The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:20:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 166284 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« on: July 01, 2022, 04:10:12 PM »

Hillary Clinton on 2024:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-host-calls-out-hillary-clinton-cant-imagine-2024-run-thats-not-no

During an appearance on "CBS Mornings," the former presidential candidate was asked by co-host Gayle King if there was "any scenario" in which she thought about jumping back into the "day to day" of politics.

"No… but I miss it. I miss it," Clinton replied, before King interjected.

"There’s no scenario in 2024 that you’d even remotely consider?" she asked.

The 2016 Democratic nominee said that she couldn’t "imagine it. I really can't."

"That’s not a no," King said.

The obsession with Hillary is very unhealthy. When does that ever stop?

The Democratic Party has an incumbent president who repeatedly stated his intention to run for reelection. It's a fantasy debate.
The Democratic Party has an uncharismatic 80 year old incumbent with a 35% approval and no enthusiastic base minus Atlas centrists. The reality sucks.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 06:03:12 PM »

The WaPo reports that people “in Biden’s inner circle” say that he’s far more likely to run in ’24 if Trump jumps in the race:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/19/biden-trump-rematch/

Biden may seek reelection in any case, people in his inner circle say, but if Trump runs, Biden is far more likely to do so. And if Trump holds off, it will be far easier for other Democrats to approach Biden about letting someone else take on a younger Republican nominee.

Also:

Everyone around Biden is operating as if he is running, with plans pointing toward April 2023 for a formal announcement. Close associates say his low poll numbers, and the ongoing discussion among Democrats of whether Biden is their best option, motivate rather than deflate him.

“He feels he has something to prove,” said one person close to Biden, speaking on the condition of anonymity to offer a candid assessment. “It just makes him more enraged.”
The ego on this dude
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 06:44:10 PM »

Chris Sunnunu told Dana Bash he is considering a run for President yesterday.

GOP Gov. Chris Sununu of New Hampshire said Sunday he is considering a White House bid in 2024, citing the Granite State’s “live free or die” spirit as a model for the Republican Party.

“Yes,” Sununu said when asked by CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union” whether he was considering a presidential run.

“I really don’t have a timeline. I’m spending a lot of time naturally trying to grow the party as Republicans, talk to independents, talk to the next generation of potential Republican voters that right now no one is really reaching out to,” he said.

He could be the strongest possible candidate.
He's a bargain bin Jon Huntsman
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies