The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:27:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165873 times)
Los Angeles Swag Boss
L.A. Da Boss
Rookie
United States

« on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:10 PM »

I think this article is very interesting and I do agree that you can figure out most of the major players 5 years out — and things get even more clear after the election.

I would point out that each of the past few elections brought someone who wouldn’t have been noticed 5 years prior being a decently sized player in the election. Here’s a list:

2020: Pete Buttigieg (South Bend Mayor) or Andrew Yang (businessman)
2016: Ted Cruz (Private Lawyer, Fmr. Texas Solicitor General running for Senate)
2012: Bachmann and Herman Cain [this year was harder to do]
2008: Barack Obama (State Senator running for Senate)
2004: Wesley Clark (NATO commander)
2000: Alan Keyes (State Department Assistant Undersecretary)

I could go on and on, but I think we should also expect at least one person who is WAY off of our radar to make an impact in the race along with the usual suspects in this article.

Here's a rundown on 2024 maneuvering, that doesn't really break any big news, but is still an interesting read:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/01/03/2024-presidential-election-candidates-091055

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies