The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165534 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: April 20, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »

Do you mean 2 term or $2 trillion?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #726 on: April 20, 2021, 01:51:05 PM »

How about both?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #727 on: April 20, 2021, 03:30:14 PM »

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/04/20/nikki-haley-scouts-a-2024-partner-492527

Apparently, Nikki Haley met with Francis Suarez, the mayor of Miami and is openly considering him for a running mate. He'd be a strange choice, but not a bad one, I suppose.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2021, 03:51:12 PM »

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/04/20/nikki-haley-scouts-a-2024-partner-492527

Apparently, Nikki Haley met with Francis Suarez, the mayor of Miami and is openly considering him for a running mate. He'd be a strange choice, but not a bad one, I suppose.
Interesting that she’d be looking for a running mate this far out
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #729 on: April 20, 2021, 10:12:44 PM »

Hannity asked Trump about 2024:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-claims-beyond-seriously-thinking-055431723.html

“Are you running again in 2024?” Hannity asked. “What are the odds?” “First of all, it’s a long time,” Trump replied. “The odds, the odds. What are the odds?” Then, after a brief tangent, Trump added, “I say this: I am looking at it very seriously, beyond seriously. From a legal standpoint, I don’t want to really talk about it yet. It’s a little too soon.”
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #730 on: April 20, 2021, 10:29:18 PM »

As I've said, I'll believe a Trump run when I see it. I feel like he'll keep teasing but never actually get in.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #731 on: April 21, 2021, 02:59:49 AM »

As I've said, I'll believe a Trump run when I see it. I feel like he'll keep teasing but never actually get in.

Why give up people giving you their money now when you can do it in 2024?
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #732 on: April 21, 2021, 08:49:35 AM »

https://www.axios.com/chris-christie-2024-presidential-election-4eac5391-8239-4a92-93e1-4f0fb5b367ab.html

Christies allies expect him to run.

He's very clearly floating the balloon. I do wonder what he would determine his path to be. He could try a redux of his 2016 campaign but I really think he'd have to mix things up to stage a comeback. He wouldn't be the first shocker of a comeback though.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #733 on: April 21, 2021, 09:46:21 AM »

https://www.axios.com/chris-christie-2024-presidential-election-4eac5391-8239-4a92-93e1-4f0fb5b367ab.html

He's very clearly floating the balloon. I do wonder what he would determine his path to be. He could try a redux of his 2016 campaign but I really think he'd have to mix things up to stage a comeback. He wouldn't be the first shocker of a comeback though.

I like Chris Christie, but he really should lose weight before he runs again. How are you supposed to run a tough, spirited campaign if you're so heavy? Not to mention the optics. He would have a lot more energy and be far more healthy if he lost 50+ lbs.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #734 on: April 21, 2021, 04:36:52 PM »

It's gonna be quite enjoyable to watch him waste his time & morons' money.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #735 on: April 21, 2021, 09:57:35 PM »

In terms of specific things that Christie has reportedly told those in his orbit according to that story, there's this:

Christie, whose 2016 bid for the nomination was short-lived, has told friends that he'd be the only person in the 2024 field with executive experience who has run a presidential race before.

I guess that's likely to be true, as long as Trump himself doesn't run again.  (Though there's always the possibility of Jeb Bush or Jim Gilmore redux.)

But then, regarding Trump:

Christie has told associates that Trump's decision about running again in 2024 won't affect his own decision-making.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #736 on: April 21, 2021, 10:12:04 PM »

On a related note, how many of you think those posers Gloria La Riva and Rocky De La Fuente are gonna run again?

15th time's the charm eh?

Who even votes for these guys?!

Does La Fuente even have a platform? I swear I see this dude running for every office every year!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #737 on: April 22, 2021, 01:44:40 PM »

I strongly suspect it depends on how his finances are doing. (Presuming health and criminal challenges don't overwhelm him.)

If the GOP continue to let him drain their donations into his private coffers, he likely won't bother. ("Donate now to help Donald Trump elect Nikki Haley!") If they push back, he'll either run and steal their crop of hateful idiots again, or he'll just flat-out sabotage them ("Donate now to Real Republican Donald Trump, not backstabbing traitor Nikki Haley!") There's also a chance he'll hold out, or try that sort of political extortion, in order to collect on a big bribe. ("Large Republican Donor buy multiple Trump properties in deal worth $30 billion! And in completely unrelated news, Trump endorses Jeb Bush for President.")
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #738 on: April 22, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »

Christie, whose 2016 bid for the nomination was short-lived, has told friends that he'd be the only person in the 2024 field with executive experience who has run a presidential race before.

Is "I don't have a day job (but i used to!) and I've done this before!" a winning pitch?
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #739 on: April 22, 2021, 03:18:08 PM »

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/6th-annual-basque-fry-tickets-151578047019?aff=MINPACFacebook
DeSantis making ties in an early GOP primary state. Will be the featured speaker at the Morning in Nevada PAC's Basque Fry alongside the former Lt. Governor.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #740 on: April 22, 2021, 05:53:29 PM »

Is "I don't have a day job (but i used to!) and I've done this before!" a winning pitch?

to normal voters no. to people behind the scenes, I do think it could work. He's going to run into the problem of pence (executive experience + being on the national campaign trail) but he can certainly make the pitch to donors that they can't afford to take a gamble in 2024. although this might be better in it's own thread
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #741 on: April 22, 2021, 06:26:10 PM »

Christie is belligerent and corrupt enough for the modern GOP but still has some degree of attachment to objective reality which makes him dead-on-arrival. He's probably just bored and figures "why the hell not?"
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #742 on: April 23, 2021, 09:57:16 AM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #743 on: April 23, 2021, 11:44:14 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cotton-iowa-trip-2024-white-house-speculation

Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas is heading to the first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa in late June to help support fellow Republicans running in the 2022 midterm elections.
The Republican Party of Iowa confirmed to Fox News on Wednesday that Cotton will team up with longtime Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa and GOP state chair Jeff Kaufmann on June 29 in Sioux Center, a small city in the reliably red northwest part of the Hawkeye State.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #744 on: April 23, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »

Lol, Cotton won't be PREZ
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #745 on: April 23, 2021, 02:16:23 PM »

Not officially announced yet, but sources say Trump temporarily moving his maybe-proto-2024 campaign to New Jersey:

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-bedminster/

Former president Donald Trump may temporarily move from Florida to another one of his properties in New Jersey.

The twice-impeached one-term president and his team may relocate from his Mar-A-Lago resort to his golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey, unnamed Trump advisers told Business Insider.

"They're moving the whole operation to New Jersey because they're going to start doing more fundraising," said one Trump advisor familiar with the discussions.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #746 on: April 26, 2021, 03:32:03 PM »

Might be a good way for her to avoid a career ending primary loss in 2022, forego re-election and go for a long shot Prez bid.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #747 on: April 26, 2021, 03:36:51 PM »

There is a cursed timeline in which a Bloomberg/Clinton-Cheney "unity" ticket gets serious backing "to defeat Trump", but Trump isn't president and there isn't even much room for a good grift here.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #748 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:50 PM »

You didn’t quote what she said, so I’ll do so here (and here’s the NY Post story that this story quoted from: https://nypost.com/2021/04/26/rep-liz-cheney-not-ruling-out-2024-presidential-bid/ ):

“I’m not ruling anything in or out — ever is a long time,” [Cheney] told The Post when asked if she would ever consider running [for president] in the future.
“I think we have a huge number of interesting candidates [in 2024], but I think that we’re going to be in a good position to be able to take the White House. I do think that some of our candidates who led the charge, particularly the senators who led the unconstitutional charge, not to certify the election, you know, in my view  that’s disqualifying,” she said.  

“I think that adherence to the Constitution, adherence to your oath has got to be at the top of the list. So, I think, you know that certainly will be a factor that I’m looking at and I think a number of voters will be looking at as they decide about ’24.”
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #749 on: April 26, 2021, 09:33:36 PM »

You didn’t quote what she said, so I’ll do so here (and here’s the NY Post story that this story quoted from: https://nypost.com/2021/04/26/rep-liz-cheney-not-ruling-out-2024-presidential-bid/ ):

“I’m not ruling anything in or out — ever is a long time,” [Cheney] told The Post when asked if she would ever consider running [for president] in the future.
“I think we have a huge number of interesting candidates [in 2024], but I think that we’re going to be in a good position to be able to take the White House. I do think that some of our candidates who led the charge, particularly the senators who led the unconstitutional charge, not to certify the election, you know, in my view  that’s disqualifying,” she said.  

“I think that adherence to the Constitution, adherence to your oath has got to be at the top of the list. So, I think, you know that certainly will be a factor that I’m looking at and I think a number of voters will be looking at as they decide about ’24.”

Oh, come on. Remember the last Cheney on a national ticket?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies