The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:48:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165417 times)
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« on: January 29, 2020, 11:45:15 AM »

2020: Pete Buttigieg (South Bend Mayor) or Andrew Yang (businessman)
2016: Ted Cruz (Private Lawyer, Fmr. Texas Solicitor General running for Senate)
2012: Bachmann and Herman Cain [this year was harder to do]
2008: Barack Obama (State Senator running for Senate)
2004: Wesley Clark (NATO commander)
2000: Alan Keyes (State Department Assistant Undersecretary)

For 2012, did anyone really see Newt Gingrich running? In 2008, was he on anyone's radar? That was a real blast from the past.

P.S. I knew Buttigieg would run and do well Wink But then I also had a thousand bucks waiting for me if Kamala was the nominee Sad
Randall
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:27:34 PM »

Kristi Noem has a lot of goodwill from Trumpers since the Mt Rushmore speech

Where Tulsa was a Cain-killing disaster, Rushmore made for some good photographs
Randall
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »

I just realized that, for the third cycle in a row, the tea leaves threads will likely be filled with "will he, won't he" articles about Joe Biden
Randall
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 02:02:49 PM »

https://www.mediaite.com/news/dan-bongino-floats-2024-presidential-bid-if-trump-isnt-on-the-ballot-i-will-consider-entering-politics-again/

Pro-Trump pundit Dan Bongino floated on his podcast Monday that he would consider running for president of the United States in 2024.

“I hate politics,” Bongino said. “Paula [Bongino] is like, don’t you dare. I’m going to dare. I hate — I have said a thousand times on this show, ‘politics and me, no good.'”

The Fox News contributor then said that if Maryland’s Republican Governor Larry Hogan ran for president, he would challenge him.

“If Harry (sic) Hogan runs for president in 2024, and there is no one by the name of Trump on the ballot, I will consider entering politics again,” Bongino stated.
For someone who hates politics so much, Bongino has made quite a few bids for public office. The pundit ran for Congress in Maryland and Florida three times, all unsuccessfully.

Who?Huh?

Bit of a shock but NSA Robert O'Brien has floated a 2024 bid

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/24/trumps-national-security-adviser-floats-a-2024-bid-with-friends-439999

Honestly being National Security Advisor is good prepping to *be* president, but I don't know that it prepares you to *run* for president.

Who?HuhHuh
Randall
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 11:31:56 PM »

Trump being a 'paper candidate' doesn't really vibe with the assumption that he'll be holding ego-boosting rallies. Either he's running or he's not
Randall
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

More from the Georgia primary: Mike Pence running

Randall
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 06:41:10 AM »

assuming Trump doesn't get banned from holding public office, we're in for the most boring primary season since I was 4 years old.

Or it could be a 2016 redux!
Randall
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 06:35:29 PM »

Posting this because 'helping others get elected' in the midterms is a staple of the pre-presidential campaign season

Randall
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 01:04:23 PM »

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has released a documentary. Tripling-down on 2020 election conspiracy theories.

https://michaeljlindell.com/

Reminiscent of Trump's ownership of the Obama birtherism conspiracy theory. Lindell is running.

Presentation of the documentary itself, with its slideshow and all, also brings to mind Ross Perot. But, you know, nuttier.
Randall
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 01:24:54 PM »

I just realized that, for the third cycle in a row, the tea leaves threads will likely be filled with "will he, won't he" articles about Joe Biden
Randall
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 02:59:47 PM »

Ron DeSantis is stealing Trump's mannerisms and speaking patterns. He's running.

Randall
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »

Christie, whose 2016 bid for the nomination was short-lived, has told friends that he'd be the only person in the 2024 field with executive experience who has run a presidential race before.

Is "I don't have a day job (but i used to!) and I've done this before!" a winning pitch?
Randall
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 06:34:46 AM »

Pence's technical point about the Vice Presidency makes absolute sense, there was no way he could have overturned the election. The thing I don't know is whether he agrees with Trump that their defeat was a fraud. Maybe Republicans are dumb enough to believe the election was rigged but smart enough to accept the VP can't throw out results they don't like, but I'm not betting on it.

There's a sort of middle ground that many Republicans are embracing, wherein they don't endorse the 'Mike Lindell' brand of 'the election was stolen by Democrats! Working with China! Or Iran! Or Italy!' - but they're more of the thinking that 'the election was stolen because it was too easy for Democrats to vote!'

Which, stripped of the rhetoric, is essentially true: vote-by-mail was a massive boon for Democrats. And it's in the Republicans' interest to curtail stuff like that.
Randall
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2023, 01:49:41 AM »

Gavin Newsom officially puts any lingering 2024 speculation to rest.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is trying to put an end to speculation that he might run for president in 2024, saying he's all in for President Joe Biden.

"I think we need to move past this notion that he’s not going to run," Newsom told NBC "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd in an interview, adding that he looked forward to getting Biden re-elected.

"I think there’s been so much wallowing in the last few months, and handwringing in this respect," Newsom said. "But we’re gearing up for the campaign. We’re looking forward to it."

He said his message to donors wondering if the nominee will be someone besides Biden is: "Time to move on. Let's go."

Newsom Addresses 2024 Rumors Amid Biden Health Concerns: ‘Let’s go’
Randall
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2023, 07:38:30 AM »

Cenk Uygur considering

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/cenk-uygur-is-so-frustrated-by-bidens-slagging-poll-numbers-that-hes-staffing-up-for-a-2024-run/

Cenk Uygur says he’s so mortified by the prospect of former President Donald Trump winning a second term over incumbent President Joe Biden, who he views as weak, that he’s staffing up for a 2024 run of his own.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies