The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:16:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165615 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: October 04, 2020, 11:19:39 PM »

Ummmmm....

Meghan Markle harbors serious ambitions to run for president of the United States, according to a report.

After the Duchess of Sussex and husband Prince Harry dumped royal duties with their historic Megxit this year, the 39-year-old former "Suits" star now has her eye on the White House, a close friend told Vanity Fair.

"One of the reasons she was so keen not to give up her American citizenship was so she had the option to go into politics," the unidentified friend told the mag.

"I think if Meghan and Harry ever gave up their titles she would seriously consider running for president," the friend added of rumors of a 2024 run.

Her biographer, Omid Scobie, also previously claimed that the former actress "has her eyes set on the US presidency."

"Meghan is the embodiment of the American dream. One day we may see Meghan become president," the author of "Finding Freedom: Harry, Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family" previously told a documentary, Vanity Fair said.

[...]
I dont think Americans would vote for royalty but on the other end why not
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 07:50:55 PM »

Yang has good ideas but he's sort of a wimp who would be a pushover and probably lose in a presidential run. People generally want somebody who sort of "alpha" as their leader. He would be a good cabinet nominee or advisor to Biden though
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 02:07:12 AM »

Eric Trump is the darkhorse candidate
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 12:34:43 AM »

Couple months ago people were talking about him being a populist but that obsviously nonsense. Anyways he is basically appealing to the republican #resistance crowd if that makes sense
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 01:34:14 PM »

As of now, the only Republicans that have an over 5-10% chance of getting the nomination are Trump and DeSantis. I've been thinking about who would be a good running mate for them. If Trump is the nominee, I personally wish he not pick DeSantis because he would be too useful in Florida. This might be a bit of an unpopular opinion but I think Ben Carson would be a safe pick for Trump. He has been very loyal to Trump, stays out of controversy, and has a lot of appeal to the Religious Right and would get voters fired up over abortion. Any other ideas I have would be me injecting too much of my own beliefs.

DeSantis being the nominee opens up many more opportunities for running mate but right now I can't think of many people he would seriously entertain. Personally, I think the best choice would be a good representative from a safe Republican area like Paul Gosar.
Lol, that's a ticket for Biden to win 350+ EVs
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 02:13:25 AM »

Lindsey Graham is in Israel meeting with Netanyahu, and getting quite a bit of praise from him too.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) traded praise Monday during a meeting in Jerusalem to discuss the current violence between Israel and Hamas.

Netanyahu hailed the Republican South Carolina senator, thanking him for his support during a press conference, where the two stood side-by-side.

"No one has done more for Israel than you, Senator Lindsey Graham, stalwart champion of our alliance and we have no better friend," Netanyahu told Graham.

He went on to thank Graham for the work he's done on Israeli defense, security and Iran.

"You've been a tremendous friend and a tremendous ally," Netanyahu added.
"Now who's a good boy?" "You are"-Netanyahu probably
"Arf Arf"-Graham
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 03:11:19 PM »

Trump says he’s made a decision about 2024, but won’t reveal what it is (though his followup comments hint that he’s running):

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-tells-sean-hannity-hes-made-his-mind-about-running-2024-election-1605833

Trump made his comment during a Fox News town hall that Hannity hosted on Wednesday night.

"I have to ask, where are you in the process of," Hannity began before finally asking, "Without giving the answer what the answer is, have you made up your mind?"

"Yes," Trump responded.

"It's not that I want to," Trump later clarified. "The country needs it. We have to take care of this country. It isn't fun, fighting constantly, fighting always."

Here’s the relevant segment:

Translation: Trump hasn't made up his mind yet
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 09:17:02 AM »

Meghan McCain's of the opinion that Ron Desantis would "put Kamala Harris in the ground" if both were their respective parties's nominees.

Meghan McCain on Monday predicted that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) would put Vice President Kamala Harris "in the ground" if they were to face off against each other in a presidential election.

"I think she stumbled when she was running for president. She dropped out before Iowa, she was a very early dropout. She wasn't resonating with voters way before President Biden was elected," McCain said, acknowledging that she could not be unbiased due to being a Republican.

McCain criticized Harris's approach to the immigration crisis, which she has been tasked with handling, pointing to how she laughed off questions about visiting the border.

"Her laugh has become a way for people to take hits at her because it's uncomfortable to watch, it's uncomfortable to answer and she — I always thought she needed more media training than she had," McCain said.

"The problem for Democrats going into 2024 is if President Biden chooses not to run for reelection, she's just not going to be a strong enough candidate to run for president," McCain continued. "Ron DeSantis would would put her in the ground. I mean, it would be an election for Republicans. Republicans would love nothing more than to run against Vice President Harris."
Who asked for her opinion?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 08:11:37 PM »

is Afghanistan really a big deal? seems like very few people actually care about this
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 07:18:02 PM »

is Afghanistan really a big deal? seems like very few people actually care about this

It was only a big deal when people were watching in horror as the withdrawal happened (even as the majority of Americans approved of the withdrawal. I guess they just didn't like seeing it?) but it's just about all that the GOP can use against him unless they succeed with their debt ceiling hostage situation gambit.

Anyway, it definitely seems like Trump running is as inevitable as it always seemed. He doesn't seem very intimidated by all the mounting legal troubles he is in. And I can't blame him for that. He always weasels his way out of consequences, and is justifiably confident that he can do so again enough to run another campaign in three years.
Trump can very well run again but he would be one the easier republican opponents although you would put up with alot of his nonsense all over again.

As for debt ceiling, you can just raise it by removing the filibuster for it, why Congressional democrats don't that is beyond me
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 07:50:04 PM »

Are we going to have a "will he or won't he" for Biden for the third cycle in a row?

He needs to make a decision on running and announce it before the midterms.
Why would you announce it before the midterms? That's makes no sense
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 01:40:05 PM »

Fingers crossed.
??
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 09:39:21 PM »

Trump on 2024:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-condemns-russia-invasion-says-he-prays-ukrainian-people-2022-02-27/

Trump has not confirmed whether he will run for president again in 2024, but has hinted at it heavily recently and did so again on Saturday.

"On November 2024, they (Democrats) will find out like never before. We did it twice, and we'll do it again. We're going to be doing it again, a third time," Trump said.

What did he do twice?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies