HarrisX: Biden up by 16 points and Bloomberg overtakes Harris in the polls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:04:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  HarrisX: Biden up by 16 points and Bloomberg overtakes Harris in the polls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HarrisX: Biden up by 16 points and Bloomberg overtakes Harris in the polls  (Read 1730 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2019, 02:46:23 PM »

Source: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/472629-bloomberg-overtakes-harris-in-new-poll
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:48:04 PM »

Biden is gonna win
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »

Uncle Joe far ahead, Bernie slightly dropping and Mike Bloomberg gaining. That's what I call a freedom poll!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 02:50:17 PM »

Uncle Joe far ahead, Bernie slightly dropping and Mike Bloomberg gaining. That's what I call a freedom poll!

Yup
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 03:15:41 PM »

#Petementum continuing, tankies falling, and Biden holding steady.  FREEDOM POLL!

And those Harris numbers...holy crap.  The fact that the person who would be the first black woman President is being overtaken in the polls by the man that allowed for legally-sanctioned harassement of minorities...I would drop out right now if I were her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »

And those Harris numbers...holy crap.  The fact that the person who would be the first black woman President is being overtaken in the polls by the man that allowed for legally-sanctioned harassement of minorities...I would drop out right now if I were her.
Harris is not a billionaire buying her way into the election.

Bloomberg will not be on the ballot in any of the first four states, so this poll is a distortion of reality.

Harris has been hurt by black voter's loyalty to Biden and college ed whites flirting with Warren and Pete. Saying she should drop out because as a black woman her history making candidacy should be doing more for her numbers than is not a sound argument when we know folks are hesitant to put something untested against Trump.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »

Fantastic news! Great to see a true patriot like Bloomberg rising and both passing and catching plastic candidates like Bootedge and Harris.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »

Democrats might just be their own worst enemy.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »

HarrisX... you might want to refrain from polling on one of the biggest travel days of the year, ya dummies!

Also does overtaking Harris mean anything at this point? It's merely a rotting husk of a campaign.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »

HarrisX... you might want to refrain from polling on one of the biggest travel days of the year, ya dummies!

Also does overtaking Harris mean anything at this point? It's merely a rotting husk of a campaign.

If Old Atlas had a clue they'd JUNK IT... but we have so many here incapable of anything beyond surface-level knee-jerk reactions so... 
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 04:04:39 PM »

And those Harris numbers...holy crap.  The fact that the person who would be the first black woman President is being overtaken in the polls by the man that allowed for legally-sanctioned harassement of minorities...I would drop out right now if I were her.

Bloomberg will not be on the ballot in any of the first four states, so this poll is a distortion of reality.

Harris has been hurt by black voter's loyalty to Biden and college ed whites flirting with Warren and Pete. Saying she should drop out because as a black woman her history making candidacy should be doing more for her numbers than is not a sound argument when we know folks are hesitant to put something untested against Trump.
Obama was an "untested" candidate in 2008.

Hillary was an "untested" candidate in 2016.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 04:51:48 PM »

Warren and Buttigieg were the only 2 candidates that Trump could of beaten, due to the AA, Latino and Arab vote; consequently,  in TX, AZ, GA, FL, OH, IA and NC, the Sunbelt stack can be won by Biden
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 05:23:52 PM »

I know that people love to paint this scenario that someone other than Biden will win the primary, but it would be a pretty epic collapse if he were to lose this race. I don't remember Giuliani in 2008, but if I recall, he was beginning to collapse by December 2007.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 05:46:50 PM »

I don't remember Giuliani in 2008, but if I recall, he was beginning to collapse by December 2007.

As of Dec. 2, 2007 (12 years ago today), Giuliani's average lead in the national polls was 13 points (over 2nd place Fred Thompson): link

That's slightly higher than Biden's current lead in the average of polls.

Though that's probably not the best comparison, since in that year, Iowa was at the beginning of *January*, not the beginning of February.  A better comparison would probably be the equivalent time two months before Iowa, which in that case would be the beginning of November rather than December.  But at that point, Giuliani also had a 13 point lead over 2nd place Fred Thompson.  His national lead didn't get down to single digits until four weeks before Iowa (and that was over new 2nd place Mike Huckabee).  McCain first got within 5 points of Giuliani in the national average just 5 days before Iowa.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »

Trump will lose to Biden
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »

Wow.
Biden's number is twice that of 2nd place Bernie.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 12:31:18 AM »

Bloomberg’s base is wealthy white suburbanites in the Northeast…

white:
Biden 24%
Buttigieg 12%
Sanders 12%
Warren 12%
Bloomberg 7%

black:
Biden 48%
Sanders 16%
Warren 7%
Bloomberg 3%
Harris 3%

Hispanic:
Biden 36%
Sanders 34%
Bloomberg 5%
Castro 5%
Warren 5%

Midwest:
Biden 26%
Sanders 20%
Warren 14%

Northeast:
Biden 44%
Sanders 11%
Bloomberg 10%

South:
Biden 26%
Sanders 14%
Warren 12%

West:
Biden 33%
Sanders 16%
Buttigieg 10%

urban:
Biden 27%
Sanders 17%
Warren 9%
Buttigieg 7%
Castro 4%

suburban:
Biden 33%
Sanders 16%
Warren 12%
Buttigieg 11%
Bloomberg 9%

rural:
Biden 34%
Sanders 11%
Bloomberg 8%
Warren 7%
Buttigieg 6%
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 02:45:46 AM »

#Petementum continuing, tankies falling, and Biden holding steady.  FREEDOM POLL!

The tankie just gained 3 points.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 02:56:38 AM »

This poll is a distortion of reality... but pretending Harris still has a chance is not?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 03:02:02 AM »

Bloomberg’s base is wealthy white suburbanites in the Northeast…

white:
Biden 24%
Buttigieg 12%
Sanders 12%
Warren 12%
Bloomberg 7%

black:
Biden 48%
Sanders 16%
Warren 7%
Bloomberg 3%
Harris 3%

Hispanic:
Biden 36%
Sanders 34%
Bloomberg 5%
Castro 5%
Warren 5%

If these numbers are accurate and hold up, Biden may run away with the nod after Super Tuesday. The big question is whether he'll lose momentum after poor showing in IA and NH and whether his supporters actually turn out.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 06:24:45 AM »

No, Biden wont lose momentum,  Super Tuesday early votes on the same day as IA, the calendar is consolidated, so that the primaries are close together. It's always been in favor of Biden, no matter who won IA and NH, aside from him, Bernie, Pete or Warren
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 06:40:28 AM »

I don't remember Giuliani in 2008, but if I recall, he was beginning to collapse by December 2007.

As of Dec. 2, 2007 (12 years ago today), Giuliani's average lead in the national polls was 13 points (over 2nd place Fred Thompson): link

Though that's probably not the best comparison, since in that year, Iowa was at the beginning of *January*, not the beginning of February.  A better comparison would probably be the equivalent time two months before Iowa, which in that case would be the beginning of November rather than December.  But at that point, Giuliani also had a 13 point lead over 2nd place Fred Thompson.  His national lead didn't get down to single digits until four weeks before Iowa (and that was over new 2nd place Mike Huckabee).  McCain first got within 5 points of Giuliani in the national average just 5 days before Iowa.

The big difference is Guliani was nowhere in the early states so his national lead was always a bit of a chimera.

Biden might be running a bit weaker in IA/NH than nationally but it's not comparable to Giuliani. Biden could still very plausibly win both IA and NH.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2019, 07:36:32 AM »

RIP Harris.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2019, 07:44:03 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2019, 07:57:57 AM by Tintrlvr »

Though that's probably not the best comparison, since in that year, Iowa was at the beginning of *January*, not the beginning of February.  A better comparison would probably be the equivalent time two months before Iowa, which in that case would be the beginning of November rather than December.  But at that point, Giuliani also had a 13 point lead over 2nd place Fred Thompson.  His national lead didn't get down to single digits until four weeks before Iowa (and that was over new 2nd place Mike Huckabee).  McCain first got within 5 points of Giuliani in the national average just 5 days before Iowa.

The big difference is Guliani was nowhere in the early states so his national lead was always a bit of a chimera.

Biden might be running a bit weaker in IA/NH than nationally but it's not comparable to Giuliani. Biden could still very plausibly win both IA and NH.

Huh Biden is nowhere in Iowa. New Hampshire maybe but Iowa is obviously gone at this point, and the Biden campaign is busy pulling out and downplaying its importance. And I recall Giuliani was still vaguely competitive in the early states at this point, too.

Edit: Yup, looked at the historical polling, Giuliani was in mid-teens and about third place in Iowa in November, where Biden is now, and around 20% plus or minus a few points in in New Hampshire, again around Biden’s numbers or even a bit better, and consistently second there after Romney. By mid-December he had fallen to single digits in Iowa and McCain had surged to the lead in New Hampshire, with Giuliani dropping to mid-teens and third, but as Morden pointed out, the Iowa caucuses were early that year, and Biden’s trajectory has been consistently downward in both states, too.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 08:05:20 AM »

Biden or Bernie. Trump would love to run against either. Gabbard and Klobuchar are dems best candidates.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies