The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:50:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165662 times)
Barack Oganja

« on: August 10, 2020, 11:18:29 AM »

Prior denial aside, I see her running, and I think she'd do better with the GOP base than someone like Haley

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/08/gov-kristi-noem-south-dakota-presidential-race/5397174002/
Barack Oganja

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 10:17:12 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chris-christie-trump-2024-presidential-run

Throw on top of this his involvement in the GA senate runoff and his new ad advocating for mask wearing...
Atlas is gonna say he'd make NJ competitive
Barack Oganja

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 09:27:45 AM »

Miscalculation by Haley, anyone perceived as being an outright anti-Trumper won't win the nomination. And no, this isn't her just speaking her conscience, she's a calculating politician like the rest. She wouldn't say this is she thought it wouldn't help her candidacy.
Barack Oganja

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 01:04:25 PM »

Barack Oganja

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »

Barack Oganja

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 12:02:40 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Morden link=topic=348884y Cooper to consider a presidential bid, and this is the response to that from Cooper’s office:

[url
https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/gov-roy-cooper-as-a-presidential-candidate-donors-encouraging-possible-2024-run-reports-say/[/url]

The report gained momentum on social media on Monday to the extent that Cooper’s office issued this statement:.msg8386786#msg8386786 date=1639431012 uid=1206]
The NYT reports that some donors are encouraging Ro

“The Governor supports President Biden and is focused on ensuring North Carolina emerges from the pandemic even stronger than before and implementing the President’s plans to create better jobs and support families here in our state.”

Ummm…that’s not exactly a denial of interest in the scenario where Biden doesn’t run.

There’s a lot more on other potential candidates from that NYT story that I mentioned (reposted in Yahoo News, so that there’s no paywall):

https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-solidly-behind-biden-theres-165120806.html

Two Democrats who ran for president in the last election said they fully anticipated Biden would run again, but they notably did not rule out running themselves if he declined to do so.

“He’s running, I expect to support him and help him get reelected,” Warren said. “I’m sticking with that story.”

Klobuchar, who told influential Democrats last year that she’d be interested in running again, said of Biden: “He has said he’s going to run again, and I take him at his word, and that’s all I’m going to say.”
Biden’s commerce secretary, Gina Raimondo, has also expressed interest in the White House in the past.

In the run-up to the 2020 election, Raimondo, then the governor of Rhode Island, told an informal adviser that she believed there was a path to the presidency for someone of her experience and background. But Raimondo, a leader of her party’s moderate wing, recently told an associate she was “out of the politics business.”
While allies say that [IL Gov.] Pritzker has expressed no specific intention to run for president in 2024 if Biden bows out, he has talked privately about his interest in seeking the White House at some point should the opportunity arise.

His advisers tried to tamp down the prospect, at least for now. “Governor Pritzker is focused on addressing the challenges facing the people of Illinois and is not spending any time on D.C.’s favorite parlor game: Who will run for President next,” said Emily Bittner, his spokeswoman. She said the governor “wholeheartedly supports” Biden and Harris and expected them to be reelected.

May we all be blessed with the level of confidence of a mediocre politician
Barack Oganja

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 03:15:50 PM »

I would pay money to see a debate with Pence and Trump in it, I might treat that like the super bowl
Barack Oganja

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 09:26:55 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies