaeli
7. Golan
8. Gilon
9. Bar Lev
10. Suede
11. Freg

I hope they get 7 seats

Freg is apparently angry now that he's outside the top 10 and is demanding for Golan's reserved spot to be cancelled. What a power-hungry, useless politician. He thinks he speaks for all Arabs for some reason and uses it to backstab other people left and right (mostly left Tongue)

I want them to get 10 seats so that Bar Lev and Swid can be in. But looking at this list makes me realize how bad Meretz is- aside from Horovitz I don't really like any of them.

Of course Freij is angry. Meretz literally only survived as a party thanks to Arab support and now they're banishing their token Arab member to make room for token right wingers who would be so much better off in Blue and White anyway. Now that supporting the Joint List is increasingly fashionable, Meretz is clearly missing the political wave. But, that being said, with this merger it virtually guarantees that right wing bloc can't get 61 seats without Liberman.

The problem is that Liberman is unreliable.  Labor-Gesher has an interesting tightrope here. They want to siphon off Liberman voters by highlighting Orly Levy, but they don't want to antogonize Liberman enough to push him into Bibi's arms. All I can say is if Gantz and Orlt Levy can steal a few of his seats the left will probably get a majority. But no poll has shoen the left doing that so far.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2020, 07:46:39 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2020, 09:54:49 AM by jaymichaud »

Lol sorry what

DU and Labor-Gesher got 405k votes between them in September, do you expect 40% of their voterbase to die before March?

I’ll say 10. JL 13, B&W 37. I’ve seen no reason to assume the Joint List will gain more seats- the only thing that will push them to 14/15 is if the Jewish Home fail to meet the threshold and NR underperform.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »

Lol sorry what

DU and Labor-Gesher got 405k votes between them in September, do you expect 40% of their voterbase to die before March?

I’ll say 10. JL 13, B&W 37. I’ve seen no reason to assume the Joint List will gain more seats- the only thing that will push them to 14/15 is if the Jewish Home fail to meet the threshold and NR underperform.

When you are close to the threshold, a party picks up voters easier since they fear the party missing the threshold and getting 0 seats. It's a rational conclusion that since both parties no longer have to fear that demarcation line, some  'softer' voters will migrate to other left/arab parties. The combined list no longer has the ability to stoke fear and gain those 'fear' voters who might normally be considering similar parties.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2020, 10:59:59 AM »

Lol sorry what

A substantial amount of Labour and Meretz voters voted out of fear not sympathy. That fear is now gone. Literally no one responded with any positive feedback to this Union. Absolute silence on social media
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »

Lol sorry what

A substantial amount of Labour and Meretz voters voted out of fear not sympathy. That fear is now gone. Literally no one responded with any positive feedback to this Union. Absolute silence on social media

The only buzz about the union that I'm seeing on social media is negativity about keeping Shaffir out (which is proving an increasingly big mistake).
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2020, 01:47:05 PM »

Lol sorry what

When you are close to the threshold, a party picks up voters easier since they fear the party missing the threshold and getting 0 seats. It's a rational conclusion that since both parties no longer have to fear that demarcation line, some  'softer' voters will migrate to other left/arab parties. The combined list no longer has the ability to stoke fear and gain those 'fear' voters who might normally be considering similar parties.

Oh come on. No center-left liberal Zionist is going to vote for a party with the Islamic Movement or f**king Balad.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2020, 01:36:01 AM »

Lol sorry what

Oh come on. No center-left liberal Zionist is going to vote for a party with the Islamic Movement or f**king Balad.
No. But a left wing Zionist would. JL already pulled around 5-10K of them last time, would be easier now
danny
Israel

« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2020, 05:57:26 AM »

The musical chairs on the right continue, as Smotrich joins with New Right. Peretz now has to decide if he's joining again or going alone with Otzma.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 63  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies