Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:45:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63
Author Topic: Israeli General Election (2nd of March, 2020): Madness  (Read 130211 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: April 15, 2020, 04:21:28 PM »

Likud/B&W talks are resuming- mandate ends shortly.

It appears to be going up in flames.

A #4 coming right up.

If election #3 was "Madness" what on earth should we call #4??

Dumpster Fire?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1501 on: April 15, 2020, 04:25:41 PM »

A #4 coming right up.

Dumpster Fire?

call it Groundhog Day.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1502 on: April 15, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »

Would not a 4th election give the majority that Netanyahu  never achieved in the first 3 elections with B&W in shambles and their supporters demoralized at the turn of events ?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1503 on: April 15, 2020, 04:59:36 PM »

Would not a 4th election give the majority that Netanyahu  never achieved in the first 3 elections with B&W in shambles and their supporters demoralized at the turn of events ?

Polls right now say yes, but it's likely that tickets will be reshuffled making the polls right now untrustworthy, and thats before we factor in Corona. The safe thing to assume therefore is that the three elections showed the polarization of the camps, and the voters will return that polarization once more, even if the tickets are not comparable to the previous contest.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1504 on: April 15, 2020, 07:50:54 PM »

A #4 coming right up.

Election #4: Oy f***ing vey!
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1505 on: April 15, 2020, 08:16:21 PM »

A #4 coming right up.

"Israeli Election #4" is a big enough joke to stand on its own.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #1506 on: April 15, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »

Jpost are predicting it'll go to the Knesset for 3 weeks.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1507 on: April 15, 2020, 09:14:47 PM »

A #4 coming right up.

"Israeli Election #4" is a big enough joke to stand on its own.

It's a shame Hebrew isn't one of the East Asian languages (Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean) where 4 and Death are homophones.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1508 on: April 16, 2020, 10:56:26 AM »

Apparently if there isn’t an agreement reached by Monday, Gantz is gonna advance the legislation blocking Bibi from forming a government.

We buying it?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1509 on: April 16, 2020, 11:10:25 AM »

Apparently if there isn’t an agreement reached by Monday, Gantz is gonna advance the legislation blocking Bibi from forming a government.

We buying it?

It's his only card, so he should better play it. There are still 61 anti-Bibi votes, even though infighting has prevented a govt.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1510 on: April 16, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »

We buying it?
Not going to happen. Now it will look petty and rigged. I doubt they’ll have the 61 votes required. More likely the motion to freeze the situation for 6 months might pass
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1511 on: April 16, 2020, 12:30:22 PM »

We buying it?
Not going to happen. Now it will look petty and rigged. I doubt they’ll have the 61 votes required. More likely the motion to freeze the situation for 6 months might pass

If anyone in the left/liberal bloc votes it down in order to spite Gantz then they deserve to go too tbh. That is if it ever gets to that of course.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1512 on: April 16, 2020, 04:12:01 PM »

Yair Netanyahu, responding to Nitzan Horovitz: "I hope the seniors that die from Coronavirus are from your camp"
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1513 on: April 16, 2020, 04:17:53 PM »

Yair Netanyahu, responding to Nitzan Horovitz: "I hope the seniors that die from Coronavirus are from your camp"

Yair who?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1514 on: April 16, 2020, 07:53:27 PM »

Maybe it's time for Israel to take a page from its neighbors and have a good old fashioned military coup. Or perhaps reestablish the Davidic monarchy.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1515 on: April 16, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »

Yair who?
Bibi's son.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1516 on: April 16, 2020, 10:11:16 PM »

Maybe it's time for Israel to take a page from its neighbors and have a good old fashioned military coup. Or perhaps reestablish the Davidic monarchy.

I wasn't ready to say that even a month ago, but now I honestly wish the IDF would remove Netanyahu and act as a caretaker government until new elections can be organized.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1517 on: April 16, 2020, 11:29:10 PM »

I wasn't ready to say that even a month ago, but now I honestly wish the IDF would remove Netanyahu and act as a caretaker government until new elections can be organized.

Having a secular coup in Turkey worked out so well.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1518 on: April 16, 2020, 11:34:51 PM »

Indeed it did. I can see no way Bibi would be strengthened from any sort of attempted IDF coup.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1519 on: April 16, 2020, 11:48:09 PM »

I'll say it: the only problem with the coup against Erdogan is that it failed. Sue me.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1520 on: April 17, 2020, 02:25:33 AM »

I'll say it: the only problem with the coup against Erdogan is that it failed. Sue me.

The coup would not have resulted in a genuine democracy and would have to be semi-autroritarian. That maybe a positive over Erdogan but it could have also led to an Egypt style dictatorship.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1521 on: April 17, 2020, 03:07:17 AM »

The coup would not have resulted in a genuine democracy and would have to be semi-autroritarian. That maybe a positive over Erdogan but it could have also led to an Egypt style dictatorship.

And then I would have opposed such dictatorship. But it doesn't change the fact that Erdogan had to be removed. If that wasn't clear then, I sure would hope it's clear now.

(Also, the IDF's culture is nothing like that of the Turkish military, so if it did take power in a moment of extreme political crisis - which it won't, let's be real - I'm pretty confident they'd restore democracy as soon as possible.)
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1522 on: April 17, 2020, 09:37:56 AM »

Lapid is proposing a 6 month “political freeze” (something I agree with) and Ya’alon is saying Gantz isn’t fit to be PM.

Also, Lieberman says he’s planning to push forward all and any anti-Netanyahu legislation in order to oust him and avoid 4th elections.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1523 on: April 17, 2020, 09:56:08 AM »

The Israeli (and once the Turkish) military are different to the Egyptian, the IDF doesn’t have the grounds to maintain a sustained military regime. Anyhow between democracy and liberalism we ought to favor liberalism
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1524 on: April 17, 2020, 11:06:47 AM »

(Also, the IDF's culture is nothing like that of the Turkish military, so if it did take power in a moment of extreme political crisis - which it won't, let's be real - I'm pretty confident they'd restore democracy as soon as possible.)

A promise that has been made many times in the past, but not always kept.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies